Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 9:51 AM
Quick update:
The O'Mackey twins grew up into children, and they are like...bleh. Normally I'm pretty tolerant of the way my simmies turn out looking, but they just look like they've got munted up faces, especially Gabriella - she's got like these giant bags under her eyes. Strange, since Patricia has quite nice facial features and Gabe's aren't too bad.

Patricia's now an Obituary Writer, and Gabe is still a High School Teacher, but he's earning extra money from painting. They've been having trouble getting promoted thanks to the toddlers taking up all their time but they should be better now.

Bonnie McGreggor is also a child and she is...interesting-looking. Actually, quite pretty, just a bit weird, big lips. I'm getting freaky children all over the place. Abou Ramaswami has a pointy nose.

Let's hope that Henry Martin and River Greenman turn out pretty...

Still doing the tedious procedure of getting Jacob, Jules, Frances and Sandra through college. They're all sophomores except Frances and Sandra and Jules are almost done with sophomore year. They ALL want to be Captain Hero for their LTW, except for Frances, who wants to be Business Tycoon.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 1:08 PM
Meh.
My PC crashed and I lost Riverblossom Hills.
Might attempt Pleasantview now. Or possibly Strangetown...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Scholar
#53 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:41 PM
Well, I've started Pleasantview and have played a few days of the Goths so far.

Cassandra is pregnant with Don's baby. They're not married yet, and they haven't seen each other since the first night. When I play Don I will get him to make out with Nina in front of her.

Dina married Mortimer, and is giving up her gold-digging ways and her affair with Don for a nice life with her rich hubby. She is also pregnant, a day behind Cassandra. Lots of babies in the Goth household! I changed her looks radically. She now has dark brown curly hair and dark lippy.

Alex is doing OK. He's best friends with Mortimer and getting there with Cassandra. I don't think he even has a relationship with Dina.

Don next! I'm going to get revenge on him by everytime Brandi Broke wants a baby, make them have an affair and make it his. Serves him right. Nina can get preggers too. And Kaylynn. And maybe Mary-Sue... And possibly Dina, but I think Mortimer's kid will be enough for her. Wehey!

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Scholar
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 11:27 AM
I have moved in the Burbs to a little trailer opposite the Brokes. Jennifer is already preggers, she went to her first day of work normal and came back with a bump. Her poor colleagues willl be so shocked. Her LTW is to earn 100,000 simoleans! Eck. John wants to marry off 6 kids. Don't see how those two are going to combine...

Played Nina a bit and gave her a makeover. She's in the Slacker career and has been promoted three times.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Field Researcher
#55 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 2:01 AM
I accept this challenge with the bluewater group.
Scholar
#56 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:27 AM
Well, so far, here's what's been happening:

GOTHS:
Dina is pregnant with Mortimer's last child. Alexander is close to becoming a teen. Apart from that, nothing much.

CALIENTE:
Nina is just working on her career. She got caught cheating with Don by Dina and Cassandra at the same time. Don and her are woohooing but they're not living in the same house, harder to carry on affairs. Soon she's going to see if she can seduce a couple of older men like Daniel Pleasant and possibly Mortimer. hee hee, so fun.

LOTHARIO:
Don moved in Kaylynn. She's a family sim so she'll soon want a baby, ha ha Don!!!! He's in the music career now.

Haven't played the Burbs and Oldies much so far.

PLEASANT:
Daniel woohooed with Kaylynn to get him in platinum, then fired her. He and Mary-Sue are back in love but poor Mary doesn't know that he's got his eye on Nina, and possibly Brandi. The twins apologized to each other over and over again but then Angela went and slapped Lilith so their relationship is -100. Both the teens are now at college and they both want to apologize.

BROKE:
Dustin is at college and engaged to Angela. Brandi's still pregnant with her third son but due to pop soon. Beau grew up to a child in platinum.

