Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#151 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:34 PM
Good thing I discovered this thread. I had a sim that did a little flirting whit a waiter in a downtown restaurang. Now I know that's a bad thing to do. Anyway, flirting was quite impossible as the man was working and my sim could not call him so instead she payed the full price to the dateservice and had a date whit the male gardener. Female maids is added to two of my failys. It's a little sad that they lose their jobs when they move in. Townies never lose their jobs so I don't understand why they did.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:55 PM
According to the list in the first post(assuming it has been properly updated) waiters are perfectly fine to add to the family.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Scholar
#153 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 10:39 PM
Okey, I did a misstake there. Anyway, he was to hard to get in contact whit so I droped the idea.
Scholar
#154 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Good thing I discovered this thread. I had a sim that did a little flirting whit a waiter in a downtown restaurang. Now I know that's a bad thing to do. Anyway, flirting was quite impossible as the man was working and my sim could not call him so instead she payed the full price to the dateservice and had a date whit the male gardener. Female maids is added to two of my failys. It's a little sad that they lose their jobs when they move in. Townies never lose their jobs so I don't understand why they did.

there is a custom career available on here for the maids, gardeners etc after they move into households. If you wanted them to continue working the same job...

pack 1- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=294443

pack 2- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=328682

Forum Resident
#155 Old 9th Feb 2012 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
there is a custom career available on here for the maids, gardeners etc after they move into households. If you wanted them to continue working the same job...

pack 1- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=294443

pack 2- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=328682

Funny that you post those. I was just looking at them yesterday and considering them for my game. I don't really date/move in service NPCs, though. Don Lothario does have a want to 'Whoohoo 5 service sims' now that I think about it..hmmm

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Test Subject
#156 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
I can only say this is my personal experience, but:

Professors -- appear to be fine. I've had sims flirt/date professors with no issues, although I've never moved/married one in.

Streakers -- possibly iffy. I've married one in, and their character file got shredded/corrupted soon after they were made playable.

Landlords/ladies -- possibly iffy. Like the streaker, I've only married one in and their character file got shredded/corrupted soon after they were made playable.

Hotel staff -- I once had the sim at the check-in desk given as a top match for a sim, but any attempts at interaction with him just gave errors.

Hobby lot mavens -- appears to be safe, no issues from what I recall.

Pet Delivery sim (is that the same as the police officer?) -- appears to be safe. Married in to a family with no issues.

I know this post is old as all heck, but I once married one of the "top hobbyists" - the only issue I had is that they say they have "$$$" but only bring in $1 >_>
Was not so good for my legacy.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#157 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carolyns-Mewmix
I know this post is old as all heck, but I once married one of the "top hobbyists" - the only issue I had is that they say they have "$$$" but only bring in $1 >_>
Was not so good for my legacy.

The lying toerag.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#158 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:32 PM
I actually should not participate, but my mouth is too big.

Why people is always worried about what's safe? We all get bored and in a way, we always want to do something that are not allowed, was not implemented in the boxed game. We always add mods, hacks and other items that we don't even know if it is going to bork the game or not, until someone says it.

We all know that including meshes that are not part of the game, they will soon or later become "Out of fashion" and we will want to remove them.

We all know that people create new game features that are not completely safe, but we add them, well, because we are bored.

The Only safe way to play the game, is to install and play the way EA created it. Do you know Anyone that does this?

The only reason that this game is still alive, 3 years after oficially declared dead, is that we make a lot of mistakes all the time and this is what is the real FUN! When you make mistakes, you have something to go online and communicate with other players.

I don't play this game to be safe!

If I wanted to be safe, I would get a daytime job as portier of a Cemetery. Why? It is the only place no one would enter, intended to kill someone!
Scholar
#159 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Why people is always worried about what's safe? We all get bored and in a way, we always want to do something that are not allowed, was not implemented in the boxed game. We always add mods, hacks and other items that we don't even know if it is going to bork the game or not, until someone says it.
We all know that people create new game features that are not completely safe, but we add them, well, because we are bored.

The point of this thread, as I understand it, is to help teach others how to prevent 'game borking'. It's not about 'being bored' or just taking risks with cc. If you develop problems with cc, well it's more than likely fixable, you just have to spend a buttload of time going thru your downloads to find it (something I have been doing for the last month ) If you marry in fro example Grim or Crumplebottom, you will destroy your game. Maybe even beyond repair. How is that fun?

Mad Poster
#160 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:42 PM
The Only safe way to play the game, is to install and play the way EA created it.

