Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:18 AM
Default Mortimer Goth likes to shove my high-logic Sim when she stargazes...lol
Title says it all!
So, my teen Sim, whenever she stargazes, Mortimer bursts into poor sim's apartment, and shoves her n stuff. She does it again, Mortimer comes again. I don't know why. ;-;
It's so weird. I got her to get abducted though, so that's a bonus for her college stuff.
Why does Mortimer shove my sim? They haven't had any negative stuff latley so...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:31 AM
When Sims use the telescope during the day, the game doesn't consider it stargazing. The Sim is considered to be using it to peek on their neighbors. Mortimer comes over and shoves your Sim because he caught her in the act of spying on him. The reason it's always Mortimer is that the game designates the first Sim created in the neighborhood to be the telescope shover. If/When Mortimer dies, another Sim will do the shoving.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:47 AM
Get the mod that blocks the shoving from using the telescope during the day. google it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
When Sims use the telescope during the day, the game doesn't consider it stargazing. The Sim is considered to be using it to peek on their neighbors. Mortimer comes over and shoves your Sim because he caught her in the act of spying on him. The reason it's always Mortimer is that the game designates the first Sim created in the neighborhood to be the telescope shover. If/When Mortimer dies, another Sim will do the shoving.

Oh, okay. The thing that makes that odd, is that my sim is stargazing infront of a HILL. I don't think a telescope can see through hills.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 4:37 AM
The telescope can not only see through hills, but Mort can be on vacation at any destination and come walking in and start shoving.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 4:38 AM
That is the most powerful telescope you will ever see. It can see into completely different neighborhoods. I haven't tried it, but I presume that if you look through the telescope in Takemizu Village, it'll see Mortimer in Pleasantview.

And he'll come all the way from Pleasantview to shove you, too.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 6:02 AM
Here you go "•No Shoving from Looking Through Telescope" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:30 AM
I like the one right here on MTS called Better Look Through by Tom Duhamel - not only won't Mortimer (or in my hood Sanjay) come storming and shoving but your Sim can gain logic points during the day as well
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 8:17 AM
If you want her to get abducted, you should know that they can only get abducted when stargazing at night anyway. So there's no need for her to get shoved, just avoid having her use the telescope when it's day (If she begins at night and it turns morning while she's still stargazing, that's fine, it's when you click on it and it says "look through" that the shoving happens and abduction doesn't.)

Justpetro - ? - My sims have always gained logic points from the telescope during the day!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 8:18 AM
I actually like it, I don't want a mod to remove it, it's a really cute detail in my opinion.

And I wonder who will push/shove in Veronaville? Or Belladonna Cove?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
If you want her to get abducted, you should know that they can only get abducted when stargazing at night anyway. So there's no need for her to get shoved, just avoid having her use the telescope when it's day (If she begins at night and it turns morning while she's still stargazing, that's fine, it's when you click on it and it says "look through" that the shoving happens and abduction doesn't.)

Justpetro - ? - My sims have always gained logic points from the telescope during the day!

Perhaps - I can't remember that, honestly - but there had to be a reason for me to install the mod since I am not big on using mods
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:25 AM
I have the mod to stop shoving, and Andrew's telescope is in a fenced enclosure with a locked gate, just to make sure no one uses it autonomously during the day anyway, so I've never seen this shoving, but I understand the "shover" in Veronaville is Consort Capp. Which is interesting, because I thought the shover was the playable with the lowest Instance number. According to SimPE, Consort has the second lowest Instance number in Veronaville. In first place is Bottom Summerdream (a child - for the benefit of those of you who've never played Veronaville)! So maybe it's the first created Sim in the 'hood, who's big enough to actually shove effectively.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I actually like it, I don't want a mod to remove it, it's a really cute detail in my opinion.

And I wonder who will push/shove in Veronaville? Or Belladonna Cove?

