Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 8:42 PM
Default An issue with a sim's wardrobe
This question is probably overlapping a little bit with WCIF, but its more about the discussion of other sims players Im after, rather than getting links to mods/hacks.

Anyway, something Ive always been bothered with Sims2 is that when you move a sims out, all of their clothes dissappear, but you can put basically anything else in your sims inventory when moving.
If playing the game without money cheats (I prefer using a loan and tax methods), this can be a bit annoying in long run AND when the game take a long time to load those add-to-cart or change appearance/outfit "windows" to re-add them. The hood Im playing, only the heir and his/her parents will live on the lot until they dies while everyone else will move out, so I like to find a way that allow them to keep their clothes when moving. Does anybody has a good suggestion what to do about this?
(Although I dont change a sims outfit very often, it would just save some time adding them back )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 9:20 PM
I recently moved the Phoenix family out of the House of Fallen Trees, into a new house, and on vacation, taking along their nephew Tri Ku, who lives with his mother, Bad News Bev. When I went to buy them new vacation clothes, I found some of Bad News Bev's outfits (Bev has a distinctive style) marked as already belonging to the household, even before I used ChristianLove's Gussy Up hack (which temporarily merges an inactive sim with the active household, so you can change the inactive sim's clothes, appearance, etc.) to dress Tri in suitable vacation clothes.

I don't know whether these clothes will be retained when I finally get this family back from vacation (a glitch is retarding them); but I have found, when using that gussy-up hack on townies, that the clothes worn by the townie will remain in the family's wardrobe, as will some clothes that I don't recognize that presumably were worn by others in that townie's household. So vacation guests and hacks that temporarily move in sims may provide you with a viable work around in some cases.

I don't think this is any less cumbersome than rebuying the clothes, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:03 PM
Peni Griffin: Yeah, because I dont even use townie's in these neighborhoods because they are only based on playable sims that reproduce with eachother (well, not literally, but with sims who are not related by blood nor "close" in-law ), so that mod wouldnt be that useful for me except when playing maxi uber hoods.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:41 PM Last edited by Simonut : 25th Nov 2014 at 12:14 AM.
@>>Florentzina >> I have had Sims when I move them to keep their clothes sometime, but to know more about this "please" read the link here below I left, scroll way down to sub-title.
Look for Clothes And Moving http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Clothes

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".