Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 7309 times.
The pouncing cat
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2013 at 12:50 AM Last edited by King_Deadly : 5th May 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Default (Tutorial) How to build a pool on a Foundation
How to build a pool on a Foundation

Step 1
Locate where you want the foundation for the pool. In my case I'm gonna do it on a empty lot

Step 2
Place a foundation that's large enough for the pool you're going to make. You won't be able to expand the pool afterwards if you do an infinity pool.

Step 3
Get the pool tool and drag over the foundation the pool size you want. You can make the pool even to the edge of the foundation

So as you can see because the pool is as deep as 1 story so the surrounding terrian will steep down. A cool thing about this is that you can go down a floor and see the pool floor!

Step 4
Turn on this cheat constrainfloorelevation false and then level the terrain and then the foundation. edge per edge

Step 5
After you flatten the terrain and foundation surrounding the pool, make sure to leave one part of the pool floor flat if you want to CFE the pool floor so your sims can enter if not it will cause some routing problems and your sim will say it can't enter.

And then after the pool terrain and foundation top are looking perfect, you can accessorize your pool with a diving board, or pool ladder, or none and let you sim enter and exit without those. Anything your little heart desires

^ Just a preview of a pool I did doing this method

Have fun simmerbuilding community! peace ~King_Deadly

I did not choose the cat life, The cat life chose me
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 9:01 AM
Brilliant...!
very nice try and successfully chased...! Congrates
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:54 AM
I will keep it in mind thanks for sharing the information.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:46 AM
it's not allow me to drag the pool over the foundation. what should i do?