Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 8:07 PM
Default Is it possible to make a weak/unhealthy sim?
I'm trying to make a sim that has a life-long illness, without the risk of them dying so easily. The illness starts in their childhood and goes into adulthood, so they may also miss a lot of school, so there is an added worry about the social worker visiting. Can anyone think of a way to make this easier or is it entirely impossible?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:09 PM
never have them work out (weakness) and make sure they eat rotten food when available (illness). make sure the personality is sloppy (will eat garbage) and lazy (won't exercise). they will spend a lot of time sitting around, sleeping and using the toliet. and probably having tantrums and crying because their needs are not being met. oh and they may die prematurely.

hopefully there is another way. my way sounds very unappealing to play.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:12 PM
ive thought about that before too. but i guess there aren't hospitals, so people cant get sick. even when it says my sims are sick, they never actually get sick (?)
Space Pony
#4 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:18 PM
@Octavia>
They do get sick. If your sim gets a cold, they'll stand around coughing. Often getting up from bed to cough.

I haven't had food poisoning before, but I'd guess that they would throw up quite a bit.

Please, call me Nym.
LJ | Tumblr | DW
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphy01
@Octavia>
They do get sick. If your sim gets a cold, they'll stand around coughing. Often getting up from bed to cough.

I haven't had food poisoning before, but I'd guess that they would throw up quite a bit.

hmm i haven't noticed... it tells me my sims have the flu or food poisoning from time to time... its probably due to the fact that those darn sims eat burnt food! Please get some common sense simmies!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:07 PM
they get food poisoning from eating food that has the stinky lines waving above it; ergo, spoiled food.

I think I might know a way to accomplish what I'm looking for without jeapardizing the child's life.

If anyone is curious as to why someone would WANT a sick sim/sim with a weak constitution; I have two reasons. One being that I have always had a weak constitution myself and it has always puzzled me that other people don't get sick or weak as often as me. So that's one thing. THe other thing is I'm trying to replicate a character from the anime Clannad, who had a simular condition. Anyways, I'm not like... a mean person or anything.... I just like things a little more accurate ^^;.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:14 PM
Flu can be extremely debilitating. Sims tire easily, their bladder and hunger bars crash, and they'll sometimes stop and have deep wracking coughs for hours and hours, or vomit. The treatment is rest, or Grandma's Soup, or the medical aspiration reward. Food poisoning causes vomiting and usually clears up after the sim clears his stomach once or twice.

Flu is caused, initially, by stomping on roaches and then spreads with sim-to-sim contact. So a single invalid sim could be created by going out of your way to get roaches and then stomp on them, but unless he lived alone and seldom interacted face-to-face (visiting, being visited, I'm not positive it can't be spread even by showing up on community lots) you'd soon have an epidemic on your hands and trust me, you don't want that!

You could, however, create a sim who was defined as an invalid and enforce it by rules and character design. Start him fat and with a low active score, don't let him engage in strenuous activity of any sort (including cleaning) for very long at a time, give him a messy hairstyle and sloppy clothes (because it's very hard to divert energy onto grooming when even sitting up reading tires you out), have his family members coddle him (keeping him home from school every other day or so, maybe doing his homework for him to keep the social worker at bay), that sort of thing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:16 PM
Simonaff's poison? (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=188471) Someone in the comments mentioned a non-lethal version they did in SimPE, but they apparently didn't upload it
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphy01
@Octavia>

I've had sims with both food posioning (when I first started playing, I stupidly didn't realize that sims could get food posioning if they ate spoiled food!) and the flu, and they basically spend A LOT of time in the bathroom until the illness clears. And if you've got a whole sim family with the flu or food poisioning...look out! They'll be playing bathroom relay for a long time!
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 7:06 AM
I am generally too nice to my sims, so I cant give any info on the illness part. (But you could always imagine them ill if nothing else?)

Social worker is a bit easier, I know there are "no social worker" hacks out there, but you could also try Flexischool.
Thats part of the school changer from Simlogical. You can set just one child in the family in flexischool and the schoolbus will not come (for that child). Also it will not cause the social worker come because he/she is failing, since the school meter will be frozen as long as the child is in flexischool and dont go to school. But of course the social worker will still come if the child is left alone, so you would have to have an adult or teen sim at home or some hack for that perhaps.
Good luck
Forum Resident
#11 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:50 PM
You could also try downloading a sickly skintone. Maybe one with dark circles under the eyes?

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Site Helper
#12 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:18 PM
One warning about flu: You -will- infect everyone you come in contact with. Then they will infect everybody. Then you will get re-infected after you are cured, because you ran into someone who is sick. Maids, mail carriers, and other NPCs are immune, but otherwise one sick sim means that your entire neighborhood will be sick soon afterward.

But you can give a sim a recurring case of the flu (called a mysterious illness) by using the Science reward and making a virus, then just leaving it alone until the virus escapes. It may need to be near the sim's bedroom for that to work, but I accidentally did it once.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:07 PM
All good suggestions. I like the one about just having a mindset that the child is ill, and not actually forcing them to be ill. I was always kind of stubborn when I was sick and would try to do stuff anyways, so it only makes sense I would do that still. (I've actually been kinda bedridden for about a week now..... it sucks, but the sims keep me entertained. Feeling a bit better today.)

Anyways, I read in my Seasons Prima guide about how devastating the cold can actually be, and that a sim can get SO cold that they actually faint and have to be revived or rescued. This should also result in having an actual cold, which, if untreated, can turn into pnemonia. I d/l-ed a hack that makes extremely harsh seasons, so that might just do the trick.

Thank you for the suggestion of the flexischool. I'm definately going to look that up! As well as a sickly pale skin-tone. : )

Thanks again all, and I hope someone else actually finds this thread usefull ^^;;;; (I'm really not a mean person. Honest!)