DREAMER:
Darren and Cassandra had a lavish wedding in his studio in their underpants. Cassandra has had twins whose father is Don Lothario, they "tried for baby" before Cassandra caught him cheating with Nina. Cassandra wasn't bothered at all about the breaking up and affair before she had her baby, now every two seconds she's stomping about it. The twins have been born and I called them Sara and Taryn. Dirk is at college engaged to Lilith.

If anyone's interested, I'll post pics.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Field Researcher
#57 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 2:19 AM
I like pics!

Bluewater Village:

Jaquet- Momma Jaquet continues to be disappointed in her son who seems to want nothing out of life but to lazy around watching tv. On the upside she made friends with a zombie in the town over.
Landgraab-Continueing the proud Landgraab tradtional of making money hand over fist. I adore him. He has evil eyebrows. Going to go into crime to make life more exciting.
Ramirez-Papa and Mama are quite pleased with getting their daughter into private school. Papa's business is going well but Mama is thinking about followind a life long dream of being a doctor.
Delarosa- She is the sad one in the bunch. Her florist business is losing money. Her beloved garden is dying. Her thoughts contastly go to the road not taken.. that of mad scientist and forbidden knowledge.
Tinker- I adore them because this family is too sweet. Mama and Papa will be expecting a second child. They bought a huge dumb dog. Do they have their own toy shop or do they sell out of that shed?
Forum Resident
#58 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 6:08 AM
Anebrd, I thought they sold from the shed.
Meggie, I like pictures too.
I am giving my laptop to my daughter and I get her PC, so I'll have to start my saga all over again.
Scholar
#59 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 4:53 AM
Awww Anebrd I'm so jealous.......
I really want Open For Business.
I'll play the families a bit more then I'll get you some pics. Lots of exciting things have happened recently in my game. I'm loving all Don Lothario's and Nina's affairs, so fun.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Scholar
#60 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 5:39 AM
Default Pics of Pleasantview
Here are some pics so far. If people are interested I have a whole heap more saved and I am totally addicted to this neighbourhood. I haven't really been focusing on careers so much as reproducing, lol. Every single family has got a baby now, except for the Oldies and the Pleasants. And out of them all I only have two girls, both children of Don Lothario! I might have to do some pairing-up with premade University sims.

Don moved in Kaylynn, who surprisingly turns out to be a Family sim. This oughta be an interesting pair. And how are they doing? What has Don got himself into?

Oh dear. What will Cassandra think I wonder? She's already mad enough at him...

Don seems to be settling into fatherhood well though.

It's a little girl named Isabella Langerak.

Nina Caliente, living on her own in the condo and now a Projectionist in the Slacker career also got into a bit of a sticky situation.

Meet Tariq Caliente, the love-child of Nina and Daniel Pleasant.

Yes, I'm evil, I know.

Daniel unfortunately feared having a baby, but he was in platinum so now he's down to green. Him and Mary-Sue are doing excellently, he just hopes she doesn't find out about Tariq. photobucket has just frozen so more pictures later, if you want them.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Field Researcher
#61 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 2:53 AM
meggie272 that is super awesome!!!

Ok here is the little information from bluewater district before the ice storm knocked out my power for a week. Can you say brrrr? :D

Florence Delarosa- She was on the verge of a nervous breakdown but her employee and friend invited her downtown. There her friend the Diva convinced her that life was too short. So she quit the flower shop, got a new look and moved into an apartment on the south side of the village.

Gilbert Jacquet got struck by lightening as he attempted to learn break dancing, bought some new threads and a cell phone. He then got a date, went to the bowling alley and complained about a window. /face palm He is now a hard core romance sime with a tiny slice of pleasure. Just so Densie can have that much more to be proud of... :P

Densie... mother of the laziest sim, went to the bakery and the new employee quit. I guess doing nothing all day was very stressful. :/

When I have a chance Ill post Florence Delarosa's new look. Its nerd chic!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anebrd
meggie272 that is super awesome!!!

Ok here is the little information from bluewater district before the ice storm knocked out my power for a week. Can you say brrrr? :D

Florence Delarosa- She was on the verge of a nervous breakdown but her employee and friend invited her downtown. There her friend the Diva convinced her that life was too short. So she quit the flower shop, got a new look and moved into an apartment on the south side of the village.

