Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6401 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:30 AM
Do not use drinking straws. I made the mistake once. Dry socket is no joke.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#6402 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Life would be much easier if I could install Pescado's macrotastics on family. Macro-skill-creativity=get your rear to the piano or guitar and PRACTICE!!! Macro-clean and macro-garden would also be lovely. Macro-do homework would get used constantly.

Macro-skill-dancing seems to happen naturally, though . . . as does macro-hobby-games

I agree wholeheartedly. Do macroclean on the kid so he cleans the whole house while I work... :D

Anyway, here is my random thought: My fiance gave me The Sims 1: Hot Date as an engagement present and in a little over a month we will have been married for 17 years. Smart man! He knew the way to my heart! :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#6403 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I wasn't being rude about the developers - I was agreeing with you.

Oh no, not you! I was referring to the original post I quoted--the comment regarding how long it took the TS4 team to develop Seasons (compared to the development of TS2 Seasons). I should've clarified, my bad!
Inventor
#6404 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Do not use drinking straws. I made the mistake once. Dry socket is no joke.

I won't, I've been drinking out of plastic cups since yesterday. And that's what I'm afraid of the most, so I hope they close up quickly without any incident.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6405 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM
I found ModTheSims2.com mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine (#995, March 9, 2006):

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6406 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:34 AM
Oh yes, Fansee's Brokeback sims got a lot of mentions in the media- and even a mention in The Sims 2!
http://www.modthesims.info/download...974#post1762974
Mad Poster
#6407 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:47 AM
I noticed they swiped the image from the download page!

Field Researcher
#6408 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Finally set up my new gaming pc. In the process of setting up Sims 2 UC to work properly and just gotta say its been almost painless because of my lurking in this community and learning new things I would have had no idea I had to do (or not do!).

So far I've:

Fixed the stuck resolution problem
Fixed the neighborhood terrain problem
Fixed the greyed out smooth edges problem

Thankfully didn't have the shadows issue that I used to have to fix. Right now I guess I'm setting up my favorite neighborhood again and adding my favorite CC/downloads. (Am I missing anything? :P)

Once I get an actual full-time job again, I definitely need to donate to this site! I've been feeling kinda bad about that. It's so nice how active it still is seeing as its like a 15 year old game, haha.

edit: Oh yeah, should edit camera mod file thingy to see more of the neighborhood!
Mad Poster
#6409 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 10:48 PM
And add the 4GB patch; if needed, download a new copy of the CEP and the Scriptorium and install them too.
Mad Poster
#6410 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 2:36 AM
I've always kind of assumed that the fact that Sims only ever used a screwdriver when tinkering with or repairing electronics was just because EAxis needed a tool to animate around, and that was the most convenient option they already had designed.

As I'm building my computer, I'm realizing that, nope, you really do use a screwdriver to the exclusion of almost everything else in a project like that!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#6411 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 6:13 PM Last edited by TheDraizeTrain : 1st Jul 2018 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
And add the 4GB patch; if needed, download a new copy of the CEP and the Scriptorium and install them too.

Thanks!

Is the 4gb patch a necessity? (Sorry I'm kinda bad with grammar so unsure if "if needed" referred to that) I very rarely have crash issues, even on my previous old as heck laptop that runs up to date Windows 10.
Inventor
#6412 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 10:04 PM
I now have an SFS account :D. Now I can upload my MTS stuff there as well in case anything happens, and I got 5 downloads of my eye set. This is so cool.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#6413 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
Thanks!

Is the 4gb patch a necessity? (Sorry I'm kinda bad with grammar so unsure if "if needed" referred to that) I very rarely have crash issues, even on my previous old as heck laptop that runs up to date Windows 10.

The "if needed" refers to the next part of the sentence. The semi-colon separates the two grammatical parts of that sentence. ESL teacher.

The 4GB patch can make the game take advantage of an extra 2GB of memory if you use a 64 bit OS.
Inventor
#6414 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Primavera : 3rd Jul 2018 at 11:51 PM.
Speaking of, I'm finally getting ready to install the 4GB patch. I backed up my Downloads, Neighborhoods, SC4Terrains, and SavedSims folder and I'm gonna attempt to do this (I haven't had any detrimental crashes since I started playing *knocks on wood* but better safe than sorry). Wish me luck.

