Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:42 AM Last edited by Paneep : 17th Jun 2018 at 3:04 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Default Skins Not appearing in CAS:Solved!
Hello!

I am having trouble getting default skins to appear in my CAS or, well, anywhere else in-game.
I've tried different skins to rule out that one skin in particular was not working. (One of them is a commonly downloaded skin from this sight, as you might notice.) I have deleted each skin and reinstalled. I have searched this forum for a technique that I haven't already tried. I have deleted/moved every other mod out of the mod folder to see if any were interfering with the mod. I have cleared my caches several times. (As in, every time I've troubleshoot...ed? Troubleshot?) I have used the nosparkles and nointro mods to check that my folders were set up correctly.

Edit: I got exasperated and deleted my Sims 3 folder so a new one would regenerate. I then added just the skin itself. It works. I didn't notice at first because KBP is more subtle than expected, but more textured skins caught my eye. I'm slowly adding my CC back in at this point. Idk how I screwed up, but I'm guessing I missed something when I cleared my cache, despite trying to follow directions, or I got delete happy and took out something important. Thanks to everyone who commented! <3 I feel so dumb

All the CC you see in the images below work except for those containing default skins. Both those newly downloaded, and the ones that predate the skins' downloads. That being said, I'm not debating whether or not I've done something wrong. I've seen both of these mods used extensively by users of varying skill levels. It's me. Somehow it's me. I just can't figure out what I'm screwing up!

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if I am missing information. I promise I tried to carefully read and try and include everything!

Thanks for your time. :lovestruc

Config ==> https://pastebin.com/Z6tXLyGS

Diag ==> https://pastebin.com/iQ5gmjd8
Screenshots
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 9:12 AM
You forgot to post the pictures.

But aside from that does this happen with ALL Sims or does the new skin at least apply to newly created Sims?
Have you deleted simcompositor.cache and compositor.cache and both cache files in the WorldCaches folder in case you played in a custom or Store world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
You forgot to post the pictures.

But aside from that does this happen with ALL Sims or does the new skin at least apply to newly created Sims?
Have you deleted simcompositor.cache and compositor.cache and both cache files in the WorldCaches folder in case you played in a custom or Store world?

I thought I attached the photos, and when I edit it, they still show up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there, either, hehe.

The default skins don't appear to be present in the game, period. When I figure out how to get the pictures to show, you'll see that all the caches you listed and more have been deleted. Even the ones in the WorldCaches, yes, as I have Riverview installed.

Edit: oops. I didn't save the attachment descriptions before I hit upload. Apparently that's required.
Screenshots
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 5:08 PM
I thought you would post pictures of the skins...

But anyway, you can't have two default skin replacements installed at the same time. The Eskin seems to be only for females but the other one, judging from the file size, is for all genders, thus creating conflicts. You can use only one default replacement per gender.

Aren't there also special requirements if you want to use a HD skin?

What I'd do is to remove the two and test a simple one for all genders first. If that doesn't work either then the problem is somewhere on your side.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I agree with @Don Babilon regarding how you can't use two default skins at the same time. He's also correct about the KBPrimer skin as those are the only skins I use. They are for both sexes, although there isn't any type of special requirement to use them. The HD part only matters if a person wants to play their game on the highest sim settings. I haven't noticed any difference when game settings are set to the highest or even on high for sims.

I'd try removing one or the other, clear caches and see what happens. Both are installed correctly.

I didn't post pictures of the skins because they do not show in CAS or the game. There are no pictures to show. I added the second set of skins after the first didn't show up. No go on those bad boys, either.

I removed every single mod in my folder except KBPrimer and cleared every suggested cache in the FAQHelp troubleshoot and loaded the game to test. Still no skins. :c
And I have deleted KBPrimer and reinstalled. I run my game on the highest settings.

I also renamed my The Sims 3 folder "old" and let the game regenerate one. Then I put a mod folder with only the KBPrimer skin in it and tried to see if it would come up that way, so that I could make certain my CC hadn't left something behind. Nothing. Is there some setting I need to deactivate?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Don't worry about pictures. You shouldn't have to deactivate anything. The only thing you need to make sure of is that the box to enable custom content is checked in the Launcher. If that box isn't ticked, then none of your custom content will appear. Since you mentioned you have other CC and it's working, this is not the problem.

Have you tried the non-default skin and which one did you download? I'll try whatever one you're trying to install in my game and see if it gives me grief. Here's the link to make it easy.
The default is working. I was just so flustered that I overlooked it. KBP is much more subtle than expected, but when I tried it with the other more textured set of default skins I had, I realized it was working. I still don't know why it didn't work in the old folder, but I'll just delete it and work off of what I have. You are so so sweet for offering to walk me through it!
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 4:29 AM
It didn't work initially because you had 2 defaults replacements in, you can only have 1 default replacement for each gender.