Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
#4976 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Today I learned that...pregnant Sims can't wear hats, apparently?

The hairstyle might be missing a flag for maternity wear.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4977 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
The hairstyle might be missing a flag for maternity wear.

My husband once had a sim who did not usually wear a hat spin into a hat when she spun into maternity wear.
Scholar
#4978 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:06 AM
Being in jail for beating up your teenage son doesn't prevent you from seeing said teenage son off to college, even if you still totally hate each other.
Mad Poster
#4979 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:16 AM
I think the parent chosen is always the one with the first instance number, if they're alive. If Mortimer Goth is dead, Bella can suddenly appear to drop Alexander off at college! I kind of wish it was the one with the highest relationship, but I'm not sure if that'd be something moddable or not.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4980 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:30 AM
I kind of wish it was the one with the highest relationship, but I'm not sure if that'd be something moddable or not.
Oh this would be wonderful. ...though I suppose in most of my sim households, it wouldn't matter because both parents would be at 100/100 BFF.
Mad Poster
#4981 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:13 AM
What does..going to UNi and a telescope have in common?

I think the parent chosen is always the one with the first instance number...

(stupid-humour-riddle by me.)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
just a girl
#4982 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:17 AM
It is moddable.
Forum Resident
#4983 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
That plantsims attracts animals

that lightning will set fire to telescope

and that a skin I had made animations hard

also that the update fixed one problem (Even though it did create a new) - I CAN BUILD HOUSES AGAIN.

I build small houses *^*
Alchemist
#4984 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:14 PM
noticed several more stages in Belladonna Cove; second floor of Contender's lot, under the stairs in Green's lot.
and noticed several more awnings on the lot of Peterson's unit; over the entrances of the other units.

spiral stairs can be placed above other spiral stairs without cheats.

ran the Hood Checker program on a neighborhood with my current "hidden" sub-neighborhoods; expansions 4,5,8. if I remember correctly, the program showed stuff from each of those.
Mad Poster
#4985 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:21 PM
I was wondering about the stage at Carlos' house. How do I make one of those?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#4986 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:21 PM
I learned I have a heart and are emotionally attached to my sims and it is gonna be hard to say goodbye to gen 1 ;A;

I build small houses *^*
Alchemist
#4987 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I was wondering about the stage at Carlos' house. How do I make one of those?
the stage tools are in the foundation/deck section of Build Mode; and made the same way.

Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I learned I have a heart and are emotionally attached to my sims and it is gonna be hard to say goodbye to gen 1 ;A;
many players are probably like that.
Scholar
#4988 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:36 AM
I think the parent chosen is always the one with the first instance number, if they're alive. If Mortimer Goth is dead, Bella can suddenly appear to drop Alexander off at college! I kind of wish it was the one with the highest relationship, but I'm not sure if that'd be something moddable or not.

I wish it could be the household adult/elder with whom the teen has the best relationship, rather than being strictly limited to parents. It always feels so wrong when orphans go off alone even though they've been living with an older sibling or foster parent, sometimes since they were toddlers. In this case, Ripp being taken to college by Olive (his foster mother) would have made much more sense than Buzz taking him. But perhaps it really was Olive, and that whole cut-scene was just Ripp dreaming of having the sort of dad who would have taken him.
Test Subject
#4989 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 11:48 PM
Today I discovered that trying to train pet commands on even slightly sloped terrain is absolutely impossible. Cue fifteen minutes of sim and dog walking in circles around each other and taking relationship hits every time the sim yells about routing issues. I ended up moving some trees around and flattening out that part of the lot for convenience.
Scholar
#4990 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:30 PM
LuLu Lounge in Downtown is shaped like a bow tie.

It's a formal club.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#4991 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:16 PM
That maxis houses have the right shell just not the right layout

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#4992 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:56 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:46 PM.
Oddly enough, or not , sims can read newspaper on a community lot while using the lot. Just had Tara Kat do that in a stall at Pettina's Pet Retreat. I guess it could be depented on the sims overall personality or other traits, not on the criteria If there is such object presented on the lot.

ETA: And today, I discovered that my sim can't play football (or soccer, for fellow Americans' dictionary) when there is snow in its area.
Test Subject
#4993 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:27 PM
Today I discovered that making enough friends for higher-level promotions really isn't as hard as I thought it was when I first started playing. Back then I could barely manage a household, let alone juggle more than two or three friendships. I decided it was too much work and never bothered with it again (Make Friends For Me saved my sims' careers!). Years later I've realized it's not that bad. The 'hang out' interaction even takes care of the gruntwork for me!
Lab Assistant
#4994 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:33 PM
I learned that you cannot dupe your Sim by buying something they want to satisfy a high-aspiration point want, then immediately selling it. They'll know what you did.

Learned firsthand by losing all the aspiration meter bonuses I had gotten plus some more as punishment, and my Sim having an unique "Miss this Object" interaction/animation.
Alchemist
#4995 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:03 AM
about buying objects to satisfy Wants; earliest those objects can be sold without aspiration reduction and without sims missing them I think is after the initial depreciation.
though if an object/hack has a "Delete" interaction, that interaction can be done anytime without either result.
Mad Poster
#4996 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
I learned that you cannot dupe your Sim by buying something they want to satisfy a high-aspiration point want, then immediately selling it. They'll know what you did.

Learned firsthand by losing all the aspiration meter bonuses I had gotten plus some more as punishment, and my Sim having an unique "Miss this Object" interaction/animation.

Unless it was patched out at some point, you should be able to dupe them by putting the object in their inventory and then selling it from there.
Alchemist
#4997 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:18 AM
from my understanding, selling from inventory is not in shipped version of this game. shipped version; I think only in Build/Buy.
Mad Poster
#4998 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 12:39 AM
As far as I know, selling from inventory has been possible since whatever EP added inventories.
Mad Poster
#4999 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster

You might want Pescado's hack.

nowhatsthis.package

No more "What's This?" and "Where did it go" actions. If they appear at all, they will not cause the sim to take any direct action.
Mad Poster
#5000 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
I finally discovered what not to do for Mog's Desk Locator mod to work every time.
Yes, this is mod-related, but if it can help another simmer, why not?
The routine your sim will need is not a problem, but you must be aware. The sim has to be able to stand on the one tile left to the desk/table. 2 tile desk or table, or one tile desk or table, does not matter.
If that tile is not clear, your sim will complain that he or she cannot put their homework/college assignment down.
I won't post pictures illustrating the don't's and do's, unless you really beg me to.
You cannot put a desk against a wall, well..not its left side against the wall. The sim won't be able to reach, there is a wall there.
You cannot put a dresser, plant etc..on that left side.
Right for us when looking at the front of desk of course, left for the sim.

I redid many rooms in my dorms...lol.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 200 of 442