Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 2:37 PM
Default Residential vs. Community - which should it be?
A long time ago I was writing a Sims 2 story which had a courthouse scene. I created a courthouse and was graciously granted by a creator a few needed items. Without going into a long drawn out story, here's the short 'n sweet. I recently found the items and my courthouse when I went through some old saved stuff. I wanted to share these items and the best way to do that is to share my courthouse too.

Ran into a snag as the items are base game compatible and my courthouse is not. I think I made it in Seasons. So I redid it, sorta, using AGS BG. All fine and dandy. While it's not the exact same, it is very similar and now works in BG.

Now, the real issue. I had originally made the courthouse to take pictures for a story so I never bothered if it was Res or Comm, but with sharing it, which would be the best? Technically, I think it should be a Comm, but I wanted some opinions.

I can share pics if that is desired.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 3:38 PM
Most real-world community buildings work best in-game as community buildings too. There are a few exceptions, like jails or maybe firehouses, but for a courthouse, I'd definitely say go for a community lot. You want "the general public" to be able tosit in on "trials," and on-site "staff" for cleaning, and whatnot.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:33 AM
I agree it would work best as a community lot if you want the general public. Residential can work better if it's more about setting up a scene for a photoshoot as there are more pose boxes available. You could use the simlogical meeting controller to make your sims selectable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 4:17 PM
Thanks @Joandsarah77 and @Zarathustra for your replies, 65 views, but only two people had any thoughts, well there are the couple who agreed with Zarathustra ...lol

I think I will see 'bout uploadin it as a community lot, but for my own use I will keep it as a residential. As you said Jo for scenes and photo shoots it works better and that is mainly what I built it for.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I built a courthouse before. It was on a community lot.

I don't see it uploaded. Did you just do it for yourself, for a story 'n pics? Did you find, make, or have any courtroom objects? What did you use as a judges robe?
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:53 PM
Aww bummer was hopin that maybe you had some stuff that I didn't.