Gilbert Jacquet got struck by lightening as he attempted to learn break dancing, bought some new threads and a cell phone. He then got a date, went to the bowling alley and complained about a window. /face palm He is now a hard core romance sime with a tiny slice of pleasure. Just so Densie can have that much more to be proud of... :P

Densie... mother of the laziest sim, went to the bakery and the new employee quit. I guess doing nothing all day was very stressful. :/

When I have a chance Ill post Florence Delarosa's new look. Its nerd chic!

You know I htinkg I may scrap this project and begin a new one with the shakespeare. Hmmm If I switch to a new hood will there be my darling extras like the travellers and the cooke? I will find out and report my progress in time. Later my fellow hood challengers.
Scholar
#63 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:42 AM
By shakespeare do you mean Veronaville???

So much has been happening. I'll add pics later on when I've got more time.

GOTHS:
Mortimer...died. Of old age. His son Simon Goth is now a toddler and fears seeing ghost so he's in Alexander's inventory. Alexander is a Knowledge teenager and is in love and going steady with Lucy Burb, who turned out very pretty. Dina's living happily, only crying occasionally about her husband's death, waiting until Simon's a child so they can visit their new vacation home in Takemizu Village.

CALIENTE:
Haven't played them much, Nina's son Tariq is still a baby.

LOTHARIO:
Don and Kaylynn have another baby now, due to some action in the hot tub. I made them try for baby in the hot tub because Kaylynn wanted another one, but there was no lullaby and I thought, oh well, probably best, the condo's getting crowded...and the next morning Kaylynn's stomach pops! Holy shit. Isabella's a sweet little toddler who's almost a child. Don's now a reality show judge.

OLDIES:
They're going to die soon. Yayness.

BURB:
The second Burb kid is now a toddler, Scott. Lucy's a family sim who enjoys helping take care of Scott and making out with Alexander. They'll have another baby once they earn a bit more money.

BROKE:
Dustin's at college, yadda yadda, Beau is now a teenager! He's Popularity. Sean, the third son, is a child and getting A+. Brandi hasn't found a townie yet that she's so attracted to that the relationship will petty much go by itself, following the challenge rules. I may have to get her to meet up with Cyd Roseland, just to make her a bit happier.

PLEASANT:
Daniel's almost an elder and is doing lots of WOOHOOing to get him growing up well after the birth of his son Tariq crushed him. Mary-Sue's oblivious and spends all her time working out for her career.

DREAMER:
Don Lothario's twins, Sara and Taryn, are now children, and Cassandra's pregnant again (this time to Darren). They moved into a great big house with a swimming pool and they're very happy. However, Sara gets consistent wants to be friends with herself.

I think she might need some counselling.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:52 AM
I've played Pleasantville *three* times, thanks to a few crashes and my purchasing a new expansion pack. Apartment Life makes the Broke, Newsomes, and Ottomas families *much* easier to play! And it's *very* interesting how the neighborhood plays differently when the Lifetime Wants are different. Anyway, I'll skip the better known families for now and go onto the less played ones...

OLDIES: The Oldies are POOR! They started in a mobile home, until I realized that, duh, they should move in with their children, the Pleasants. Coral Oldie had the LTW of raising 20 puppies and kittens. (I shoved her husband into the Aspiration-changing machine -- no way was I gonna have him be in love with 20 sims simultaeously.) Anyway, Coral's critters kept me busy enough. And as soon as a kitten or puppy grew up -- bam! It was sold off to a passerby, including...

OTTOMAS: Samantha Ottomas picked up a cat, perhaps the only sane Sim in the family. The Ottomas start POOR and lived in a mobile home. Grandma Dora wanted SIX grandchildren -- since she starts with four, two more adopted kids weren't much more work. All their ugly children went off to University, and the two eldest are back. With an additional 40K in funds and two working children, the family lives in a nice custom house. Since I put all my playable Sims students in University into the same residence, the Ottomas children met the children from the family...

