Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That's actually fairly easy to do with SimPE. I have a tutorial link somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

This would be fantastic! I have so much decorative stuff that I'd love to hide from the main catalog but still have access to it when I need it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 19th May 2012 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TortureTheNannies
How well does a computer run with 64 gigabytes of custom content? Although some machines have several gigs, i know no one runs a 64 gigabyte block of RAM. Do you notice any freezing, hard drive thrasing, complains of low memory? I know the game runs in about 1 to 2 gigs of RAM. I want to be "addicted" to dozens of custom clothing outfits, but I'm reluctant to stress the computer system. My current set of CC is dominated by fix-a-bug, change-that, hacks and scripts.

You don't need that much RAM to run the game smoothly. The GB amount of CC and the amount of RAM don't have to correlate. For example, with 40 GB of CC, you can run it smoothly with 3 GB of RAM, tried and true, on highest settings. (Not that that's the only factor into a nicely-running game.) There's no lag, no freezing, no NOTHING. This is on my supercomputer. It runs some of the best stuff we can find, and was a little birthday present to me from my boyfriend after my other computer had harddrive issues. :3 There is a thing you can do to allow it to use as much RAM as it wants, so it has no reason for it to crash except for stupid things like lots I know are a bit buggy. Sometimes that just happens. But overall it runs nicely.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#78 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:13 AM
I've been playing an Apocalypse Challenge, so my current weakness is grungy stuff. So, needless to say, I've raided the Apocalypse theme on GoS as well the blogs of (to name a few) Psychosim, Ghanima Atreides, and Javiera.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#79 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alijah
This would be fantastic! I have so much decorative stuff that I'd love to hide from the main catalog but still have access to it when I need it.

I had a look for it but though I thought I had bookmarked it, I, apparently, hadn't. I might have DL a text version. I'll have another look.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#80 Old 19th May 2012 at 11:26 PM
My weaknesses? Maxis completer sets that are slaved to the original Maxis piece. As in, say, a coffee table that matches one of the end tables that doesn't already have a matching coffee table. Or a table lamp that matches a floor lamp. Stuff like that. I download every single one I find. Because I like the EAxis furniture quite well in terms of the meshes themselves, but I also like sets, a concept that EAxis just didn't seem to get, damn it.

And eyes. I'm a sucker for photorealistic-y eyes. That's about the only BodyShop thing I'm really into, although I did once have a fascination with downloading eyeglasses, for some reason. Unlike most others, it seems, I'm really not into having a ton of custom clothes and hairs, partly because they take up a lot of space but mostly because it's just not what I really care about...although I do like the defaults I have that replace the icky Maxis colors on Maxis hairs with better ones... Some of Pooklet's, I think they are. If I do download clothes and/or hair, it's generally for men, because I think EAxis really gave them short shrift, the poor dears.

And mods. I don't even want to think about how many mods I have. Mostly, I go for ones that make behavior more logical, both in terms of the Sims and the game itself. (Like, for instance, one that makes toddlers sleep through the night. Or one that makes it so that watering plants -- not harvestables but just flowers -- and trimming shrubs builds gardening badge points. I mean, why shouldn't it?) Also, I go for ones that makes Sims' lives harder, not easier.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
#81 Old 20th May 2012 at 1:18 AM Last edited by Dizzy-noodles : 20th May 2012 at 1:52 AM.
Hiya

Mine is definitely formal dresses for the ladies! I have millions, they're so pretty :lovestruc

I also have loads of accessories for some reason, kind of by accident!

Also when I get a bit bored of playing, I go on download sprees!

You know you have a problem when you re-visit sites old downloads and find more stuff to download, that you didn't want the first 3 times you looked at it! lol!

PS thanks for the link, I needed more alcohol stuff! Well my self-sim has to be realistic ;p
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 21st May 2012 at 7:11 AM
Mostly hair and eyes (i have a weird obsession with eyes/eye colors), even though I know I'll never use most of them, especially the eyes unless they're townified and I move in a townie that has them (unlikely), and I still download ones that aren't townified too...

Then sometimes I'll get obsessed with a certain style of clothing and download tons of it, also to never be used because soon I don't like them as much anymore...
Field Researcher
#83 Old 21st May 2012 at 9:24 AM
Clutter. Definitely clutter. I've just reinstalled TS2, and I've been spoiled by TS3's nice CAS graphics; so I'm determined to find something to make nice Sims with. But no, I've downloaded one hair. Just one. And 50+ decorative clutter items.

