Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 4:30 PM
Default modding pictures
Hi,
once I had two programs (one of them was soe.exe), I could make new pictures. In the game SIMS3, to be used as normal wall pictures.
The only thing I had to do is extracting one given picture from the standard set and changing the content with soe.exe.
This was years ago and somehow I lost the track, the programs seem to be not available any more.
Can anybody help me in modifying wall pictures?
Many thanks,
cu
whisper11
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 5:39 PM
OK.

You have several options.
1. The Poster Set by DouglasVeiga. Get the Studio here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?&t=579394
and the Loader here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579395. Find pictures you like, although it's helpful if they are at a 4:3 ratio because they will be streched to those proportions. Use the Studio to make a set of posters of your pictures, and you will get a Package for each poster set. (And you can have multiple pictures in one set.) Put the Loader and your package(s) into the game, then load it up. In Deco: wall hangings there will be some new CC. Pick a poster frame (Large or small, Portrait or landscape) and hang it on the wall. Click it to buy your posters. Put the poster you want into the frame.
(And I've already made dozens of posters with no intention of stopping any time soon.) Drawback: you need to be at 1.67. But I had to update to that point anyway for a different mod I really wanted, so I was fine with that.

2. Texture Tweaker, with s3oc. It's not quite as "point and click" as the Poster Set, but it's easy. Clone a picture from in-game, giving it a new name. Open it in Texture Tweaker. Export the image to edit. Replace just the actual picture portion of the image with the picture you want. Import the new image to replace. Plop the resulting package into your game to see how it looks. You do need to be able to work with a DDS image, but there are several free editors that have that ability.

3. And then you can go whole hog and just edit a picture with s3pe.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 6:54 AM
Many thanks Ghost, this is what I wanted to know.
Have a nice day,
whisper11