BROKE: Brandi moved from her tacky home into another mobile home. With reduced cash flow problems, her family was much easier to play. Dustin still worked hard, so his brother actually went to University *before* him! Brandi had the Golden Anniversay Lifetime Want and had no luck on dates -- until she met a witch, who is now her partner. Tommy Broke also became a witch, but not before meeting a green-eyed black dog who, when the Broke boys went off to University nibbled one of his roommates, who later Savaged a family known as...

SHARPE: Roxie and Jonah were shoved into the aspiration-changer, and left with the "Maximize Seven Skills" Lifetime Want. Thanks to Hobby Lots and being a werewolf (werewolves' Energy Needs fill up when they become werewolves!), they were one Creativity point away from their LTW when they graduated. Now, they apply for jobs, get the Career Reward items, and quit before they even go to work. They invite their University friends over, and give them Career Reward items as gifts. Since playing only two sims in a household is dull, I pulled an "Odd Couple" household by moving them in with...

KAT: Tara Kat received the Education Minister Lifetime Want, so was the first to benefit from the Sharpe's Career Rewards. Since her family is the only family with cats who are friends with each other, I eventually had them breed, but not before finding a bug that prevented Kat from using the newspaper and computer properly to find a job in her own home lot. So, I temporarily moved Kat and two of her cats away to the household of an even more "Odd Couple" roommate...

LOTHARIO: Don had the "In Love with 20 Sims" Lifetime Want, so into the aspiration-changer he went! (In a previous play, I tried fulfilling this LTW, and it got pretty tedious.) As a Family Sim, he adores kittens, two sold to the Goth family. He also gained the "Golden Anniversary" Lifetime Want, and has married Tara Kat, just today. The two moved back with the Sharpes, and the male cat now makes kittens with BOTH females.

So I'm now playing the lesser-known families, and the original teens are adults living with their own families. The University students are mostly adopted children, resulting from various Family Lifetime Wants. And there are cats, EVERYWHERE.
Scholar
#65 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 7:13 AM
Ha ha ced1106 I love it! You're playing it so different from all of us.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Field Researcher
#66 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 1:21 AM
As the Plumbob turns : Veronaville Edition

Consort's Eldest daughter and her family moved back into town. They try several houses and have settled into one near the Capp Family house. She's pregnant and her husband seems to moving from being furious at her to quiet affection. I think he is mad at himself and taking it out on her. He married her for her money and she doesn't have enough to support a family of their size. Quickly he camed into some money. That is how they are able to support their new home ( cough motherlode cough) Of course noone is truely happy but the son. He is just wanting to shake his groove thing.

Romeo and Juilette are/were going steady. They were both at the Summerdream wedding when I shall the symbol of broken crush fall over her head.

Hermia and Puck are going steady. They are my favorite. So cute. So sweet.

The Summerdream after two children have decided to get marry and are talking about the upcoming honeymoon trip.

The Montys took a trip downtown and what should be there but the capps. The son in law ( Gilnora's husband) fought the old woman Monty and lost. Then a little later he fought the old man Monty and lost again.

The Eldest Monty has call in his adult children to move back into town. He suspects that those Capps are up to no good. Are they? Don't know.
Scholar
#67 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:15 AM
Default Pleasantview
Sounds like your going good everyone!

Brandi Broke was getting lonely in her trailer home. Jobs and kids are going great, but she felt like something was missing...so I moved in Cyd Roseland, who is one of the Sim Bin dudes. Glad I didn't delete them. They had great natural chemistry and he brought in 20000 simoleans. I like them very much. Their first kiss was in the rain out on the street after Brandi got home from work. So cute.

Beau and Sean are doing well, Beau a thriving teenager, Sean a cute child.

Like Angela's makeover? It looked way better as a teen, but oh well.

The Burbs saved up for ages for a nice big telly...and then it promptly got stolen. Even worse, the policeman lost the fight! Now they have to rely on red hands to get their fun up.