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Scholar
#84 Old 21st May 2012 at 12:21 PM
when I first learned about cc it was Hair & Medivel/Victorian clothing, now it's anything grungy/apox-like (playing Apox challenge) still mad about hair of almost any variety, but have really learned to appreciate quality work! Turned into bit of a snob that way lol....over the last month it's been mods/hacks, just about anything that will improve gameplay or make it more interesting.
Test Subject
#85 Old 21st May 2012 at 2:14 PM
At the moment, everything! Until recently I did not use any CC whatsoever. I discovered it back in about 2005, via the exchange (*shudder*), and I vividly remember my 15 year old self wincing in horror at the photoskinned, skin-tight clothing and hooker make-up that adorned every sim I could see. That put me off for quite some time! But now I have discovered lovely, shiny, good quality CC! And clean templates! And lots of magical mods and fixes that stop my game from breaking! *happy dance*
I suppose if I had to pick one thing, it would be good quality, maxis-match hair. And bedding. I love pretty bedding!
Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 2:18 AM
Mine is definitely hair, clothes, and sims. And its hilarious because it was a LONG time after I started playing sims before I even attempted to download any CC and at first I didn't know how to do it, so none of the stuff worked and I quit. Then my friend showed me how to do it and now I go on ridiculous CC splurges. And I look at the maxis stuff now and think "How did I ever think these hairstyles were cute???" Now I have to have monthly clean outs of custom content, but as soon as I organize everything, I have fifteen tabs of content I want to download pulled up and ready to go.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 2:34 AM
Instructor
#88 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 3:50 PM
you name it! I have lots of files! Hacks, clothes anything!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Forum Resident
#89 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Someone linked to a tumblr that had conversions TS3 ->TS2 conversions and I had to have almost all the furniture, appliances and decorations.

Now I really have to find a way to make more room on my C:
At the moment just 11 GB free space left. That hás to become more to make room for more things in my download folder.

And I especially am hooked on hair, appliances for kitchen and bathroom and stuff for babies and kids cc.
Instructor
#90 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:18 PM
My huge weakness is female hair - and ones with high poly counts too!
Field Researcher
#91 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:51 PM
Furniture. Especially when it completes the very lacking EAxian collections.
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:31 AM
custom foods , can never have enough variety, what with sims 3 that kind of cc is nearly dead
Field Researcher
#93 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 12:59 AM Last edited by NaeShelle : 12th Jul 2012 at 1:18 AM.
My weakness? Any and everything for toddlers. More importantly, any and everything for the nursery that the toddler will be staying in. (Each child has their own nursery; and I like having quadruplets. Multiple times.)

New bookshelves, refrigerators (yes, the fridge goes in the nursery), chairs, bedding sets, cribs, play-pens, toys, highchairs, etc.

If it's for the toddler, I want it. And I have way too much of it as it is.

Oh, and, absolutely any lot by triciamanly. The woman is a God-sent (especially for us poor souls with only the BG). I love huge houses, but, don't have the time/want to go out an pay for EP's at the moment, so, I love what she's able to do with little/no CC (not that I mind using it, obviously) and just the BG. Makes me all smiley. :D

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:12 AM
Pretty much everything? I don't think there is any area not overflowing with custom content. Certainly hair and clothing takes up a large chunk and then there is historical cc, recolours of maxis items, completer sets, food, converted TS3 to Ts2 stuff, extracted castaway stuff, defaults, accessories, furniture, deco, cars, walls, floors, mods, baby clothes, toddler toys...Is there any area that doesn't have custom content? I guess I don't have a lighting (I do have one downloaded though) or camera mod. Skins are fairly light on as I'm maxis match mostly and quite happy with most of the maxis skins. Face templates are also light on, I only have two extra elf types and no defaults templates.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#95 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 11:41 AM
My weakness definitely is female hair. It can be painful trying to find something in that mess that is my hair folder. But I've cut off the downloading completely for now. Not just hair, everything. I don't know how I managed to do that but it's working.
Instructor
#96 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 1:26 PM
Lately, my new weakness has become elder clothes. I've found some really nice stuff here and All About Style. Clothes that are respectable and nice to look at. I never really played elders until my first gen aged up, and I'm so fond of her, and I really hated that track suit she grew into so I had to find something enjoyable. However, recently I've taken out all major hacks except for Inteen. I took out ACR and several others along with about 100 different clothes types and while I have 3.64GB of files/folders I did have a good 5GB. I've got 2 download folders. One on my desktop and one in the normal place. I've been watching what I put in lately to make sure of no conflicts. I'm just glad I have a good memory otherwise I'd probably download lots of doubles.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 3:39 PM
For the last weeks I have been looking for outerwear like mad. There is so little of it available here!
Theorist
#98 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 3:54 PM
The type of CCs I'm addicted to...? There's too much to mention, actually, since I don't really have a specific type of CC I like to download. As long as they're highly detailed and would look good if I decided to do photo-taking of my Sims, I'm fine with that- I don't really care if they're actually build stuffs, buy stuffs, mods/hacks, poses, and CAS stuffs.
Test Subject
#99 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 4:01 PM
Floors, walls and iCad's recolors (all of them!). My folder is tiny in comparison to most, it's only 1.7 gig, but it still takes 10-15 minutes to completely load the game. Now when I'm looking at stuff, I stop and think to myself: am I really going to use this in my game?
Field Researcher
#100 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 4:32 PM
I think I have mostly hairstyles and clothes in my downloads. I go through downloading phases. It depends on what I am looking for at a specific time. At one point I downloaded a ton of curtains and blinds. Another time it was cars. My most recent obsession was stuff for weddings. A few months ago I added the celebration stuff pack to my game, so I wanted to have some wedding parties. It was a perfect excuse to download yet more clothes and hairstyles. Although, there's a lot of nice stuff that comes with the celebration stuff pack, I'm sure all you other download addicts understand that it's still not enough. lol
Page 4 of 5