Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 9:28 AM
Default Do you roleplay/storytell
Do you roleplay in your game?? if you do please share!! I'm all about this storytelling jazz Feel free to use pictures!!!
My sim's situation: Angeline is a freshman at college, she is 1/3 of my Buddies groupie Today things went down without her even being aware of them, Lets just say her girlfriend Rosie Burton is a total Hoe! Nope she does not help with gardening whatever. She desperate for lovers! (Romance sims never were my favs) But she Whooed! autonomously (with ACR) with 6 other men and 4 women on the same f*ckin day. One of Angelines roommates, (Geoffrey Patiek) tried warning her but now she is just mad at him for accusing her girlfriend for being unloyal. (But she really is, Shes using Angeline just to make her be a "Sexy Bi" who makes her own rules) And that is it Phew! AKA Geoffrey decided to take it into his own hands and place a stink bomb on Rosie's Dorm lets just say the rest of the day turned out bad! So thats it, please leave your sim's situation and stories!
Rosie: And if you dare to set foot in my dorm again Geoff well you will get a, You know what just meet me tonight here again *caresses cheek* you will get your punishment Geoff: OH MY GOD, you are a crazy B*tch I'm engaged
Screenshots
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 10:25 AM
This probably needs to be in the Sim 2 Stories section or Sims 2 Pictures

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
This probably needs to be in the Sim 2 Stories section or Sims 2 Pictures

Im sorry! ill move it there this is my first time making a thread
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 5:58 PM
Actually I think the "What's happening in your game right now?" thread is possibly a better place for this sort of post.

I'm never quite sure what people mean by role-playing. In general my Sims aren't consciously playing roles; they're just living their lives.

But as for story-telling, I think that's what my game is all about. Whether it's a story I made up, or one my Sims made up themselves, or, more usually, a mixture of both. But I reckon most of the posts I make here say something about the characters in my game and the things they get up to. There's always a story in The Sims!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Actually I think the "What's happening in your game right now?" thread is possibly a better place for this sort of post.

I'm never quite sure what people mean by role-playing. In general my Sims aren't consciously playing roles; they're just living their lives.

I came onto this thread to say the same thing. This post would be better in the "What's happening in your game" thread.

When people say role-playing in the sims, I presume they mean that they use dice rolls to decide things. Like Dungeons & Dragons?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 7:13 PM
It's okay, it's your first thread!
But I think everyone here roleplays and storytells, that's basically what the game is made for
Sometimes I do experiment and create families that fall victim to ... certain pool ladder accidents ... mwuahahahah

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 11:43 PM
"What's happening in your game right now?" is the place for this, it's where we post pictures and text about things that just happened, be they in a short story format or just a point by point this is what happened.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
When people say role-playing in the sims, I presume they mean that they use dice rolls to decide things. Like Dungeons & Dragons?

Dice rolling is kind of the non roleplaying part of Dungeons and Dragons ...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Dice rolling is kind of the non roleplaying part of Dungeons and Dragons ...

That's why some people call it roll-playing. And not as a compliment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

But as for story-telling, I think that's what my game is all about. Whether it's a story I made up, or one my Sims made up themselves, or, more usually, a mixture of both. But I reckon most of the posts I make here say something about the characters in my game and the things they get up to. There's always a story in The Sims!

Where exactly is that thread? Im such a noob!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 3:23 AM
The "What's happening In your game" thread is here: https://www.modthesims.info/show...9&goto=lastpost It tends to get bumped up a lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 4:39 AM
What's the distinction between story-telling and role-playing? There's probably no definitive answer, but to me...

Story-telling would be where I've written (in my head) a script for a sim's future, or for a household, or for the neighbourhood as a whole. This is what this sim or these sims are going to do. Now that Salmonella Cockroach has come of age, she's going to wait until her mother dies (later today, I hope) and her father's moved out to an old folks home, and then she'll sell up and move in with Travis Mellanby. The Cockroach home will then fall empty, so I'll get through each rotation that little bit faster.

The role-playing comes in when the game bowls a googly at me to throw my script in disarray. Salmonella went downtown and met Edwin Davison, with whom she immediately triple-bolted. They're both Romance sims (as is Travis), and she only double-bolts with Travis. So, what would Salmonella do? She's gonna move in with Edwin, and Travis will have to find someone else.

And then back to the story-telling. Because my script says that although Travis is also an only child with ageing parents, his house is not going to fall empty. He will have to find another partner, and marry her to keep the name of Mellanby going for at least another generation. I want that house, and that family name, to endure.

Basically, story-telling is when the sims do what I want them to do, role-playing is when I go with what the sims want to do, or at least what I feel they might want to do. The two interact and play off against each other.

I also use dice (roll-playing rather than role-playing) to determine various things - how much Elixir each sim gets, who is going to fall pregnant on the current rotation, the aspiration a sim gets on becoming a teen, and what the next decade's sartorial theme will be. These are decisions I prefer not to make for myself so I let the dice decide.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 7:19 AM
Story telling you're telling a story. Role playing you're playing the role.