Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#376 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
The Social Worker (and only the Social Worker, at least amongst the NPCs) has been known (rarely, and possibly in strange circumstances) to appear as a blind date. As I understand it, the wiki's current advice is to cancel such a date immediately and not attempt to continue it. I don't know if the Social Worker has any options she doesn't normally have in that instance or whether anything game-damaging would remain after cancellation.

How do you cancel the date? Doesn't that mean you should interact with her to cancel it?

My advice is to save the game before asking the gypsy for a date, that way you could just easily quit without saving.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#377 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
My advice is to save the game before asking the gypsy for a date, that way you could just easily quit without saving.

Except if you leave the lot to go on the date, the game saves automatically. Are you sure there's that much of a problem with the SW? After all, she is not a universal NPC. Agreed, because she doesn't have a name it's probable she doesn't have the normal interactions available (like the drivers, even though they *do* have names) but I'm not sure saving something into her neighbourhood sim file is that much of an issue. Certainly, social workers (like drivers and other non-named NPCs) gain memories in the normal way - i.e. if they are on lot and something happens. They shouldn't normally gain SRels though.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#378 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 4:17 PM
How do you cancel the date? Doesn't that mean you should interact with her to cancel it?

For some reason I'd got it into my head that a) it was possible to do that and b) I'd got that from the wiki. I am wrong on both counts, and apologise. The wiki says not to move in the Social Worker, but indicates the problem is incomplete character data rather than being an object.

Deleting the social worker using the move objects cheat is possible and would prevent a relationship from occurring during a date. Though if it's simply a question of an incomplete file, it's not 100% clear if a relationship by itself would pose danger.
Mad Poster
#379 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 4:19 PM
Another one of my concerns, ieta_cassiopeia, is the date timer. What happens to the timer?
Mad Poster
#380 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:37 PM
It seems that we also forgot to add the high witches (good and evil) to the lists here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...m_to_Households

Which one should we add them to? Safe? Annoying? Not Safe? Believed not safe?

If we go by the rule of 'If a sim has a normal name and interactions', well, she does have a name, but its followed by the title. And I believe you can normally interact with her just like any other sim, but is there anything else we should know? Like behavior issues?
Mad Poster
#381 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:38 PM
I hope they're safe. One of my Romance sims seduced the evil warlock.
Mad Poster
#382 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:26 PM
I believe the high witches are just like the grand vamps, the slobs, Mr. Big, The Diva, etc.. They can be befriended, moved in, married, whatever, and the game will create new ones.
Mad Poster
#383 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:36 PM
Yeah; if you make a playable a witch, she gets the title along with the hat and the outfit, so the title counts as a normal name for witches.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#384 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:39 PM
Yea, I've wooed and won most of those; when they move in they have random skills and jobs; odd though, it will say they have like 34 friends, but only 10 people show in the bank of people they know/can call.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#385 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I believe the high witches are just like the grand vamps, the slobs, Mr. Big, The Diva, etc.. They can be befriended, moved in, married, whatever, and the game will create new ones.

Oh! Those three (in bold) are not in the list either, I guess I can put them all under Safe.
Mad Poster
#386 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 7:41 AM
Sorry for the double post and necro but I just had to be sure:

Ok, so the DJs are not in the list and I'm not sure where I read this, but some people claim they're not safe. However, going by the "rule of thumb": they have names, they can interact with others (I've seen some talk autonomously with others), but they can't be interacted with using all interactions. Some of them can't be interacted with in anyway.

So my questions is: which category should we add them to? And are they safe to interact with? They definitely don't seem safe enough to add to a family.
Mad Poster
#387 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 2:14 PM
If you can't interact with them, don't risk exerting yourself to do it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#388 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 5:49 PM
Chefs (not the food stand chef) also have this oddity - they appear to have playable data but can't be interacted with at all. DJs get off when you tell a Sim to "Be the DJ!", but I've never attempted interacting with the DJ. Making them selectable would probably break something, but I'm not sure what or how serious it is. Kinda like making the landlord selectable and it breaks the landlord flag, so the game treats him as a visitor and he will wander inside your apartment to use your toilet.

One thing's for sure - neither of these Sims are universal Sims. If you'd like, you can create a throwaway hood and experiment.

P.S. Just because an NPC has a "real" name doesn't mean it's safe. Rod Humble, the carpool drivers, Santa Klaus, etc. have names and are not safe to play as. DON'T FALL UNDER THAT MISCONCEPTION!
Alchemist
#389 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 6:16 PM
You can't even interact with the carpool drivers so no one has to worry about that.

