Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tattoo Set - Puddydracovirgin - UPDATED - Mix & Match

by robokitty Posted 25th Jun 2009 at 4:11 PM - Updated 29th Jul 2009 at 5:39 AM by robokitty

209 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:21 AM
Awesome. would love it if you made more and for both arms. thanks!
Test Subject
#127 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:52 PM
ty ^__^

--(:-0) THE MONKEYS ARE BACK!! Quick, grab the super ultra-super evaporating cosmic blasting plasma laser beam ultra fine configured supercalafragalisticexpialadotious weapons of choice and start firing before they get to the underwear drawer!! (:-0)--
Test Subject
#128 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM
whenever i extract this i don't get a sims 3 file? i'm not sure what its doing at all, is there anything else i need for this file to work?
i used WinZIP to extract
Scholar
Original Poster
#129 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:34 PM Last edited by robokitty : 27th Jun 2009 at 6:47 PM.
Thanks for all the comments everyone. A few things:

1) I will probably be making more tattoos in the future, and they will likely include a tribal or two--more likely Maori tribals rather than Celtic ones. They are relatively easy to make as long as they don't go over the shoulder, so I might throw in a Celtic one. For whoever asked for smaller tattoos, I'll probably make a small tribal or something... unless someone else beats me to it, which is fine by me :D

However, the next project I've started on my computer is not a tattoo-related one, so it might be a little while.

2) For people wanting to know how to make these, follow Hanlon Razor's tutorial. For the multiplier file, I just took a black & white version of the tattoo and positioned it where I wanted it on the arm. Then I duplicated the layer, inverted the colors, cut, and pasted into the alpha channel. For a 1 color tattoo, just keep the mask file the same. For a 2 or 3 color tattoo, put the masks for the additional colors in the separate RGB channels of the DDS file. Then, when you're ready to package the tattoo using Delphy's unitool, make sure you add enough patterns (and set the default color) for however many colors you have. I recommend using the long fitted gloves mesh for adult females. Then when you add a new design, simply enable it for men and women both. I tried using burglar gloves for this, and their textures appear to be totally borked. If this doesn't make sense, then you should follow Hanlon's tutorial step by step so you understand where the changes I made are.

3) For the tattoo coming off when nakey--I have no idea what's going on! I wouldn't think that HP's male default replacements would affect it though. I've noticed sometimes during CAS that I'll put a tattoo on my sim, switch to swimwear, and sometimes it will stay on and sometimes it will come off, but I'm still able to go an select the tattoo to make my sim wear it. Sooooo, I SUSPECT that it's an issue of simply not having the ability to do a Plan Outfit-->Naked thing. But I'm not a modder or programmer, so I have no idea.

4) I alerted both artists that I used their artwork as soon as this download went up. One has replied and is cool with it, and I'm still waiting on the other's reply.

5) I am not a Mexican, but I married one.

6) For people having trouble with getting this to work, use this: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

Whew, I think those are the major points. Thanks again for all the comments everyone.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Scholar
#130 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
5) I am not a Mexican, but I married one.
Hehe, well I was close, when I hear from Virgin of Guadalupe the 1st thing that comes to my mind is Mexico
Test Subject
#131 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
Default Rtfm
Quote: Originally posted by goodfeet
I'm sorry but i can't find this folder "MODS" where i have to put these files! It is soo great and i really want these tatoos Can somebody help me?

RTFM.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15184.0.html
Test Subject
#132 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:04 PM
i love you! I've been waiting for some wicked ink!

Out of winter came a warhorse of steel.
Test Subject
#133 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 1:12 AM
These are absolutely incredible and look AMAZING in game. The designs are lovely and the colors are awesome. :D
Test Subject
#134 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 5:20 AM
Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to see what other tattoo designs you make in the future!
Test Subject
#135 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 7:28 PM
Wonderful! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
Fantastic work! Thanx

~ Atheism: Belief in no God, and no belief in God ~
Test Subject
#137 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:50 AM
These are great thanks!

"I want my name to be Spaghetti!"
Test Subject
#138 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 7:57 PM
These are really gorgeous.. I don't comment often, but it's not often you see such well-done and pretty looking tattoos in this game. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for future submissions from you Thanks for your hard work, and cheers!!
Test Subject
#139 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:19 PM
Great job,thank you.

RIP Michael,you will be loved and missed. =C
Test Subject
#140 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:45 PM
Oooh damn, these are bangin'!! And I was just thinking to myself how I wish I had some tats for Sims 3. Thanks!
Test Subject
#141 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:41 AM
This ish is too sick. How do u do it?

Don't travel where the path has been set, go where no other has not and leave your footprints.
Test Subject
#142 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:10 PM
Absolutely amazing! Thank you!
Scholar
#143 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:54 AM
wow! amazing is the word that comes to mind! thanks!!
Test Subject
#144 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 5:49 PM
Great work, but can you make a full-body tattoo for males and females. Please not a skin replacement but a accessoire like this?
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:06 PM
I love this tattoos! Thank you so much!
Do you accept requests?
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:00 PM
pure geeeenius...there's nothing like a sim with awesome tattoos...thank you!
Test Subject
#147 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:58 PM
any way to get this on both arms? how would i do this?
Test Subject
#148 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 5:30 PM
Amazing. <333333333333333333

One night and one more time - Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't so great.
Instructor
#149 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:41 PM
I absolutely love these, Thank so much
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:15 AM
Are they all in one row?
Page 6 of 9