Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 8:09 PM Last edited by Voeille : 16th Apr 2017 at 8:59 PM.
Default Contest threads
I posted this idea in the contest thread in the general discussions, but I think here is a better place to mention it. I think contests would be much more organised if each one had 3 threads (or 4 so play along entries are separate) – one with just chat, one with questions and answers, and one with entries only. It’d be much easier for people to just open a dedicated thread and view all the entries close to each other (which would make comparing them easier) instead of clicking the links in the table or browsing a huge thread with everything in it. Similarly to questions and answers, someone could just browse a thread dedicated to them and easily check if something has been asked before.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:30 PM
This would even work well with multiple contests going on at once if the contests were treated somewhat like the Social Groups. If you go to the Home page, you see all the threads. If you go to one group you see the threads for that group only.

(Ok, so the days of having 10 contests going on at once do not appear to be returning any time soon. But one can hope.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:41 PM
As an experienced host, contestant and judge I would find having multiple threads confusing and time consuming to police. As long as the host checks in daily and links the submitted entries as they appear it is not confusing. All the entries can be viewed from the first post, once linked. That is where I do my judging from

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!