Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#301 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:24 PM
Great makeover Bigsims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#302 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 3:30 AM
How did you fix those cheekbones?
Scholar
#303 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 3:53 AM
I think I killed the Ottomas in a fire for the "LOLs"
Mad Poster
#304 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 4:48 AM
The cheekbones don't need fixing. You just need to find the glasses and blush that look right with them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#305 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 5:14 PM Last edited by Mysteriouswolf : 20th Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM.
in the family bin it looks like the granny has hitler's mustach
i bet if you got one of the ottomas newborns and made a sim with a huge nose and cheeks, really small eyes and lots of facepaint and a really bad haircut your game would crash
better put them in a fire be right back >:3
why is someone disagreeing my posts?
Test Subject
#306 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 2:18 PM
ok why is someone disagreeing my posts?
Mad Poster
#307 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 2:45 PM
Because I love the Ottomai, because the second sentence makes no sense, because sims with extreme features don't crash the game, because I didn't find it funny, because killing sims for not adhering to an arbitrary aesthetic standard has always bothered me, and because disagreeing with someone is not a big deal. Everyone gets disagrees. It'd be a boring world if everyone agreed with one another. Don't take it personally, and please don't double post.

Dora as shipped does kind of look like she has a mustache in the loading screen, but interestingly some makeovers (or perhaps some changes in her pose on the loading screen) make that go away. My married Dora doesn't appear to have one. It's not as weird as the teeth that show through the chins of some of my Hawkins family in their loading screens.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#308 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 6:14 PM
I recently started a new Strangetown and brought the Ottomas family into the fold, where they fit in quite nicely! They moved in next to the Grunts, 57 Road to Nowhere, where Dora shares a room with Tommy, David and Sharla share a room, and they're making preparations for the upcoming twins. David quickly fell for Siegel, Pascal's alien daughter, and Sharla has formed a lasting friendship with Buck Grunt, the boy next door. So far, these guys are leading a rather normal life. Considering the last time I played the Ottomas family, when they were living in a war-ravaged world, I figured I'd give them a break.

In my opinion, the exotic genetics of the Ottomi family fits right into the genealogical pool that exists in Strangetown already - from the alien skintones and facial features, to the very broken face of poor Loki, and the unique faces of everyone else (except for the very plain General, of course, because he is better than ALL! lol) I think they'll leave plenty of room for interesting growth.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#309 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 8:14 PM
I love the Ottomai; they are interesting, which is never, ever ugly in my eyes. Also, the twins, Kevin and Kate, were just born in my new hood. First time I don't get two boys. Variety is the spice of life
Instructor
#310 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 11:00 PM
This iteration of the Ottomai (props Peni) are living in Downtown Veronaville I believe.

No reason to trash talk Sims, just use the plastic surgery station on them and then use SimPE to make it genetic. Problem solved.
Mad Poster
#311 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:29 AM
Now if you could see them through my eyes
Mad Poster
#312 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
Two words: Theo's Deleter.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
This is hear say, not actual first hand knowledge, but many people say the pregnancy is borked, and some people even had a dog as the father, instead of the husband.

I tried playing them a few times, and totally agree with FranH, they are boring, and characterless.

In one of my saves, the twins had one of my other family's kitten as father
Mad Poster
#314 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicslippers
In one of my saves, the twins had one of my other family's kitten as father

I remember having one of the kittens that appears in the game (Cymmi? or something) be the father to the first Ottomas twins I ever had in my game. I was so confused - at first I thought the storyline was that Samantha cheated and it would randomize the father (and it just happened to mess up and pick a cat). My games patched now though so I don't have to worry about possible corruption and cat-fathers

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#315 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:42 PM
i might be alone here but i actually reset my hood and realized how much i love samanthas eyes. such a unique shape and all her kids have it. and y'all know every person in the universe isnt drop dead gorgeous right?
Lab Assistant
#316 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:17 PM
I really don't know if my game is patched or not... And to be honest I don't wanna risk try out the Ottomas family and see what happens, I don't want to get my game damaged. Or is there a way to know if my game is patched?!
Scholar
#317 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emodarkwolf
I really don't know if my game is patched or not... And to be honest I don't wanna risk try out the Ottomas family and see what happens, I don't want to get my game damaged. Or is there a way to know if my game is patched?!

Open a new hood and do the Ottomas family in there, and if it all does go wrong, you can throw away the hood.

And:
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...ching_Your_Game

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#318 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:29 PM
Just try to patch it. If it's already patched, you'll get a pop-up window saying "Can't apply this patch 'cause it's already here." (Or, you know, words to that effect.)

Do this immediately. You don't want to play an unpatched game - all kinds of things can go wrong.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#319 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:34 PM
Can't they affect the hood even from the sim bin? It's also the Critter family, the two dogs, they are borked the same way I believe. Do patch immediately.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#320 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 2:20 PM
I think the babies have to be born for it to become a problem.

For that matter, you should be able to just reset the pregnancy controller in SimPE to the correct father. The glitch in question applies to any sim who is pregnant in a subhood (including the stealth hoods that hold the Critturs and Ottomai), and involves not updating the father's ID number. One of the things the Seasons patch does is add a check.

Unfortunately, this allows for the possibility of overcorrecting - there is a tiny chance, if the father's correct ID is very low, of it being reassigned wrong! This is most likely to happen with alien pregnancies, and has so far only been demonstrated with the alien pregnancies in Tarlia's subhood version of Strangetown and the Hood Building Group's subhood version of Meadow Creek. So far no problems with setting the correct number with editing tools have arisen. This overcorrection is unlikely to be a factor with the Ottomai or Critturs. Resetting the number with the editing tool should work for both pregnancies in neighborhoods that loaded them before the patch was applied.

Mad Poster
#321 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 3:29 PM
@emodarkwolf
@Peni Griffin (As long as you know how to use SimPE it should work.)
@joandsarah77

If the hood has already been played before the game was patched then its to late to patch to save the hood.

Yes try and patch all of your stand alone disk/download version of the game. Tri packs and double packs are already patched and don't need it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#322 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I actually really like Dora's face. Given the right hair and make-up, she looks very presentable. I only have a picture where I've used default replacement skin and eyes, but even without them Dora looks very graceful. I think I got the idea from Peni to try her with shorter hair and glasses, and it really really works.

What hair is this? It looks lovely

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Field Researcher
#323 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 5:17 PM
Dora is what nightmares are made of.
Mad Poster
#324 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 8:14 PM
What do you mean about Dora being ugly? Here she is with Carrie, one of the twins.
Theorist
#325 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 3:09 PM
It's odd how people judge the looks of pixel images. Those 'perfect model' looking sims you see others play, also have 'ugly' children. Their faces have been distorted so much in creation, not to mention all the make up used to make them look the way they do. Sims are very accepting, forgiving and loving, unlike the real world where people judge others by their looks, lifestyles, status, clothing, disabilities or anything else they don't like or bother to understand. The worst people are those who don't take time to see who or what they themselves are. Judge yourselves first, once you become perfect, then judge others. The thing is, there is no such thing as 'perfect'.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Page 13 of 15