Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:51 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Mods downloaded properly, but won't show up in game
I'm on Windows 7(I think) and I'm attempting to install the mod master controller on my copy of sims 3 but it does not seem to be working. I downloaded it properly and put it in the correct folders, but it is not showing up in game.I have even tried installing the test files for installing mods(without master controller in the mods file) and those don't work in game as well. I've followed the instructions from sources and have even started over and tried instructions from different websites but none of them seem to be working. I'm wondering if I'm doing it incorrectly? I've downloaded a framework zip. file and extracted it into the sims 3 folder which created the Mods folder and had the test files in them. It seems simple but when I launch the game the no intro mod doesn't work and there's still sparkles in build mode. I My desktop shortcut for the sims 3 have an access thing on them(it asks me if I'm ok with allowing the game to make changes to the computer instead of simply launching it) which I put on by mistake and have no idea how to turn off, so I don't know if that's what's interfering with those mods. I've installed CC, all furniture and one car, to my game before, but I've cleaned them out of the folders before trying to install this mod. Some of the CC would install properly, but not all. Sorry if this is some silly mistake on my part, but could someone help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:20 PM
There could be conflicts for the mods. Also, did you unzip them?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 2:21 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Verify Package Installation
    To help you further, please carefully read and follow the following:

First, double-check your setup: These instructions will take you through the things you should check yourself: Package Files Not Working. You may be able to fix the problem yourself using those instructions.

Still not working? Then we will need ALL of the following information.
    1. What is the version of your base game?
      Windows OS: Game Help:TS3 Patching Find Gameversionwiki
      Mac OSX: Find Gameversion#info.plist

Copy and paste the indicated line from the skuversion.txt or info.plist, from the respective locations shown in the Find Gameversion Wiki, which would show you how to navigate to the following path: \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
      Quote:
      BG: GameVersion =
    2. Take THREE screenshots... one each of the following locations, with the Explorer/Finder window showing the Details View:
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\
      • Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

... and attach them to a post on this thread. Click Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments. Or if it says the pictures are too big, you can upload them to modyourpanties.com and copy and paste the links.
      We have a guide on how to take screenshots if you need assistance: Game_Help:Screenshotswiki.

Make sure you set your folder view to Details mode, that you have file types showing (.package, .cfg, etc. on the ends of the filenames) and expand out the Name and Type columns so they're fully readable!

3. Open your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\resource.cfg file in Notepad/TextEdit and copy-paste its contents here.

4. Right-click on Resource.cfg and check Properties. Is the file name Resource.cfg or Resource.cfg.txt or something else?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 10:18 PM
GameVersion = 1.0.631.00001

I have my screenshots attached

Resource file (which is titled Resource.cfg when I go into Properties)

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

I hope I got everything!
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:15 PM
You need to patch your game to at least version 1.12. You can do that from the game launcher, or you can download the patches yourself from here: Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You need to patch your game to at least version 1.12. You can do that from the game launcher, or you can download the patches yourself from here: Game Help:TS3 Patchingwiki

Thanks so much! I had the same problem as OP and this must be the solution because my game is really behind on updates I found out! Downloading the patch now. ^.^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 5:58 AM
Even though it says 1.0.631 etc. on the skuversion, in my launcher it says I am up to date(version 1.67 etc) and don't need to update.I'm downloading the super patcher now, but if it says I'm up to date, will it even work?