Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 12:41 PM
Default Need the original Graphic rules.sgr
Hi there.

I've modified by Graphic Rules.sgr (in the Seasons\TSData\Res\Config directory) so it displayes the game in the proper widescreen resolution.

Unfortunately, the patch doesn't like my edited version and I haven't made a backup. Could anyone upload the original file (preferably pre-patch, maybe it matters) to the forum.

Thanks
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 1:16 PM
It's on your game disk. Extract it ..copy it and paste it over the changed one.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:29 PM
Ah, found it. Never knew it was right there on the disc. Thanks
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:42 AM
where is it on your disc????
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:43 AM
and which game disc? is it the original or just any game disk?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 11:05 AM
In answer to sassparella55:

There are several copies of Graphics rules.sgr on my game CD. I guess the most important one is the one in TSData\Res\Config for your highest EP or SP. But the whole directory (folder) structure of these files on the CD or DVD is replicated in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 on your hard disk, so the file from your CD/DVD should go into the equivalent place in Program Files.

e.g. on my system (with Double Deluxe)
E:\SP4\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr
would go to
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\SP4\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr

Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of the technical side of the game can understand and explain it better than I can.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 11:17 AM
I don't think this is the right place to post this. This is a discussion forum not the help forum. Try here

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!