Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:51 PM
Amanzimtoti International Airport Update
Thanks to all the comments that I have received. Here is an update to the changes that I have made. The Airport now have lifts and stairs to the various levels. I also designed my own Airport direction signs with the use of Milkshape and TSR. The Main entrance area now have a high ceiling area and two separate waiting lounges. From the Departure lounge access to the two Aircraft via the connection tube. A new Baggage claim area are also included.
The following areas are in the Airport - Main lobby, Toilet facilities on both sides, Bookshop and Gifts with a book merchant, Winery with seating and Nectary merchant, Food - Restaurant with Food merchant, Airport Lounge with a Mixologest, Two phone booths, Check-in area, Departure lounge, View lobby, And Airport traffic control on the top floor. Added to the Airport is a Night Life train station. The Lear Jet is part of the Graham_Airport_Package available at http://modthesims.info/t/433217. Comments welcome.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 4:54 AM
Okay, so, I love the structure itself and I like the addition of the Late Nigh tube station. And I love the new signs

My first and major critique is that nothing seems to be CAS'ed, which I personally find rather distracting.
Also, I find the lights to be really busy to look at, and I'm wondering if you would ever find lights like that in an airport, apart from some minor, exclusive looking areas...
I still think you could do more with the floors, i.e. make isles in different textures etc..
I might be wrong, but I would think the boarding tube should somehow be connected to the wall next to it. It seems like an odd hole.

You've got loads of potential here - I can tell it's a lot of work, so keep it up, okay? I'm looking forward to an update
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
Okay, so, I love the structure itself and I like the addition of the Late Nigh tube station. And I love the new signs

My first and major critique is that nothing seems to be CAS'ed, which I personally find rather distracting.
Also, I find the lights to be really busy to look at, and I'm wondering if you would ever find lights like that in an airport, apart from some minor, exclusive looking areas...
I still think you could do more with the floors, i.e. make isles in different textures etc..
I might be wrong, but I would think the boarding tube should somehow be connected to the wall next to it. It seems like an odd hole.

You've got loads of potential here - I can tell it's a lot of work, so keep it up, okay? I'm looking forward to an update

Thanks for the comments - just one thing I am not sure about is CAS'ed
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:24 AM
CAS is the colour wheel.

It looks amazing but i think you could change the colours and textures up a bit using the colour wheel. It'll look ten times better once you figure out a colour scheme for the rooms/ overall airport.

I agree and echo a lot of sentiments Tigerdyhr has made especially in regards to the lights. I would use spotlights for most areas instead and use impressive lights sparingly according to the room. I might add some more decoration especially the food court and bar area. It seems plain to my tastes. I might even add a computer for the check-in area only for more realism.

Keep up the good work
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:54 AM
Yep, what Myshia said - Create A Style - a girl's best friend in Sims 3
Alchemist
#6 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
Yep, what Myshia said - Create A Style - a girl's best friend in Sims 3

So I'm a girl then.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#7 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:03 PM
...and guys with taste, obviously. I could've sworn I mentioned that *cough*