Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 12:06 PM
Sounds like mum should take dad on a fishing trip.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:04 PM
My kids and toddlers all have distinct personalities, for the most part. I only wish they could cause more trouble, like real kids do.

One of my favorite lots to play are the daycares. I have one for toddlers and one for children. Beyond doing maxmotives, it's all hands off. It's surprisingly fun to watch and see which Sims and objects they gravitate towards, who likes to play alone, and who likes the group objects, like the dollhouse, who likes to sneak off to play in the toilet etc.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
To me, it's the toddlers who have less personality, meaning that, when left to their own devices, they'll all pretty much do the same things, regardless of their personalities.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the amount of personality that some toddlers have, in my 'hood. Obviously they are limited by the range of interactions they can do, and the objects they can interact with, but I find that I have some toddlers who constantly use skill-building toys, some who prefer purely fun toys like the doll-house/toy-box and some who follow (one or several) family members or other members of the household around. I've had some who love to dance and are constantly in front of the stereo if it's left on, and others who completely ignore stereos even if there's one on in the room they're in.

Admittedly, their personalities don't always remain consistent when they age up to children! :-(
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:32 PM
Oh, but that's quite realistic, actually. My son was a terribly shy and cautious toddler, but a loud and reckless child.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:39 PM
There are several mods to help with toddlers which I cannot do without. Here is a mod to stop the parents from lecturing the baby: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55837#msg155837
Several toddler annoyances fixed: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0
More toddler annoyances fixed: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....58775#msg158775
Allows children to get bottles for toddlers: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55830#msg155830

The toddler beds mentioned by joandsara77 are great because the toddlers can put themselves to bed and get out by themselves.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the amount of personality that some toddlers have, in my 'hood. Obviously they are limited by the range of interactions they can do, and the objects they can interact with, but I find that I have some toddlers who constantly use skill-building toys, some who prefer purely fun toys like the doll-house/toy-box and some who follow (one or several) family members or other members of the household around. I've had some who love to dance and are constantly in front of the stereo if it's left on, and others who completely ignore stereos even if there's one on in the room they're in.

Admittedly, their personalities don't always remain consistent when they age up to children! :-(

I find this as well. With the toddlers that I talked about on the other page now I notice that the boy when he isn't following mum or dad, only plays with the garage. That's by Leefish and is a group activity. His sister is more diverse using a number of the toys. So far none have tried for the toilet and the boy who is low motivation has free rein on what he does.

Of course with toddlers there is nothing available to them that they don't like. Be it a toy, a dog or a toilet, everything apart from the potty or bottle is something fun for them. A bit different when you tell a child to play chess and they walk to it slumped over.
Toddler personalities are more subtle but some most definitely have a thing for the toilet or a particular toy and others are more likely to be found following parents.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2