Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:00 PM
Default How do you make a Fashion Show?
hello everyone
so i have just watched the official trailer for sims 2 H&M fashion stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7v_rgNVhA
i have a question, how do you make a fashion show as seen in the video without the use of hacks?
i know the building materials for the runway. i mean, i saw the audience clapping!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:08 PM
EAxis uses a lot of tricks in their videos to make things appear differently. It's possible those particular animations were only used in that little trailer.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
#3 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:26 PM
There's a fashion show controller mod on SimWardrobe: http://simwardrobe.com/

Go to the Sims 2 section and click 'Objects' then 'Other Objects' to find it.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:42 PM
What if EA actually used that Simwardrobe mod lol. How funny would that be?

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley Gaytor
There's a fashion show controller mod on SimWardrobe: http://simwardrobe.com/

Go to the Sims 2 section and click 'Objects' then 'Other Objects' to find it.

thank you, i think i came across it before

Quote: Originally posted by Bwinney43
What if EA actually used that Simwardrobe mod lol. How funny would that be?

if they did, then they'd better pay the creator of it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:48 PM
No, James made that after H&M came out because so many people felt ripped off over the fake "fashion show" ads.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
No, James made that after H&M came out because so many people felt ripped off over the fake "fashion show" ads.

oh, well, then why didnt EA include the clapping and everything?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 11:07 PM
I guess they didn't feel like it. I remember people were really upset when they realised that the fashion show was all a set-up with cheats and such.
Banned
#9 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 11:24 PM
They weren't using derr brains... Duh.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:47 AM
Is it possible that maybe it was included in the original plans, then they took it out and didnt change the trailer?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Octavia<3
Is it possible that maybe it was included in the original plans, then they took it out and didnt change the trailer?

EAxis Lost & Found (unused accesories)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
EAxis Lost & Found (unused accesories)

sorry for being so clueless but what?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 1:47 PM
sorry for being so clueless but what?

basically, it means the things that were in the beta version of the game that were removed from the final version. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Unused_accessories
its not necessary that its only hair and clothes, it can be functions of the game too, such as the electricity cutout scenario that was removed.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:47 PM
oh ok. Im still a bit confused. Does that mean that it IS possible it was omitted or its NOT possible?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:50 PM
oh ok. Im still a bit confused. Does that mean that it IS possible it was omitted or its NOT possible?

yes, from what i understood, it was "omitted".
Forum Resident
#16 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
yes, from what i understood, it was "omitted".

ok thanks for answering all my questions. i tend to have a lot i really wish that they would have left it in there... maybe theres a mod of some sort that would work like the trailer.
#17 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 9:55 PM
ok thanks for answering all my questions. i tend to have a lot i really wish that they would have left it in there... maybe theres a mod of some sort that would work like the trailer.

See above. There already is one.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alley_Gaytor
See above. There already is one.
oh wow... i shouldve seen that..
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 3:06 AM
While we're on the subject of stuff that was dropped...I heard that nursing babies was initially to be included in OFB, but dropped. Any truth to that?

(It's thanks to Squinge that my Sims nurse their babies.)
Scholar
#20 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
While we're on the subject of stuff that was dropped...I heard that nursing babies was initially to be included in OFB, but dropped. Any truth to that?

Yeah, I've read about this too. It's true.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:13 PM

where did you read that?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:19 PM
Pretty sure it was Squinge himself who said that. Nursing is one of those "lost and found" bits of game coding that modders have found for a number of things that didn't quite make it to the released version of the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 2:06 AM

Is nursing a mod/hack you got from somewhere? Where?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 10:49 AM
Nusing hack is available here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,8084.0.html
And JSYK, any parent of the child can nurse.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 12:34 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 15th Nov 2011 at 5:21 PM.
ok guys please be back on track, we have a lost and found thread "About Maxis Lost and Found" (made by me) where you can continue the discussion about nursing
Page 1 of 2