Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 6:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Downloaded Sims - Blackscreen Sims dont work
Hello guys,
my Problem is, that downloaded sims make my game blackscreen. i know how to fix this issue but my question is, what could be the reason for this? normaly it worked every time on my old computer. every download like walls, pattern, flatscreens, lots, worlds, clothes and so on are working without any problems. just downloaded sims dont work . sure i can use my own "creations" but my problem is that my created sims are just UGLY cause i m really bad at creating them. Mods are working too, its really just the downloaded sims which wont work

Pc Setup:
-AMD FX-6300
-Nvidia Geforce 660 GTX
-8 GB Corsair Ram
-Asrock Motherboard (sorry dont know exactly name)
-700 Watt BeQuit
-Win7 64bit

Greets axess

P.S. sorry for my bad english
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:03 AM
Are you saying you get black screen when you load the game? Via Launcher or bypassing it?

OR

Are you saying you get black-skinned Sims and they don't work?

For the black screen issue - remove the downloadedsim index file - more in Game Help:Sims 3 Delete Cache Fileswiki. Yes, you need to repeat this step every time you download a new Sim. And bypass Launcher if you don't have a Digital Download version.
For the black-skinned Sim - did you also download any custom skins the creator specify?