Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 12:57 AM
Default Blue Lots, Delphy's NOT WORKING and NO CC INSTALLED
Okay, I (sort of) created a World. I've never done that before, and I'm quite proud of myself. I worked on it for DAYS! I got it finished and exported. I downloaded my export. I loaded my (usually) faithful SIMS 3 game. (I have all expansions, besides the stuff-packs. I never much cared for those.) So that's EVERYTHING that came out before Sims 4. World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise and Into The Future. My world was done, everything the way I wanted it. When the time finally came to play my glorious world, I got the Blue Lots problem. I uninstalled all my CC. (Nothing extreme, just new careers. No Stuff, mastercontroller or debug mode). It didn't work. Then, I heard about Delphy's dashboard. I TRIED to download it, but I SWEAR it's a virus. The .exe just kept trying to install new homepages and other trojan annoyances. I skipped everything not pertaining to the dashboard itself, but it FORCED me to download VLC (I did NOT want to accept. I couldn't X out of the installer. I have KMPlayer, why would I want VLC?) Then, I was finally able to extract the .exe using 7-zip, and this is what was in the folder...
Folder/: .rsrc
Free_Download_Setup.exe (The one that wants me to download a bunch of crap)
Free_Download_Setup
DATA
CODE
CERTIFICATE
BSS
[0]
.tls
.reloc
.rdata
.idata

In the .rsrc folder, I have:
Folder: VERSIONS (contents) 1
RCDATA: (contents) 11111
MANIFEST: (contents) 1
ICON: (contents) 4.ico
3.ico
2.ico
1.ico
GROUP_ICON: (contents) MANICON
string.txt
AND NOTHING ELSE! There is nothing to up, down or sideways load, here.

Am I doing this wrong? Is the empty world I downloaded as a canvas broken? It worked just fine, until I edited it. Well, it worked just fine until I PERFECTED it. I'm new to mods, but I have a working knowledge of technology in itself. My game is fully updated (1.67). I can't figure this out and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:17 AM
Only download Delphy's programs from MTS, at his profile: www.modthesims.info/member/Delphy

What you have there is some junk "download assistant" software from a randomass site like download.com - not Delphy's Dashboard. You don't ever need to risk downloading D's stuff from sites like that, because it's all available right here.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
That's the exact link I used for the download
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:24 AM
Did you click on the advert on the Dashboard page, rather than the "Sims3Dashboard.rar | Description: v1.2.3914.26559" link on the Files tab?

If not, and you did click the correct link in the Files tab, it sounds like you have a nasty browser hijacker (similar to a virus) running.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:25 AM
Oh, my science! I think I got it working! You were a real help, Nysha! I found a previously hidden button! I knew I wasn't losing my mind, and I know better than to download random crap, luckily.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:25 AM
I'm glad you figured it out! And I hope it helps with the blue lots, too, 'cause I have no suggestions on that front unfortunately .

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 1:25 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 2:21 AM
Oddly enough, when I go to edit town, my lots are still blue. However, if I add a NEW lot, it looks completely normal. Oh, well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:20 AM
Pffft... I'm such a noober! I never rerouted my terrain. I didn't realize you HAD too. What a tool I am!