Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:49 PM
Default would it?
would buying sims 2 be worth it for laptops? and can someone send me links where i can buy some sims 2 games? pllleease
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:54 PM
So you do not own any of the sims 2 games huh..because EA still give the Ultimate Collection (UC, which include ALL games packs) through origin, if you own at least one. But fear not (and yes, it is freaking worth it)
Others asked and got it, without owning any sims 2 games...
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599787

All in all, it will also depend on your laptop specs..I cannot personally advise you on that, but if you have any questions about meshing...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 12:09 AM
I would see if you can get base game second hand cheaply off ebay then see if you can get the UC from EA chat. They still give it out for free but having a box and code helps.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 9:58 PM
I had a laptop when I first bought Sims2. the laptop was not compatible with the game. from my understanding, very few laptops could handle Sims2 (or any later version of The Sims).
probably check if your laptop could handle Sims2 before getting the game; I am not sure how or where.

Amazon is another site to buy Sims2.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:19 PM
My Sim-machine is a Toshiba A665-s6096. I have upgraded from 4GB to 8GB memory, but everything else is like the specs in the pdf on this page: http://support.toshiba.com/support/...reeText=2759669

I bought my Sims 2 game and all the EPs used, on eBay. Mine are the Double Deluxe and the compilation packs (Best of Business, etc.) For me, this was the easiest and cheapest way to go. If you do buy used, make sure that it comes with the install code(s)!

I have never used the downloadable Ultimate Collection but from everything I've seen posted, it might be to your benefit to buy a used Sims 2 game and maybe an EP or two, and then call EA (someone here can provide the info, I'm sure) and ask about the Ultimate Collection that has everything. Word on the board is that if they say "no" the first time, try calling back a couple days later and see if you get someone in a good mood who will approve your download.

Once you do get your Sims 2, be sure to install the discs in order. And do a search on this site for 4GB patch, graphics.sgr, live.package and "must have" mods to prevent corruption.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Theorist
#6 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 4:46 PM
Amazon is good for buying used games. I bought what games I didn't have already to finish off my set, but I use UC now. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:44 PM
I have been using a laptop for playing the UC for several years now. It's a Logiq m76t, running Windows vista, that's all I know about it. It's not the best and I'm pretty sure I'm eventually going to destroy this laptop because of the little graphics glitches but I've been using it for my simming needs since 2014.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
So you do not own any of the sims 2 games huh..because EA still give the Ultimate Collection (UC, which include ALL games packs) through origin, if you own at least one. But fear not (and yes, it is freaking worth it)
Others asked and got it, without owning any sims 2 games...
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599787

All in all, it will also depend on your laptop specs..I cannot personally advise you on that, but if you have any questions about meshing...
hm really? i didn't know i'll check it out and awesome my mom said they probably wouldn't work since the games are so old and meshing? like mods and clothes and stuff like that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I had a laptop when I first bought Sims2. the laptop was not compatible with the game. from my understanding, very few laptops could handle Sims2 (or any later version of The Sims).
probably check if your laptop could handle Sims2 before getting the game; I am not sure how or where.

Amazon is another site to buy Sims2.
thanks
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butchwoman
meshing? like mods and clothes and stuff like that?

Like meshing clothes, furniture, objects. Modding mods and hacks is more computer code and technical, and I've only made very simple ones.
But yes. I cannot help you computer-wise, but I'd be happy to help you meshing(3D)-wise anytime!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:21 PM
i'm trying the sims 2 thing u...utlimate collection someone posted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:52 PM
the thing is i used to have sims 2 the original one and a couple of the packs but it got lost in the flood we had in 2015 and they are saying they don't have it anymore i was watching a video of someone dong it and it worked for them 2017 and they didn't have the sims
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#13 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:55 PM
Try again, because somebody just posted a couple weeks ago they got it, but they had to go through a few people....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Try again, because somebody just posted a couple weeks ago they got it, but they had to go through a few people....
i know this is like my 3rd time doing it..crossed fingers lol, dangit it says they will call me i can't do the chat thing again ugh.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:01 PM
Keep trying until they give it to you. Period. Don't settle for less! lol

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Keep trying until they give it to you. Period. Don't settle for less! lol
i will but this is my 3rd time doing it and i can't do the chat thing again they have to call me or i have to call them ugh they said it doesn't exist anymore.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:49 PM
Next time someone tells you they don't have it, get tough. Demand to talk to their manager. When you do, forcibly (but as politely as you can manage; preferably with a tone sliding into a range readily interpretable as barely-withheld rage) tell them that you know, for a fact, that the UC is still available because you're in contact with other people who have gotten it as of - whenever the date of that post was, you can check easily since it's near the top at the moment - and you don't like being given the runaround by improperly trained customer service people. And if he doesn't know his job well enough to know how to give it to you, he's got a manager you can speak to, too; but I personally have never had to tonguelash past the first rung of management.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Next time someone tells you they don't have it, get tough. Demand to talk to their manager. When you do, forcibly (but as politely as you can manage; preferably with a tone sliding into a range readily interpretable as barely-withheld rage) tell them that you know, for a fact, that the UC is still available because you're in contact with other people who have gotten it as of - whenever the date of that post was, you can check easily since it's near the top at the moment - and you don't like being given the runaround by improperly trained customer service people. And if he doesn't know his job well enough to know how to give it to you, he's got a manager you can speak to, too; but I personally have never had to tonguelash past the first rung of management.
thanks that sounds awesome i'll do it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:42 AM
Trust me they have it, if you get an unhelpful person keep trying.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Trust me they have it, if you get an unhelpful person keep trying.
do you have to have the sims 2 original game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:30 AM
Oh My God Thank You Guys Soooo Much
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 5:16 AM
I have two sets or original disks. I don't use the UC, but I do have it in my Origin account. I had to take a picture of a cover and of a code.

Sounds like you found someone on there to hand it over?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have two sets or original disks. I don't use the UC, but I do have it in my Origin account. I had to take a picture of a cover and of a code.

Sounds like you found someone on there to hand it over?
yes i did and i am so happy, but the problem is i haven't downloaded any mods and everytime i move the screen and stop the game flickers and its making me mad xc
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butchwoman
yes i did and i am so happy, but the problem is i haven't downloaded any mods and everytime i move the screen and stop the game flickers and its making me mad xc

Congrats! (I love your username btw.)

Make sure that you use the Graphics Rules Maker (found here ), and turn all of your in game video settings up to max. On my Lenovo V110 laptop which is running Windows 10 and only just enough to run the game I find that if I don't have 'edge smoothing' and the other video settings onto max my game flickers madly. Although running it on such high settings makes the game stutter and lag a bit with lots of objects and sims on a lot, its better than the flickering.

You'll probably also want the sim shadow fix by Nopke which is downloadable here on Mod the Sims.

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Congrats! (I love your username btw.)

Make sure that you use the Graphics Rules Maker (found here ), and turn all of your in game video settings up to max. On my Lenovo V110 laptop which is running Windows 10 and only just enough to run the game I find that if I don't have 'edge smoothing' and the other video settings onto max my game flickers madly. Although running it on such high settings makes the game stutter and lag a bit with lots of objects and sims on a lot, its better than the flickering.

You'll probably also want the sim shadow fix by Nopke which is downloadable here on Mod the Sims.

Good luck!
thanks and i hope it works now i'm gonna download some mods
Page 1 of 2