Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 12:29 AM
Default Help with Edible Cake Mod! (Specifics Inside)
Hi guys!

I want to make a cake mod where you can serve cakes in slices, similar to the pies from the store's Bakery Stove, or the birthday cake.
*I know there are edible cakes slices people made, but I don't want those. The sims eat them with their hands and very quickly. I want them to sit with a slice.*

I think the way to do it is either
(1) Mod the birthday cake that your sim won't age
(2) Re-skin the Bakery Stove pies that they'll look like cakes

Does anyone have an idea on where to start on either? (Similar mods, tutorials, etc). I'll do the rest on my own.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 12:53 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Tutorials has plenty of helpful tutorials.

You would probably want to steal the mesh from a birthday cake, clone a pie, and swap the meshes. It sounds easier than trying to find where the script to age a sim is attached to the birthday cake. (Although if you do spot something that looks like an aging script while you are hunting for the mesh, you could try removing it to see what happens. Be sure to have backups of all files you are opening, working on, or otherwise manipulating. Just in case something goes wrong.)

And you're probably going to want to look at the tutorial on geostates in Extended Object Creation unless you want a pie with only one piece left to look exactly as it did before it was cut.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 3:20 AM
I was looking for this very thing. Birthday and wedding cakes can be sliced and eaten after the event (the birthday or wedding). I think the key would be to mod the cake interactions so they aren't locked until the event (birthday or wedding) occurs. I think you should ask in the modding forum: Create> Sims 3 Creation> Modding Discussion: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=547

Good luck!
Inventor
#4 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You would probably want to steal the mesh from a birthday cake, clone a pie, and swap the meshes. It sounds easier than trying to find where the script to age a sim is attached to the birthday cake. (Although if you do spot something that looks like an aging script while you are hunting for the mesh, you could try removing it to see what happens. Be sure to have backups of all files you are opening, working on, or otherwise manipulating. Just in case something goes wrong.)
And you're probably going to want to look at the tutorial on geostates in Extended Object Creation unless you want a pie with only one piece left to look exactly as it did before it was cut.

Geostates will help you to set the states for full, half and empty as regards the cake. However, to really make it work as intented the OP is probably going to need an entry in the Recipes XML, otherwise when the Sims goes to eat a pie piece will be spawn instead of the cake as intended. CCLoader will allow him to load a custom entry into the game without having to modify the actual XML.