Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:59 PM
Default Sims cannot prioritize...
Like it used to be (or so I remember): I would click on one task then another and then it would put them in order and the Sim would do them in order until they had nothing left to do. Now I can que the tasks... what do I do?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:39 PM
I don't understand what you're asking. Certain actions take precedence over other actions (or will cancel them out - having to throw up or pee really badly is an example). But generally if you tell your Sim to do this and then this and then this, they will do it in that order unless they have routing failures and the action is canceled.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:39 PM
Quote:
Now I can que the tasks... what do I do?

Wait, do you mean now I can'T queue the tasks? Are they just dropping the queues at random? Or do you mean you want the sim to figure out what task to do first?

Are you running any special mods to extend the queue, as you are normally limited to only 8 tasks? Is your game up to date?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 10:50 PM
Sorry I meant to say I cannot queue tasks. Like if he is asleep and I want him to take a shower after he wakes up - if I click the show then regardless of the sleep meeter he will cancel it and go take a shower - but it used to drop into the queue like normal.

Mods? nope. All I have is the no intro mod. and that's its. The game is up-to-date. I guess some of the tasks are just getting cancelled due to priority.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:00 PM
Did you send the sim to bed, or did they pass out on their own? Usually, if they are involved in an activity (not typically sleep, though) that they initiated, and you click on something to do, your task will take priority and they will drop the current action to perform it. As I usually send my sims to sleep (hate the whole bleary eyed stuff they pull) I can queue up them getting dressed, showered, breakfast, etc. without a problem. If I do have a sim say, lie down to "take a nap" because I forgot about them, and I click on the bed to sleep, they will awaken from the nap and then go to sleep. Is that the type of problem you're seeing?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:03 PM
I'm on patch 1.38, and I queue up my sleeping sims with strings of things to do, without a problem.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:04 PM
I think so... like my sims has the "Book Worm" trait (I have his AI set to the max) and he generally reads if I leave him idle (and his other stuff is green). However sometimes I will try to queue "make dinner" and then he will put away the book. However I want him to finish reading then make/eat dinner.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:11 PM
Except for interrupting tasks (like vomiting, urgent peeing, or celebrity nuisances), Sims in an unmodded game will always drop a self-selected task to perform a player-selected task. So if you want your Sim to read, then make supper, you need to select reading on your Sim's behalf.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:11 PM
Yeah, in that case, you need to instruct him to read, and then tell him to cook dinner. Your personal commands overrun the AI's free will, so if they choose anything on free will and then you tell them to do something else, the game automatically assumes you want that done now, so it will interrupt immediately.

The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
I'm on patch 1.38, and I queue up my sleeping sims with strings of things to do, without a problem.

I'm on 1.39 why haven't you upgraded yet?

On topic: Oh ok - I see now. Thanks for the help.
___
I don't want to make a brand new thread so fast so I will just ask here... I made a family of two (one male sim and one male cat). After a while the game notified me that the cat was getting lonely so I decided to adopt a kitten. The problem is they won't get along - I did not know what was wrong until I realized the kitten had the proud trait which was making him unsociable. Can I use a program to modify a pets traits? I know it can be done with Sims (humans) but I am not sure with pets.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:28 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, "testingcheatsenabled true" and then shift-clicking should give you the option to modify traits. Otherwise I think the MasterController mod should give you the option to change pet traits.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 30SecondsToMars
I'm on 1.39 why haven't you upgraded yet?

Patch 1.39 doesn't add anything I need, and I read it breaks prior saves. I'd ask why EA doesn't make a sincere effort to release things that aren't broken, they have a very long history of being negligent in this area. I don't want to change my mods again until Seasons is released.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misslaheela
Unless I'm mistaken, "testingcheatsenabled true" and then shift-clicking should give you the option to modify traits. Otherwise I think the MasterController mod should give you the option to change pet traits.

