Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 6:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default open underneath modular stairs wont show up
I tried to download some open underneath stairs, I put the txt files in the scriptorium folder but it didnt show up. Then, I copy/pasted what was in the txt files into the Scripts folder and they still havent showed up. Am i doing something wrong?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 6:47 AM
Paste a link to the stairs so we know which ones you mean.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 7:29 AM
Have you by any chance "patched" the game since installing the stairs. I ran an update from Origin, and it re-set every file I had changed back to vanilla. Other than that, I recommend manually adding the stairs to the Base folder's modularstairs.txt file rather than "Fun With Pets". (Base can be found in the Double Deluxe folder. It is the original Sims 2 game.)

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:00 PM
I just realised I have the same problem (since I normally don't build houses with stairs) My txt files are neatly where they should be in the Base game's modularstairs txt file. Any advice? I have a number of them.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:17 PM
The text files are in the basegame folder? Or you've edited the basegame text file to add the stuff from the CC text files?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
The text files are in the basegame folder? Or you've edited the basegame text file to add the stuff from the CC text files?

TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorum_ModularStairs - inside the Double Deluxe in the Base game. First I thought I might be missing a mesh, but it's not the case.