Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 8:09 PM Last edited by Legislacerator : 25th Apr 2014 at 8:36 PM.
I'll just quote what I said on another forum about a possible TS4 "subscription", since I think it sums up my thoughts on it...
Quote:
Even though the subscription thing has been debunked as a rumor...for now...I honestly wouldn't be surprised at something like that happening regardless - pay a flat rate and get access to all the extra content. I mean, come on, how many games nowadays offer a "season pass" that you pay ahead of time and then download the DLC later when it's released? I think some games are even selling season passes before any DLC comes out.

It's just a symptom of what's going on in the larger gaming world, really - it's weirder for a game to not have extra DLC these days than for it to immediately launch with extra purchaseable levels, characters, skins, etc. (or furniture or hairs, in the Sims' case).
I miss the days when you could buy a game and that was it, you got the whole goddamn game.

That's not to say that I agree with it, I hate this whole DLC culture nowadays and I was disgusted by the TS3 store having content for sale the day the game launched, but I wouldn't hold your breath on not seeing a "Sims 4 Season Pass" or something like that for sale. (although, they might not, because then they would make even more money from selling all the store contents individually...)

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 9:08 PM
I am glad I didn't take that survey. Looking at the graphic gives me a headache.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#28 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 3:28 AM
I hate Curtis Parody. He makes me feel VERY ashamed of playing Sims. Then I forget about him and remember that normal people play Sims too.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 4:17 AM
I was glad to see that the comments on that video were a resounding NO! to the whole subscription idea. Hopefully, EA is paying attention....

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#30 Old 1st May 2014 at 8:09 PM Last edited by ChinchillaJesus : 1st May 2014 at 8:20 PM.
If it's true I'll bitch slap someone.
Instructor
#31 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:16 PM
"NO"
Heck no. Its bad enough with the expensive store content, expansions, and stuff packs.
Alchemist
#32 Old 2nd May 2014 at 9:29 PM
Sims 2 looks more beautiful with every post I read.
Page 2 of 2