Well, even that's not true. A vanilla, unmodded game allows you to do many many things that will corrupt your game, such as deleting graves and moving occupied lots between neighbourhoods. And I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure bad things would happen if you attempted to have a sim resurrect many dead Strangetown characters.
Mad Poster
#161 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Darby : 12th Feb 2012 at 6:58 PM.
Why people is always worried about what's safe? We all get bored and in a way, we always want to do something that are not allowed...<snip>

This is sooooo not about doing a few risky things out of boredom because it's fun. It's about saving players, where possible, having to scrap a neighborhood they've been playing for a long time, perhaps several generations old, because it has become corrupted by things the player did not know how to avoid. (eta: Actually, it's more like making it possible for players to get a neighborhood beyond the first generation or two in the first place!)

Experimentation is fun, but I recently found out the hard way that some types of experimentation will mess the game up so badly that it has to be reinstalled to undo the damage, even when such testing is done in a test 'hood only. That sort of thing is important for ALL players to know about, including players who reset 'hoods often and thus aren't concerned with neighborhood longevity and stability, because even that type of player isn't keen on having to reinstall.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 7:45 PM
*i hope Mootilda would read this so that she would this to the list on pg 3*

AFAIK, the butlers and barristers are safe, but are annoying since they barge into peoples' homes without knocking or even knowing those sims, they even call them even if they never met, okay maybe they're not safe, but i dont care anymore, because im sick of being too careful. :P
Inventor
#163 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
Other Marriageable NPC's
Bigfoot

That would be a sad marriage, since Bigfoot appears to have no marriage equipment.
Theorist
#164 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:34 AM Last edited by vhanster : 13th Feb 2012 at 2:12 AM.
I've never had any Sim marry any NPC besides the maids and gardeners, but I used to think that anyone who is selectable and can appear in your relationship list can be moved in/married without issues; I guess that's not the case...

Which reminds me, is it possible to make an animal NPC, like wolves, skunk and penguins, move in with you? I'm not talking about marriage here... but then again, SimPE regards ALL NPCs as a human, so theoretically it should be possible to marry them? even if it *may* cause irreparable damage to the game...
Scholar
#165 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:18 AM
if I used Simple to extract one of the sims listed as dangerous, will that cause borking as well?? Or is it just the appearance of the sim that is extracted?

Mad Poster
#166 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Which reminds me, is it possible to make an animal NPC, like wolves, skunk and penguins, move in with you? I'm not talking about marriage here... but then again, SimPE regards ALL NPCs as a human, so theoretically it should be possible to marry them? even if it *may* cause irreparable damage to the game...

The name for this thread is old and out-dated. The discussion has long since gone from marriage specifically, to adding NPCs to families (making them playable) in general.

Most sims that can be befriended and asked to move in/get engaged/marry without cheats are "safe". (Social Worker is at least one exception to this. She can be befriended and moved in, but it's not safe to do so.)

Obviously, the NPCs that don't have the usual interactions, and thus cannot be befriended without resorting to cheats, should be left alone, except for whatever non-cheat interactions are available to them.

From that, you can answer the question about the skunk and the penguin yourself. Not only can they not be added to a family without cheats, they're on the particularly bad list of NPCs that will bork your entire game, ALL 'hoods, at the level of the installation files, if you mess with them. We're talking reinstallation as the only fix.

Wolves, on the other hand, can be adopted just like regular strays. There's not really anything particularly special about wolves. They differ from regular dogs only in that they all have the same personality, can be "summoned" by werewolves, and are drawn to lots with infants and toddlers. But that's it. They make fine pets, once you train the aggression out of 'em.
Theorist
#167 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Drama profs (flirt), nannies (insane), gypsies (spit-polish), diva/mr.big (primp), slob (belch/fart)

What does it mean that nannies are 'insane'?
Mad Poster
#168 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 1:59 PM
Have you ever seen one in action, Babs? Most of them display behavior that makes no sense (though I do have one good nanny in my hood). And their autonomous behavior doesn't change when you move them in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#169 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:06 PM
I think "Insane" is quite a strong word but the nannys are quite useless. They are supposed to take care of the chilren but instead the prepere food for themself, read newspaper, watch tv or stuff like that. They do, however, clean upp quite good so they are quite like a maid. (Sorry if I did make the thread go a little off topic).
Mad Poster
#170 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
slob (belch/fart)

Who's that?
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Who's that?

Its these people that came with NL dressed is pajama types clothes that look a bit dirty and they're really lazy or something, never interacted with one but I've seen them a couple times.
Mad Poster
#172 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:28 PM
NL gave us not only Mr. Big and The Diva, but two "slobs" - one male, one female. They show up on Downtown community lots in ratty, dirty pajamas. They have sloppy, lazy personalities.

The default female Slob has skintone 3 (I think) and the short red bob with bangs. Red pajama pants, and filthy llama pajama t-shirt. The default male Slob is in red tartan pajama pants and a ratty plaid pajama shirt, I believe. He has short blond hair.