Lucy's a pretty but very unphotogenic teen sim. She's in love with Alex Goth.

"Congratulations, darling, you had sex with me!"

Alexander's taking his father's death quite badly, stopping in the middle of toilet training his half-brother Simon to cry.

Daniel and Mary-Sue have revived their spark. Daniel goes round to the condo to visit his little toddler Tariq sometimes, who is looking more and more like him every day.

Lilith ended up looking very casual & sporty at college. Dirk ended up looking...frumpy.

Those two are the twins that Cassandra had with Don Lothario, Sara and Taryn. She's currently expecting another one with Darren, but this will be the last, I think. I love the twins. Sara wears a fairy dress and ALL her clothes are pink except outerwear! Girly girl.

Hope you liked those :P

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Field Researcher
#68 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 5:36 PM
I did Maggie! Do you use the camera in game or some other program? Your pictures turn out so clear and nice.

I am one of the few people that are not big into Pleasantville but I really like your tales.
Scholar
#69 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 8:45 AM
Hi Anebrd! Thanks!!! I just use the in-game camera but I have graphic settings on high...

Ygh. Was in car crash yesterday. Hand in cast so can only type with one hand, annoyinf!!

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
#70 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:52 AM
This is very simple, but great challenge. can't beleave I never seen it before. we had challenges there all along lol, thanks.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 4:19 PM
meggie272! We are going to have to keep you in a plastic bubble. You seem like you have had a run of bad luck lately.
#72 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 5:18 PM
It's not a challange! I play like that all time;D
Scholar
#73 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:31 PM
Lolz Anebrd!
Yer things have been a bit crazy for me but hopefully they'll settle down soon.

Most of my second generation are teens now. I can't believe I've got this far! Most of my teens turned out quite hot too.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
#74 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 2:27 AM
Well I just started Pleasantview, Don and Cassandra tied the knot and moved out to get their own place. I don't know how long they'll last because Don wants to woohoo with Nina and Cassandra is bound to find out just what a player he is. By the way, they're expecting. Heard the lullaby the night of their wedding so at least she'll have that.

Morty went and got engaged and then married young Dina Caliente. Dina has a job now as a team mascot, her LTW is to be a Hall of Famer. As well they're expecting their first child.

Alexander is now a teen and studying hard for university. I figure I'll play each family for a Sim week and then move on to the next. Happy simming! <3
Scholar
#75 Old 2nd Mar 2009 at 10:42 AM
Well, one day, Angela & Dustin decided that their first year at college had been, like, totally boring, so they moved back in with their parents.

Mary-Sue and Daniel, now elders in the Athletic career track with a dog called Otis, were a bit upset about this, but they soon adapted, and Daniel soon stopped belting Dustin.

Angela is now expecting their first child. She is in Show Business (yes, I used boolprop to get her a job *hides*) and Dustin in Law.

Ugh. I'm going to see if I can get Lilith, Dirk, Alexander & Lucy graduated. It will be an accomplishment for me. I'm still tossing up about whether the second generation will go to college or not.

Kerryanne - sounds like your doing good with the Goths Had adventures with the ghosts? I put them all in Mortimer's inventory while they had a toddler, coz they always fear seeing ghosts, and then Mortimer died, so I lost the graves of Gretle and Gunther and the rest. But Mortimer now rests in peace in the graveyard...

Darren and Cassandra have had their first child together, and IT WAS A BOY AGAIN!!!!! I'm sick of all these goddamn boys. They named him Matthew, and he is cute.

Isabella Langerak is now romancing with Simon Goth. Don Lothario is 2 promotions away from becoming a Rock God, and Kaylynn's getting there in her Captain Hero goal. Jay Langerak, the second born Lothario kid, is doing good with an A+ in school and is friends with a few of the local kids.

Dina Goth forgave Don for snogging Kaylynn in front of her and they fell straight back in love. Even though they made out in front of Simon, Simon wasn't bothered at all. Whenever Mortimer and Dina romantically interacted in front of Alexander he got real angry at them. Strange.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Page 3 of 19