My sim married a chick from the gardening club, she had 1 simoleon ..
Alchemist
#390 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 6:20 PM
'' Nanny
Safe but will continue with insane behavior. ''

Insane behavior? I thought people just hated the nanny

'' Penguin ''

I did that on my old laptop, no wonder the neighborhood got all crazy
Mad Poster
#391 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Chefs (not the food stand chef) also have this oddity - they appear to have playable data but can't be interacted with at all. DJs get off when you tell a Sim to "Be the DJ!", but I've never attempted interacting with the DJ. Making them selectable would probably break something, but I'm not sure what or how serious it is. Kinda like making the landlord selectable and it breaks the landlord flag, so the game treats him as a visitor and he will wander inside your apartment to use your toilet.

One thing's for sure - neither of these Sims are universal Sims. If you'd like, you can create a throwaway hood and experiment.

P.S. Just because an NPC has a "real" name doesn't mean it's safe. Rod Humble, the carpool drivers, Santa Klaus, etc. have names and are not safe to play as. DON'T FALL UNDER THAT MISCONCEPTION!

I agree with you, and about telling your sims to be the DJ: I noticed that, once you do that, and if your sims doesn't get to the DJ podium in time, ANOTHER DJ will spawn. The previous DJ will just hang round. I quit without saving.

So, DJs will be added under the 'Believed NOT safe category'.

As for the Chef's, I never tried out with them. And they're under SAFE!
Mad Poster
#392 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 12:45 AM
The landlord should be safe, otherwise they wouldn't have the option to hang out with him/her after their shift if you've made friends.
Field Researcher
#393 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:17 AM
I agree with you, and about telling your sims to be the DJ: I noticed that, once you do that, and if your sims doesn't get to the DJ podium in time, ANOTHER DJ will spawn. The previous DJ will just hang round. I quit without saving.

I believe I've seen one of my DJs appear as a walkby several times, so I'd think they are safe. I haven't bothered interacting with them, though, so I cannot confirm this with certainty.
Field Researcher
#394 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have my Sims play DJ all the time and that has never happened. The DJ goes and hangs out at the bar or has dinner or something and interacts with the other Sims on the lot.
Mad Poster
#395 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
I have my Sims play DJ all the time and that has never happened. The DJ goes and hangs out at the bar or has dinner or something and interacts with the other Sims on the lot.

Yes, but just because he seems to act normal doesn't mean its still is safe for him to do that. Apparently, there is an issue with DJs spawning when a sim is directed to work as a DJ, once the first DJ leaves his post. Is there a fix for this? I'm gonna try and check around, but please, if anyone here knows of it, do link us to it.
Mad Poster
#396 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure you can interact with a chef. Whether it's "safe" I don't know.

Once, this Sim Phil Lawson was walking by my Sim's Garry McKay's house. Garry greeted him and he came in. It's a long time ago and I can't remember exactly what they did next, but I think Garry them influenced him to do the garden and then offered him a meal. (I'm not sure whether he ate it.) At the time I thought he was a townie. Only later did I realise that he was an NPC, and later still I identified him as the chef who had spawned when I created my first restaurant (before I had added a downtown). I also can't remember if I made him selectable, but if I did, it was after he had interacted with my Sim.

Whether there's any connection between that and my 'hood recently becoming corrupted -- who knows?
Mad Poster
#397 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 4:03 PM
Yes, but just because he seems to act normal doesn't mean its still is safe for him to do that. Apparently, there is an issue with DJs spawning when a sim is directed to work as a DJ, once the first DJ leaves his post. Is there a fix for this? I'm gonna try and check around, but please, if anyone here knows of it, do link us to it.

I've never seen that happen in my game when I have my sims DJ. My bet is in one of Pescado's fixes--maybe one of the no-regen ones or one of the Nightlife specific fixes. Pescado seems to take particular umbrage at excess spawning of sims.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#398 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 12:23 AM
I don't know if this adds something to the thread ( i do not think so) but I came to think about it earlier. Far back when I started to play the sims 2 I made a female sime Named Belsy Turner (still alive). I made her ask the gypsy for a female blind date at a very low cost and was surprised to see Mrs. Crumplebottom show up. I can not swear that it was her but it was VERY similar. So I thought: OK, this is wierd and put the date to an end. If Mrs C is an unsafe sim, why does she even belong to the available dates? (I have a hack now that stops her from appearing at all).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#399 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 1:26 AM
Mrs C always wears her special outfit so you would know if it was her. Getting her or the social worker or any of those special NPC's would be really bad for your game. This is why it pays to have your object and other installation files set to read only.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#400 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 4:21 PM
Steffi Trottier in my avatar isn't safe, and you can't actually interact with her.
Page 16 of 18