EDIT: it worked! I had a mini heart attack at first because it was just a black screen for a good 45 seconds but then it loaded up as normal and I tested Sim State University. It loaded up much smoother than before, and my Logs says 4096MB for both Memory and Free memory :DDD. I followed the instructions of iCad's post for this updated patch. Works like a charm thus far; if not I still have my backups.

DOUBLE EDIT: also running the Compressorizer on all my Downloads sub-folder. My HoodDeco folder went down from 338MB to 138MB .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#6415 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:16 PM
https://www.yorkvision.co.uk/scene/...tion/29/07/2014

Very unusual review of the game. I liked this:

Quote:
Look, in truth, The Sims 2 is beyond grand, it’s beyond spectacular. It’s at times truly breathtaking, not bad for a game which came out the year Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook. Ultimately my only complaint, in so far as you could call it one is that the game, for all its brilliance, is pure evil.

It’s a game which would ultimately take a full human lifetime to play in its entirety, enjoying and seeing everything it has to offer. It’s a game man was not meant to play, stolen from the gods by Will Wright, the Prometheus of the gaming world. And so the core question in this review is as follows: If a game is so good at what it does, so immense and yet so playable that you could feasibly spend your entire life doing nothing else, is it a good game? Or is it a heinous atrocity, a crime against humanity that should be eradicated from the face of the earth before it can do anymore damage?

I don’t know the answers, but I think if I can get my sim’s logic skill up high enough he might be able to figure it out, so I’ll get back to you.

Why is one of the most awesomeness games called "pure evil"?
I think because if other games are immersed in their world, then Sims 2 immerses in the world that you yourself created. Only Sims 2. In Sims 3 and 4 you can't create own wold in game. And the game has so many secrets. This is completely a sandbox game.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6416 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 10:40 PM
LOL - good review. I think what they're saying is it's so good it crosses over good and comes back on the other side.

Which is true, of course.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#6417 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
I think because if other games are immersed in their world, then Sims 2 immerses in the world that you yourself created. Only Sims 2. In Sims 3 and 4 you can't create own world in game. And the game has so many secrets. This is completely a sandbox game.

We've made it a sandbox game, and it is, truly spectacular.
Instructor
#6418 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:56 AM
That moment when you randomly decide to take a look at one of your Sims' LTW and accidentally realise his aspiration is Grow Up... as an adult. Oh no.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Scholar
#6419 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:35 AM
Hey some adults would love to grow up!
Not mine though.
Test Subject
#6420 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:18 AM
Debating on if it would be weird to install and use the religion mod to make my simmies worship a sim-god me
Inventor
#6421 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:50 AM
Finally defaulted that hair that was bugging me for weeks! This tutorial was incredibly helpful after I read it 20 more times, and as I type this at 6:50 am I'm gonna test it in-game :D. Now to figure out how I can delete my help request post in the Body Shop thread.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6422 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Finally defaulted that hair that was bugging me for weeks! This tutorial was incredibly helpful after I read it 20 more times, and as I type this at 6:50 am I'm gonna test it in-game :D. Now to figure out how I can delete my help request post in the Body Shop thread.

Don't bother deleting the post - other people might find it helpful if they are trying the same thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#6423 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Don't bother deleting the post - other people might find it helpful if they are trying the same thing.

Actually I already deleted it >.>. Only thing was that no one replied to that post I made; I posted an update of the situation about a week ago but I didn't get a response. But now that I got it I figured it'd be safe to delete it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6424 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:18 AM
Listening to Welcome to Night Vale as I've been driving back and forth across the desert over and over, it occurs to me that there's very little in Night Vale that couldn't be rendered as a TS2 neighborhood... not even a particularly complicated one, at that. It'd have a lot in common with Strangetown, but you'd be able to make a pretty faithful recreation of it.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6425 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:23 AM
When I first heard of Welcome to Night Vale, I wonder if the writers had played Strangetown.

Page 257 of 515