Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:54 PM
Default Well that's an interesting glitch:The swimming sim
I actually found a useful at least for me glitch. I had mermaid sim and I used terrain paint to the lot blue like an ocean. Then for the fun part. I put a sim in the swimming pool and then used the moveobjects on cheat to take them out and put them back on the land. They will swim thru the terrain with just there head sticking out.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:13 PM
Wow!!! You are the first player I ever read..that actually finds this useful lol. While everyone else seems so bugged at this glitch.
Good for you! hehehe

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:14 PM
That's not a new glitch. The problem is that when they stop swimming, they'll have the water effect around their necks, which you can't get away unless you reload the lot. They'll also have a very annoying knack of starting to swim again, on dry land...

The "swimming on land" glitch can be used to make swimmable "lakes" (with water terrain paint, pool ladder & board, and a good tutorial that gets you out of all the possible glitches). Done the right way, you don't get the water effect glitch when they get out of the water.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:17 PM
Oh yes..the swimmable lake?..transparent floor tiles and the like?
I made, built so many of them..I stopped. I could never make them realistic enough, and it always look so complicated with decks and smurfs..ugh.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 11:40 PM
I used to make them, too, but I got tired of the glitches...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I used to make them, too, but I got tired of the glitches...

Yeah...But I got my very first ghost though! I will always remember..Joe Carr...

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:16 AM
I have a swimmable lake on one of my community lots, and I've never had any problems with it - just a swimming pool inside a pond, with a little deck like a raised diving platform.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:00 PM
You also don't have to reload the lot to get rid of the water floating around their neck. If you just make them swim legitimately in the pool again and tell them to get out, the water disappears.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 3:32 PM
I had an interesting glitch too. I made a swimming pool within some foundation. They dived in but the steps were in the wrong place, so when they got out they were swimming in the foundation wherever they went. And when they went upstairs they had the water effect around their neck's. It was very funny :D

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!