Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 7:24 AM
Thanks Coltraz
I can't wait to buy it :P
Advertisement
Instructor
#177 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:57 AM
I really like your photos coltraz. The tv cabinet is really cool looking. My mom has the candles on the table at her house...so that's a little weird to see.

It would be funny if the furniture fell apart after a few months like most of my ikea furniture has.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:49 AM
Is it just me? I think the objects are unattractive, badly mapped and either gaudy colored or deadly dull.
Alchemist
#179 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:15 PM
We've seen the renders on the EA site. That's what the objects look like.
Yes, the tea light candle holder is my favourite thing there as I've seen those in real life, too. hehe!
Pretty much all the furniture is recolourable in black, white, or red. The futon/couch in my pic has tons of cushion options.
#180 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
Is it just me? I think the objects are unattractive, badly mapped and either gaudy colored or deadly dull.

no its not you, as just mentioned, most of the colours are either a colourful white, an exciting grey, or an "original" black.

its called the "post modern" style and its supposed to look grown up and tidy, but the truth is ITS BORING.

Give me fruity colours and something summery over this tired rubbish.
I have seen cubes with more personality than these paper-white and pitch-black rooms. its just awfully unadventurous.
Theorist
#181 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 2:17 PM
I personally love the natural colors like white, black, and grey. Of course, red and blue are good companions for those colors...
Alchemist
#182 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
no its you, as just mentioned, most of the colours are either a colourful white, an exciting grey, or an "original" black.

its called the "post modern" style and its supposed to look grown up and tidy, but the truth is ITS BORING.

Give me fruity colours and something summery over this tired rubbish.
I have seen cubes with more personality than these paper-white and pitch-black rooms. its just awfully unadventurous.

It's very easy to recolour items. We have good meshes here for the community. I am excited to see what they'll do.
MOAR:
http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...6&postcount=441

Oh, and as suspected, there is nothing new is CAS. At least nothing I noticed.

But there are two new houses in the lot bin.
Instructor
#183 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
It's very easy to recolour items. We have good meshes here for the community. I am excited to see what they'll do.
MOAR:
http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...6&postcount=441

Oh, and as suspected, there is nothing new is CAS. At least nothing I noticed.

But there are two new houses in the lot bin.

haha! that's what I was going to say when I saw that post. Colors of the objects is the last thing people should complain about. It looks like really fun meshes to use.

I looooove those bookcases. And again with the chair and couch just being kind of creepy to see all simified. When AL comes out, I could make a sim version of my apartment almost exact
Alchemist
#184 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlisted
haha! that's what I was going to say when I saw that post. Colors of the objects is the last thing people should complain about. It looks like really fun meshes to use.

I looooove those bookcases. And again with the chair and couch just being kind of creepy to see all simified. When AL comes out, I could make a sim version of my apartment almost exact

Same! If only double beds could be pushed against walls, I could make an almost perfect replica. I've even got a couple wall hangings I downloaded from MTS2 that I've got on my real life walls. hehe
Field Researcher
#185 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:05 PM
See, it's the meshes I really don't like, my opinion and all. Most are either very plain and look like no effort was made- the bookcase and end table look like the kind of 'box build' that most meshers only do when they're first learning. Or, they look like pre-existing meshes with a tweak or two. (For example, the 'new' couch mesh look like the old sectional with legs instead of a solid base.) I'm jut a bit disappointed by this effort, I suppose.
Theorist
#186 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:11 PM
Hinoemasim, they're replicas of the real life IKEA objects... You can't complain about it. I think they done a good job. The objects definitely look identical to the real IKEA stuff...
Page 8 of 8