Ok that worked thanks - much better now that they are not fighting

Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
Patch 1.39 doesn't add anything I need, and I read it breaks prior saves. I'd ask why EA doesn't make a sincere effort to release things that aren't broken, they have a very long history of being negligent in this area. I don't want to change my mods again until Seasons is released.

I am suprised they would release and update that would break saves... I recently began a new game so I would not know - I will back up my saves next time I update.

One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 3:56 AM
Always back up saves (and everything else, in truth) before any patch. Even EA advises that. However, I patched from 1.38 to 1.39, making sure my mods were updated (really only Twallan's ErrorTrap mattered as its technically a core mod) and had no problem resuming a saved game. Whether the patch was "worth it", I have no opinion. But it didn't "break" my game or my saves. If you don't use something like ErrorTrap, which is version dependent, then it probably doesn't matter if you wait or patch now.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 4:02 AM
I am suprised they would release and update that would break saves... I recently began a new game so I would not know - I will back up my saves next time I update.

I always back up anyway, but it did not break saves. Just the fix in the patch wasn't applied unless you moved the family to a new save - in which you only lose progress of the town and your relationships there. I hadn't installed Supernatural until this patch was out so I did not have that problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 5:05 AM
Either way though you would think EA (or the developers) would make sure that any and all saves work after each update. At least I hope the developers still care to make a quality product.

I wonder do you think that when the devs. make expansion packs and model the new items and etc. that they really care about whether the player likes it or not? or are they more focused on the cash they will get from the sales of the pack?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 6:19 AM
Quote:
Either way though you would think EA (or the developers) would make sure that any and all saves work after each update. At least I hope the developers still care to make a quality product.

You're kidding right? EA hasn't made a quality product for years. Games full of glitches and bad technical support are all part of their normal service. They weren’t voted worst company of the year for nothing. To answer the next part; they care about how much you will pay, not the quality of your gaming experience.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 6:33 AM
I had a problem with queue dropping a while back and it was because I had a version of Twallan's "Go Here" that was outdated. It was updated enough for the patch, but it was conflicting with one of his other mods that he updated and warned that you should update Go Here as well. Basically, the mod was telling the sims to all "Go Here" immediately and stop whatever they were doing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You're kidding right? EA hasn't made a quality product for years. Games full of glitches and bad technical support are all part of their normal service. They weren’t voted worst company of the year for nothing. To answer the next part; they care about how much you will pay, not the quality of your gaming experience.

You realize EA isn't the developer right? the Sims 3 does have glitches but nothing that is game breaking I've noticed yet. If the developers (not EA) did not care they would not be releasing patches (free assuming you own whatever the patch is for) they could've just left it in the dust (*cough* Mirror's Edge (dev.: EA Digital Illusions CE) *cough*).

Just a little tip...

EA is the Publisher
The Sims Studio is the developer(s)
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 7:34 AM
Just a little tip...

EA is the Publisher
The Sims Studio is the developer(s)

Which is a sub division of EA and as such controlled by EA.

I agree with the others about that EA doesn't really care about it's costumers, they have shown it several times, by "shutting down " games.

On a side note:
I will never forgive EA for what they did with WestWood.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 8:17 AM
I had this queue problem yesterday while playing the game. My sim was on vacation in France. The queue worked fine everywhere except at the Nectar building. When I clicked on the plants to let her harvest them she would stop after harvesting one and not do the rest. I had to click each plant seperately after she finished harvesting one plant.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#22 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Marleen267
I had this queue problem yesterday while playing the game. My sim was on vacation in France. The queue worked fine everywhere except at the Nectar building. When I clicked on the plants to let her harvest them she would stop after harvesting one and not do the rest. I had to click each plant seperately after she finished harvesting one plant.
That is a different issue, aka the gardening bug. Something to do with a broken collection skill journal and a failure to transition this properly while travelling. Overwatch should fix this.
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
That is a different issue, aka the gardening bug. Something to do with a broken collection skill journal and a failure to transition this properly while travelling. Overwatch should fix this.
Thank you for explaining and the tip!