Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:31 PM
Default Apartment design/implement help needed!
OK so, I'm trying to make apartment buildings that are 100% usable, with the help of Ani's Apartment Controller mod. Long story short, how can I make it so that each floor is a separate unit, for separate "families" as designated by the Apartment Controller, with the goal of (hopefully) allowing more Sims to live in my CAW project world, without needing a separate building for each family to live in?

(PS: Although I mentioned CAW in this post, theoretically it could apply to Edit Town mode in any TS3 world, so that's why this topic was placed in the General section).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 10:54 PM
I have Ani_'s apartment mod downloaded but haven't tried it out yet. But there are a few lockable door options that should make it easier for you -- I think you would just have to make sure that all doors are modded lockable doors if you don't want constant feet stamping from Sims trying to access bathrooms or bedrooms that are not in their apartment.

There's the MoDoor: http://modthesims.info/d/485201
Also the beta version of NRaaS GoHere mod which has an in-depth filter system so you can pretty much choose any type of Sim to lock out: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/GoHere+Testing
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 12:57 AM
I wouldn't recommend MoDoor. One of the things that inspired our lead developer to work on what is now the beta testing version of GoHere is that MoDoor is obsolete and just doesn't function on current patch levels for most players.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 2:32 AM
OK, but is there a way, if, say I were to build a 5-story (max!) apartment building, one family occupies the third floor two-bedroom apartment (with rent specified via the Apartment Mod) and the Sims in that household know that's their apartment, and a family of four living on the fourth floor three-bedroom apartment knowing that's theirs? Could I get it so that tenants living on one floor can visit a neighbour on another floor in the same building? One living unit would occupy an entire floor so there would at absolute max be 5 units on ground level or above, and four basement units, although Ani's apartment mod allows for only eight people to move in as "tenants" at once, originally all as one family but possible to separate after the move.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:36 AM
I wonder if there's any way of further developing ani's mod so that people won't need to fiddle as much.

Ideally, it would be best if it were possible to activate the apartment mod, and then afterwards, any families dropped onto the lot would be automatically considered as separate.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 5:21 AM
Yeah, I see your point there...I have no experience in programming (well, to be COMPLETELY accurate all I've ever done is make simple tutorial exercise programs while trying to learn BASIC for 3DS) so someone else would have to do the work in that regard...
Scholar
#7 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 2:19 PM
You can separate the units by locking the main door (if there's just one) or all doors that go to the rooms related to the apartment unit from the public space and only allow the appropriate family members. For visiting, there's no knocking at the doors or inviting in, you'll have to unlock the doors for your visitors and probably switch back and forth between the families to get everyone where you want them.
Also, fridges are considered free for all by game design so everything that's stored inside, leftovers or groceries, can be accessed from every fridge at the lot.
Another problem can be families with toddlers. If they are tired, random neighbors will try to put them in a crib and either complain in front of locked doors or kidnap them and put them in their own crib if there's one in their apartment unit.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff