Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 12:21 AM
Default How do you like the new trailer?
Its posted over at the official website. I say, this is looking better and better!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:33 AM
I wonder why their food sparkles at about a minute into the video? This looks like a great EP and I especially like that pond fountain.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
#3 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:38 AM
The food is sparkling because the food they're eating is made from some of the new food ingredients in Seasons and some have special effects on sims. Those are shown by the sparkles, just like in the console version.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:42 AM
Ah, well, I wonder what the Simmlish would be for:
"Mommie, my meatloaf and vegetables sparkle."
"Son, eat them anyway."

Tumblr
Theorist
#5 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:55 AM
Well, this is the sim world after all! Maybe the sims don't even see the sparkles because the sparkles are only telling you that the food is special. If they do though, they probably wouldn't even care because things like werewolves and literally talking to plants to make them grow will already exist, lol!

It looks like there are skating interactions because there's those two sims kissing in the middle of the rink, cool! Also, I can't wait to have a trophy of a boot on the wall.
#6 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:01 AM
I'd have to say, although it's been said, many times, many ways , that this looks like the bestest expansion pack ever!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:03 AM
That's true about their ignorance to the seemingly obvious. I notice that there are rocks next to the shrubs (at 00:53 for example) in the fishing scene. Weather aside, this EP seems more and more like the "Things First Made By The Community" EP. But even with that in mind, it still looks like a good EP. (Not that the Pets/Pests EP is going to be dethroned as the worst EP any time soon.)

Tumblr
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:06 AM
I friggin' lol'd when that one sim was like "I HAS A BOOT!", and then proceeded to mount said boot on his wall.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:08 AM
At 1:14, what are those things behind the table near the fence? Some type of planter?

Tumblr
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 5:36 AM
The weather scenes are very pretty! I can't wait to take screenshots with this new EP. The weather and seasons will really give sim pictures, movies, and stories a whole new element...more so than any other EP that we have. I can't wait! :D

Dream
#11 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 6:07 AM
=D It looks so pretty! No way in h*ll its going to run that nice on my computer.. But i wants it!! heh.
#12 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 7:04 AM
Great trailer and is needed as the sims 2 did lacked weather seasons
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
=D It looks so pretty! No way in h*ll its going to run that nice on my computer.. But i wants it!! heh.

I agree.. I'm silently imagining that with the jagged lines and the lagging screens.

But really, it looks awesome! I'm completely in love with it so far! What a cute EP! :D

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 10:12 AM
They had them playing catch! I froze it when it showed the ball and it was a baseball (you could see the red stitching) so hopefully it wasn't a misdirect (ie it was a snowball but superimposed on autumn)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 10:52 AM
Haven't seen it yet...but will tonight.can't wait!
#16 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 5:40 PM
It looked quite fancy, but it didn't really show me anything I didn't know already (yeah, i've been reading lots of previews). I hope a second trailer comes up soon with more new info.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekara
It looked quite fancy, but it didn't really show me anything I didn't know already (yeah, i've been reading lots of previews). I hope a second trailer comes up soon with more new info.

Same with me!! I noticed that some parts of the video where already in the pictures they have released.
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 8:19 PM
It looked alright, but it's been said, nothing new.

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#19 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 9:56 PM
Oh, I love it, I love it, I love it!!!I cant wait to play it!
#20 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 10:10 PM
I am in love with how much more realistic the pools look! There's reflections and better looking splashes and ripples in the water. It looks awesome. I'm very excited for this. At first I thought it would be a small expansion but there is so much they're putting into it!

This is definitely going to make the game so much more realistic!
Instructor
#21 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 11:03 PM
It was great.. I can't wait to get it.. It's going to add much more realism to the game with all the new stuff to do and the weather is just awesome..

Feel free to call me Squash

Inventor
#22 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 11:04 PM
I already wanted the EP but all the trailers and pictures make me want it more! *stomps feet* I wannit now!.
#23 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 10:28 AM
hmm I can not find a basketball!
can you shot a picture of the scene?
Forum Resident
#24 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:25 PM
im gonna pump up the graphics power on mines and run it at the max

ready computer LETS get playing!!! dum dumd dee
Stupid people are stupid
#25 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 6:19 PM
Did you see the rounded swimmingpool? I hope they include that...
Page 1 of 3