Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 6:16 AM
Default Deleting every npc
I'd like to play a game where only my family exists, but no matter what I do, there's always NPCs! Is there any way to delete all of them, FOREVER?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 5:54 PM
You are going to get mail carriers, paper carriers, and people manning registers, although I suppose Register can help there. I think SP can help with strays and wild horses.
If you start in an unpopulated world without using any Story Progression settings that encourage immigration, your world will stay very empty. Those are going to be CC worlds, as all of EA's worlds have population attached. But you can probably find emptied versions of those worlds.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 4:13 AM
Inactive residents can be removed with MC by using the Total Annihilation commands. But be warned that a single household alone in a world with no other residents is prone to erroring out -- one way this happens is when the game looks around for chess opponents for them (even if they don't want to play chess) and finds no one to even test for suitability outside of the household.

For true NPCs, the Role and Service sims, the homeless Showtime performers (if you have that EP), the service animals that populate the adoption rosters (whom you won't see in your world so maybe these won't be bothersome), the almost untouchables like taxi drivers and the Grim Reaper, those will not stay deleted. The game will just keep producing more for you and they will sometimes be called upon as extras to populate lots, if this world has any commercial lots, and simulate some level of world activity when your sims are out and about. If your entire world is a deserted island with a coconut tree, no roads, and not much else, then there won't be much use for the extras but the Service Sims will still be there patiently waiting for something to do.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 5:04 PM
For more information see Town Management for more detail which includes igazor's expanded explanation for NPCs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:13 AM
I keep killing them off and using SP to stop them from moving in, but they keep appearing. Would deleting every lot but my own help?
Inventor
#7 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
but the Service Sims will still be there patiently waiting for something to do.

That sounded really creepy!

It reminds that one time I used a "noclip" cheat and I found out most of the characters in the game were in a secret room, patiently waiting for the game to need them as you said.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
It reminds that one time I used a "noclip" cheat and I found out most of the characters in the game were in a secret room, patiently waiting for the game to need them as you said.

There's something really classic Twilight Zone about that creepy observation. Or was it classic Star Trek? Maybe it was both. I get them blurred together now, after so much passage of time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 8:24 AM
Well, I'm doing around getting rid of all the lots, because I am trying to get the feeling of, the first people in a town. Like, there is no one else ever there. Course, i know mail ppl will appearing, but I need a better fix then resetting my sim every 2 minutes after having her run around town with a pistol (modded) killing people. The resets are to not get arrested lol
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 101Asa
Well, I'm doing around getting rid of all the lots, because I am trying to get the feeling of, the first people in a town. Like, there is no one else ever there. Course, i know mail ppl will appearing, but I need a better fix then resetting my sim every 2 minutes after having her run around town with a pistol (modded) killing people. The resets are to not get arrested lol

The game might be kinder to you if you compromise and start out with three or four small resident households in town, not just one. If you place them yourself, they could even be related to each other -- say, one household for the parents (or grandparents) and three for their grown children or something like that. All of the other residents, if starting with a populated world, could be MasterController TA'ed or just evict them in Edit Town and hope they wander away. To prevent resident immigration, that could be through NRaas SP's Immigration Gauge set to zero as it is by default upon starting, or you could just arrange it so that there is nowhere for any new residents to live -- mark any residential lots you don't want to bulldoze as Player Ownable in Edit Town and/or pull out their refrigerators and no one should try to move in there.

The career rabbit holes might be tricky if you leave any in place as sometimes the game will spawn homeless sims to take up career slots in those if there aren't any residents to do so. But perhaps a town just starting out doesn't need all those rabbit holes in the beginning.

The murder sprees might be fun too, I suppose, but it's not the only approach worth considering.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 10:34 PM
Well, I deleted all the houses, left a few shops, killed everyone, and plan to try and have my sims work at the places. Or at least her enslaved humans/fairies. Vampires are master race, followed by witches, werewolves, and then faeries and humans. 14 default humans joined the town for no reason, but I figured that they can stay. But if they get in my way, they will die.