Whoever has the lowest NID in those neighbourhoods. That's how the game choses. I think it was meant to be random but ended up EAxis random instead.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I have the mod to stop shoving, and Andrew's telescope is in a fenced enclosure with a locked gate, just to make sure no one uses it autonomously during the day anyway, so I've never seen this shoving, but I understand the "shover" in Veronaville is Consort Capp. Which is interesting, because I thought the shover was the playable with the lowest Instance number. According to SimPE, Consort has the second lowest Instance number in Veronaville. In first place is Bottom Summerdream (a child - for the benefit of those of you who've never played Veronaville)! So maybe it's the first created Sim in the 'hood, who's big enough to actually shove effectively.

The way to test it would be to age Bottom up and see if the telescope shover changes lol.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 11:34 AM
In a megahood it's Ashley Pitts who always shoves, I thought that was pretty unexpected - I was expecting one of the base game hoods or Belladonna cove (the main hood) resident to be the one shoving.

This is why, in custom neighbourhoods I make the meanest Sim first (or the one that has the most stuff going on that people would want to spy on), it's an easy way to get them to start off on a negative relationship with everyone and it makes it seem very in character.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#16 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 2:46 PM
Well, when I started new hood with CAS sim in uni, there was no one to come to shove.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#17 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Perhaps - I can't remember that, honestly - but there had to be a reason for me to install the mod since I am not big on using mods
The problem is that a sim stargazing will keep going until you cancel/they get a motive failure/they get abducted, whereas a sim Looking Through will stop when their fun fills up. So it's a pain in the arse to use the telescope to skill build during the day, as once your sim's fun is full up they'll stop using the telescope after a few seconds and wander off to do something else.

ETA: Though I've just looked at the mod, and in fact Tom's one disables logic gain during the day. So I think you're thinking of a different mod .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That is the most powerful telescope you will ever see. It can see into completely different neighborhoods. I haven't tried it, but I presume that if you look through the telescope in Takemizu Village, it'll see Mortimer in Pleasantview.

And he'll come all the way from Pleasantview to shove you, too.

I don't know about Takemizu Village, but I am pretty sure he would. I took a family on vacation to Twikkii Island because I was curious about that myself and because 1 family member had a want to go on vacation.

When my family first arrived, I got a pop up that read "Cool! It looks like a member of your household has brought home a new video game. Now all they need is a Computer or a Home Gaming System to play it on......" WHAT? Where did they buy it? At the Airport?

Anyway, I sent one to the telescope and this is what happened ...............
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:01 AM
I was so wondering why him? Now I know.
Since i wanted to start all my families with a YA in Uni...that guy (forgot the name I gave him!) was probably the first sim to move in, in my 'Hood, even though it was in Uni 'hood

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:56 AM
It was awhile ago so I may be remembering wrong, but I vaguely that when Romeo Monty and Bottom Summerdream were in college, she shoved him for looking through the telescope during the day, so I think Consort is the shover until Bottom is at least a Young Adult or Adult. I have TwoJeffs no shoving from look through mod in now so no one shoves.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I was so wondering why him? Now I know.
Since i wanted to start all my families with a YA in Uni...that guy (forgot the name I gave him!) was probably the first sim to move in, in my 'Hood, even though it was in Uni 'hood

That picture is hilarious! OT but where did you get the hair on the male sim getting spied on?
Dina does the shoving in my favorite hood, always getting into some type of drama....
Mad Poster
#22 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
The problem is that a sim stargazing will keep going until you cancel/they get a motive failure/they get abducted, whereas a sim Looking Through will stop when their fun fills up. So it's a pain in the arse to use the telescope to skill build during the day, as once your sim's fun is full up they'll stop using the telescope after a few seconds and wander off to do something else.

ETA: Though I've just looked at the mod, and in fact Tom's one disables logic gain during the day. So I think you're thinking of a different mod .

I have only about 15 mods Look at it again, the alternate version allows logic skill points gaining during the day (there are 3 versions).
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
That picture is hilarious! OT but where did you get the hair on the male sim getting spied on?
Dina does the shoving in my favorite hood, always getting into some type of drama....

Here you go.
http://modthesims.info/d/292222

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#24 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:17 PM
I have that hair too, I love it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 3:29 PM
My girlfriend and I have that hair, also. It's the one my girlfriend used for the sims she made of our friend Bubba. It's about as close as it can be to his hair.