Ninja'd by Gcgb.
Theorist
#173 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Have you ever seen one in action, Babs? Most of them display behavior that makes no sense (though I do have one good nanny in my hood). And their autonomous behavior doesn't change when you move them in.

I didn't notice anything insane. They just tend to kids and watch TV in-between. So I wonder how they behave upon moving in so that it deserved the word insane. Do they keep autonomously wandering around the house?
Instructor
#174 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:07 PM
EA ought to have put out a guide about these things, you think?

Why people is always worried about what's safe?

The Only safe way to play the game, is to install and play the way EA created it. Do you know Anyone that does this?

#1: Are you out of your mind? There are Simmers who have generation after generation, multiple families spread across an entire hood, that they cherish, much like a car enthusiast would be devastated by the loss of a favorite vehicle. Some Simmers get emotionally invested in their game. I remember the first time I had a Sim die. I cried because he was a favorite. I don't go so far as to give all my Sims immortality. That would be boring, like the original The Sims game was after a while. Sure, the full range of expansions don't cost as much as a classic car in mint condition, but it is the time spent that matters. I would hate to lose a hood that I've been playing for a few years.

#2: Did you know that given proper attention to detail, Mods are actually quite safe? By this point in time, most of the Mods really worth getting have been updated. Yes we still need to be cautious that we don't mix mods that have anything to do with the same functions, but that is usually regularly brought up in the mod descriptions. I don't just add a mod whenever I get bored. I do my homework first and check to make sure I'm doing things correctly first to make sure it works. Once installed properly, Mods can make the game even more interesting than it would be otherwise. There are mods that do all sorts of wonderful things that aren't nearly so dangerous as deleting a family from a family bin, or getting Crumplebottom bitten by a vampire, or adding Grim to a family.

#3: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! You think the game as EA made it is flawless? Puh-leeze. The base game and every single expansion, plus Family Fun stuff had at least one official patch that has to be installed, preferably in order as you do a fresh install of the game for best results. Oh and you wanna know the funniest part? The other stuff packs beside Family Fun could use a patch too. More than one item in IKEA stuff is flawed. A rug in that stuff pack won't show the fringe on both sides once placed on the floor. Oh and guess how long it took EA to put out the patches. I seem to recall waiting through an entire Summer for EA to patch University. That particular expansion came out in early 2005. Actually in early March, I believe it was. I remember because it came out right around my Birthday. Guess who made it so that we could play while we waited for EA to drag their clumsy corporate feet and put out a patch. Modders! Yes, the people you accuse of ruining our games. A Modder even found a quick fix for an issue that was popping up if any "bored" Simmer accidentally saved while a Sim was playing with the remote control car.

So please, don't say that the only reason to worry about hood corruption is if we use Mods. If it weren't for Modders we probably wouldn't know what was causing certain issues and how to fix them. Many fixes for issues within the game and expansions were made by Modders long before EA got to fixing the issues like they ought to have done before the game and each expansion were put on store shelves. TS2 is a game that thrives on customization and so many people have stuck with it because it can be easily modified to make a more interesting/realistic/challanging/easier/smoother gameplay experience. So don't say that the customization community is wrong for fretting about the things that could spell disaster for a player's 50 generation family. Really, the community ought to be paid by EA for being the crutch that kept the game going even when our Sims were spontaneously combusting for no apparent reason.

That is all I have to say on that subject.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 8:19 PM Last edited by StarlightBeauty : 16th Mar 2012 at 8:52 PM.
I wish I would of seen this earlier!
I completely borked my neighbourhood by adding witch doctor (Once you add him he is IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of), Spectral Cat ( Scariest character ever. Floating cat that is treated like a sim and loves to tell dirty jokes), Therapist (He takes up space and is invisible/unplayable), Repoman (I didn't notice anything until I noticed lots of interactions were missing and suddenly errors everywhere) So much for that legacy family. If I tried moving them out they would reset and be locked in living hell. Then of course when trying to fly they'd reset. I also tried adding Hula Zombie but I don't know how the heck you all do it. It gives me an error message/reset everytime... I remember being able to tell I messed up my game was when I would play one of the premade sims (who was a child, forgot her name). Then everytime I tried to age her up, the grim reaper would call on her birthday, say "is <insert name> there?" and if she picked up the phone, she would ALWAYS die. I kept on getting angry and resetting it, but she would still get that death call everytime. And he wouldn't stop calling either until she was dead.
Does anyone know the purpose of Spectral Cat/"Good witch cat"? Other than being creepy, of course.

"What could I do? What should I do? What could I... what should I... It's not like I'm crying or anything! I love you!" ~Love Is War
Page 7 of 18