Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 7:02 AM
Default Custom Content for Castaways Stories
I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can add cc to Castaways Stories and if so....where? I'm not sure what folder to put anything.
Thanks in advance in anyone can help me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 4:19 PM
I had to create a new Download Folder.

I have read that NO cheats work in the Story Mode. I Didn't try any to confirm.

From what I have read - the Sims2 (no expansion) downloads and NEW MESHES work. Also default clothes and hair recolors. - I have Not tried this to confirm (yet).

I also read that Some hacks do work - can Not confirm this (yet).

I am trying to find a "no-blur" patch/hack that will work - anyone had any luck with this?

Hopefully there will be more info as this game is played more and there is more info!

"kaching" DOESwork to add $1000 - I have tried this.
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 4:42 PM
I can add some to that

Indeed cheats don't work in story mode.

Clothes, meshes, default replacements all work.

Some hacks do work but I wouldn't advise using them, the coding is obviously different than the sims and eventually you'll find conflicts somewhere. I only have Crammyboy's hack installed and that works fine.

My censor blur remover works also, but I've had it so long I don't remember which one of the various floating around it is. I don't think it's Quaxi's.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 4:44 PM
I think the censorship hack that came with SimPE should work, mainly because SimPE is made to work with the stories packs.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 1:39 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I did get a No-Blur to work - but I tried 2 at the same time and not sure which one it was - Duh on my part!

I need to look at some of the downloads (objects not hacks) to "refresh" my game :howdy:
#6 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 1:56 PM
The only thing I tried that worked were both "kaching" and "motherlode".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:03 AM
Thanks for the help guys....I appreciate it!
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 12:57 AM
According to the game's readme.txt the only available cheats are kaching, motherlode and aging on/off.

Sim-related defaults and CC seems to work (as long as it's base game compatible or has its own mesh). HP's glasses didn't show up for me but I forgot to check if they have their own mesh or if they are recolours of Maxis ones. I tried putting in simslice's beer sixpack but it didn't show up in the barter catalogue. Things like seating, and surfaces might work as they seem to have the same sort of placement in the barter catalogue as they do in buy mode, but other things will probably not show up because of the big differences between the barter catalogue and buy mode.

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
#9 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 4:40 AM
I was able to get my CC (thank goodness)
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 5:38 AM
so will custom content from modthesims2.com work on castaway as i was hopping to download the sims from lost
Alchemist
#11 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 2:10 PM
I downloaded some skins and hair for Castaway, the same hair/skins I use in TS2, and it works.
Alchemist
#12 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 3:06 PM
Unfortunately you cannot import sims in it. You can only make them in game...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:55 AM
Of course you can import premade sims, Ghanima :D
In my game worked at least the ones which had custom skins (I didn't import anyone with Maxis skins.)
Pack them with BodyShop of your last extension an import them into CS either with the PackageTool under TSBIN or extract them via Sims2Pack Clean Install either to Downloads or in case they don't show try "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\TSData\Res\Overrides"
To make use of them, you need to create a new family, pick name/gender like usual and then klick the "funky star" next to skin color ..that should give you the custom skins .
If you now click #2 to pick the head-form, your pre-made sim should show...
and from there it's just business as usual.

-le
#14 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 5:06 PM
Some quick cheats:
Motherlode is 50000 resources
Kaching is 1000

and go to thesimstories.com to download the custom content. if it does not appear in the game, you need to go to options, go to the custom content option and click the liottle star thing and click enable custom content. then restart your game for it to take effect. it also allows you to choose different designs for specific items. hope this helps!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 5:09 AM
custom content does work

just downloaded some hairs from raon sims and MTS2
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:57 AM
but isthere any site where we can download thing for the sims cs
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:36 PM
Does this work for the sims 3 too? If so, what do I do?!?
Site Helper
#18 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ham0219
Does this work for the sims 3 too? If so, what do I do?!?
The Sims Castaway Stories is based on the Sims 2 engine.

The Sims 3 is a completely different game. Nothing can be shared between them easily. You'd basically have to create a brand new object based off the mesh.
Theorist
#19 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:30 PM
I have imported default skins and they work perfectly.

Also, you have to FINISH the Shipwrecked and Single mode in order to use cheats. Cheats work on Wanmami Island and COMPLETED Shipwrecked and Single.

I just love listening to Chocolate Island... takes you to a lonely beach under palm trees. Ah, the memories.

~DJ.
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 11:51 PM
hey if there are conversions! If those are possible then converting CS shouldnt be to hard we just need to figure out who's the master converter and ask them to do it easy simple yes!
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 12:58 PM
I've tried hairs (non-default hairs), default replacement skins/eyes, default replacement baby outfits, and some cheats (the insimenator, though it only works in freeplay and might be risky - the simblender might be less risky). Haven't tried furniture.
Theorist
#22 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 1:57 AM
If anyone is still playing Castaways, I have simblender, batbox & 1 of the small Merola paintings in game & working. Hair & clothes work, but I mainly downloaded some maxis recolors I found. Walls & floors also work, but not bedding it seems. I only put a few in to not have to look at their old dirty looking stuff.

Also while playing the storyline part, I found items not listed anywhere. Finding info on Castaways was very difficult, I would make a walkthrough if I thought it would help. Also trying to find furniture that fits the theme, their items are so grungy & I don't like any of it. I plan on playing the guy part of the storyline soon. The female part was fun.
Theorist
#23 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 11:08 AM
Duine, both female and male story is the same, with a bits of text changed (for example, when Spaulding sprays your Sim, males get "I french kissed the flu." while females get something else).

Another thing; last post on this topic was three months ago... just FYI.
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th May 2013 at 8:07 AM
You guys saying hacks are not a good idea. I have installed:
Sim blender
The insimenator 2.9 (OBJ edition)
The sim manipulator
Some hacks from carrigon (they are so made for castaway)

Have used them alot, but working fine, so you can be 99% safe. (Only very small bugs, they can not damage anything.)
The only bugs is with the insimenator it shows some options like hobbies, thats not available in castaway, its dosent know what expansion you have, thats clear cuz the mod is made for the sims 2.

Career adjustor working fine, if someone wondering

The only hack we need is set and give food.

But you can just download a simple trainer, who gives you massive food.

If someone desire to install some of this major hacks.
1. Install them like in the sims 2.
2. Enable CC in game options.
3. Restart game. (Not necessary, if they are enabled)
Notice i have only tested the obj edition of insimenator The other versions can make unexpected results
4. In castaway the buy mode is different, then just look for the hack objects. The insimenator items are under tables i think, not sure how to spell it, not so good to English
5. The blender is a tree i think.
6. The manipulator is a man statue i think.
7. Or blender is the statue and manipulator is the tree
8. Enjoy!
Theorist
#25 Old 26th May 2013 at 12:13 PM
Will people ever leave this thread alone? It's been necroed for two/three eight times already.
Page 1 of 2