Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2016 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Arsil : 27th May 2016 at 1:27 PM.
Default [MOD] Take a stroll
Hello ^^
Long time no see. As usual I ask you to have pity for my English (rusty like my modding skills).

With this mod (built with the game patched to version 1.67), if you click on the active Sim you
can choose one of the "take a stroll" interactions. These work like the stroll you can do with the
stroller object (or the walk with the dog) but with only 1 Sim.
EDIT: I'm not sure, but I guess all these interactions (stroller and dog too) require a world with
sidewalks or at least some lots to use as destinations. Please test that too.

ATM there's no autonomy (Sims won't stroll autonomously) and no plans to add it.

After strolling for a while (xml tunable), you get a custom moodlet (not cumulative with the
one you get strolling a baby, so until that expires you won't get it). The icon used is pretty
ugly, so if someone wants to contribute feel free.

If you have at least 1 point in the Athletics skill you can also jog. Keep in mind that, at least
for now, this doesn't work like the regular jogging (there's no hygiene decay and no improvement
of the skill).

If Seasons EP is installed you can also roller skating (you need at least 1 level on the hidden skill).
This part is still experimental, I'd like to know if it handles well the snow:
- if there's snow on the ground the interaction shouldn't show up
- if the snow covers the ground while strolling then the interaction should stop (route failing balloon?)
- I still haven't decided how to handle the raining (should you get the moodlet if it's raining, whether
you are skating or not?).

Maybe I should enable the "walk of shame" and "stride of pride" with an xml tuning or maybe unlock
them only on certain conditions (based on the mood?).

Let me know if it's working correctly and if you have suggestions on how to handle the raining.
Don't make weird requests or ask to improve it (like "Can you add the hoverboard from ITF?").
And please check my grammar on the various strings showed in game.

EDIT: also check if pets, robots or other weird people can use the interaction correctly.
For some lifeforms should be disabled (a werewolf?).
And if children have the animations (walk of shame for example).

Bye,
A.

EDIT: Attachment removed, mod uploaded.
Advertisement
Icy Spicy
#2 Old 22nd May 2016 at 10:36 PM
Yay! ..you are back! :lovestruc

Edit: I will check it out :D
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2016 at 4:58 AM
I knew this one couldn't stay away forever. After all, as a community, we are just so...lovable.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:32 AM
Glad to see you two are still kicking.

I'm not very familiar with the Seasons EP. I know there's an object to change the weather,
but I don't remember which one (the alien car?).
Does NRaas DE or MC have something to immediately trigger a "snowed terrain"?

Anyway, for those who are willing to test the mod, please try to break it.
Use the interaction in weird circumstances, for example while a Sim is:
- pregnant
- carrying a baby/pet/drink/bird/dragon/backpack
- not on the ground floor
- swimming
- already strolling with a stroller or a dog
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arsil
I'm not very familiar with the Seasons EP. I know there's an object to change the weather,
but I don't remember which one (the alien car?).
Does NRaas DE or MC have something to immediately trigger a "snowed terrain"?

Not that I'm aware of. DE does provide a Debug Weather Machine in form of a fire hydrant when clicking on terrain.

But wouldn't it be easier to use TCE (testingcheatsenabled true) and shift-click on the ground, then Seasons, to call up some snow? Seems like it wouldn't take very long for the terrain to have a coating.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:02 AM
I'm still with Sims 3! I've been reblogging you all over Tumblr LOL. But I don't want to tempt fate that you're back for good, so I'm just happy to see you NOW )
I'm going to try this mod out, it looks great
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2016 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
[CUT] shift-click on the ground, then Seasons, to call up some snow?

I wasn't kidding when I said I'm not familiar with Seasons. That was really helpful, thanks.

I've verified that roller skating isn't available when snow covers the ground and that
the interaction stops if the ground is covered while skating (no balloon, but that would
be easy enough to add).

I noticed that Late Night is required for the walk of shame and stride of pride animations,
so now they can be chosen only if that EP is installed. I've re-uploaded the file in the
first post, but this is the only update I've made.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd May 2016 at 4:52 PM Last edited by barbarat : 23rd May 2016 at 6:09 PM. Reason: Additional Feedback
:lovestruc So happy to see you again Arsil... You've been missed by all :lovestruc and Thank you so much for this awesome mod.

So far have just tested with the available options and will test some other things but first off here is what I have noticed:
Once I have my selected sim walking the other sim (a child) in the house can not be selected via portrait panel. If I click on another sim and use the "view my sim" button the camera just goes to the sim who is walking.

NRaas Selector threw a couple of script errors ... I'm not very good at reading them so not sure if you want me to place it here or if @igazor wants to take a look

Edit: Adding a few more observations/issues:
Perhaps I am doing this incorrectly but I am unable to get an option for one
sim to join another for a walk. Single sims work perfectly for all options.

Single sim carrying child. Could not take a walk while holding the child.
The little stuck sim bubble comes up and the action drops from the queue.
Tried with child in stroller. The sim took the child from the stroller and same issue as above.

No issue with being able to select and focus on sims as reported with child and adult above.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:11 PM
Looks like an awesome mod- is it possible in anyway to go for a stroll with other sims as well?
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:35 PM
I really like this mod and enjoy making my sims have a nice stroll around town

* I thought I'd try and make a sim hold a baby and take a stroll, but they just put the baby down lol
* Buffs show up okay (2hr)
* Walk: works great
* Rollerskating: love it, it works
* Stride of Pride: the sim walked normally, but then it was an elderly sim I tested this on lol. I'll try it on a YA
* Walk of Shame: same as Stride of Pride, doesn't work on elderly sims
* Stride of Pride and Walk of Shame don't work on YA sims either.

I hope someone will report they do work in their game so I'll know if something in my game is messing up.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:23 PM Last edited by Arsil : 23rd May 2016 at 7:17 PM.
barbarat : can you please explain that again, I did not understand it well.

jje1000: I tried some time ago to do a "Romantic stroll" mod, with 2 sims walking side by side, but I couldn't do it.

desire101: thanks for the feedback! (maybe you don't have LN installed?)
shame/pride: no animations for children (so they stretch), I will exclude them. They work fine with all other age categories
jog: children run instead of jogging (works fine for me, to be picky I could change the name of the interaction but meh).
EDIT: well, children aren't supposed to gain the Athletics skill anyway, so they normally won't have jogging available.

Mod updated (first post) to exclude children from shame/pride
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:06 PM
Arsil ... I am sorry I did not clarify very well. Not sure which part you would like me to explain. Perhaps the first couple of paragraphs? When I had one sim on a Stroll..walk I clicked on another sim in the Portrait Panel. Then when I clicked on the "View My Sim" icon in the controls the camera would always go to the sim who was taking a stroll. That only happened in one household and I'm thinking it was because one sim was an adult and the other a child but where no one else has experienced this and it only happened with one family it more than likely does not merit further action.

Had the same good results as everyone else has mentioned except the walk while carrying a child or using the stroller which was already mentioned.
AND ..
Could someone help me out with this: What am I doing wrong that I can not get two sims to take a stroll together? I click on a sim and select Go For A Stroll then Walk and that works fine. I just can not get another sim to join.
Scholar
#13 Old 24th May 2016 at 1:27 AM
desire101: thanks for the feedback! (maybe you don't have LN installed?)
shame/pride: no animations for children (so they stretch), I will exclude them. They work fine with all other age categories
jog: children run instead of jogging (works fine for me, to be picky I could change the name of the interaction but meh).
EDIT: well, children aren't supposed to gain the Athletics skill anyway, so they normally won't have jogging available.

Mod updated (first post) to exclude children from shame/pride

I do have Late Night installed, so I guess it's something else. Would a 'Walk, Don't Run' mod cause any problems? Actually I just remembered I also have a mod that disables the 'Walk of Shame' walk! I will do some more testing tomorrow with the updated mod and take out any mods that might affect walking - I will let you know how it goes
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:49 AM Last edited by Arsil : 24th May 2016 at 4:57 PM.
barbarat: your issues seems unrelated to the mod or at least I couldn't reproduce it (I don't use NRaas Portrait Panel).
This mod doesn't allow Sims to take a walk together, they can only do it independently.

desiree101: if the mod that disables the walk of shame does so overriding the animations with empty ones
that would explain your issue (you can verify it by opening it with S3PE and see if there are CLIP resources).
Or maybe not, I don't know the game well anymore.

Mod Updated (see first post) with the following changes
* I've changed the moodlet's moodaxis to stressed (meaning Sims will be more relaxed) instead of happy
(not that it makes a lot of difference, but this way seemed more fitting) and now it gives +10 instead of +5
(of course you can tune the value to your liking editing the "*Moodlets" xml).
* I've added new options in the "CONFIGURATION" xml to choose if always enable the walk of shame and stride of pride
or show them based on the mood (the thresholds are xml tunable).
* Sims using the walk of shame won't get the moodlet (they are too depressed to enjoy the stroll), but they will switch to
regular walking if their mood is no longer negative (only if alwaysEnabled is set to false) and so can get the moodlet
if there's still enough time to earn it (the counter is resetted when the strolling mode changes).
Sims using the stride of pride will switch to normal walking if their mood is no longer positive (only if alwaysEnabled is set to false).
EDIT: nope, they don't give a crap and keep striding like a boss or look depressed despite the mood change... I'll try to fix it later.

EDIT2: I can change the walkstyle but not the name of the interaction, so I'll discard this idea.

I just noticed that there is a thing called moodFlavor which would have helped me with the SIMpathy mod,
but on the other hand moodlets' moodaxes aren't very well balanced so maybe the method I've used
on that mod offers more flexibility after all.

Sims will use stairs wearing skates: that looks dangerous! Even if there was a way to prevent that, it doesn't seems worth fixing.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:54 PM
Really liking the sound of this mod. Testing ASAP, will report back.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2016 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Arsil : 28th May 2016 at 6:57 AM.
I'm about to upload officially the mod. I made a few updates.
I could use a roller skating screenshot (or better screenshots than those I've used), if someone doesn't mind sharing.

I'm uploading the source code too in case there are bugs or someone wants to improve or modify it
(it is very crappy, messy and un-elegant code, especially because at first I simply wanted Sims to
"take a walk" and then I've brutally added all the other features).
EDIT: re-uploaded with a bug fix.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TakeAStroll_sourcecode.zip (7.2 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#17 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:53 PM
desiree101: if the mod that disables the walk of shame does so overriding the animations with empty ones
that would explain your issue (you can verify it by opening it with S3PE and see if there are CLIP resources).
Or maybe not, I don't know the game well anymore.

Yep, I was using Shimrod's Locomotion mod:
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php.../?hl=locomotion
I completely forgot it disabled so many walks including the 'Shame/Pride' walks, so I've tested the mod without it and now the walks show up
I'm using your uploaded mod now. Thanks Arsil
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Item is uploaded, submit all further feedback to download thread.