Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:05 PM
Default My default replacement eyes stopped working
They were working fine before and now they're not. I haven't installed any new eyes or mods that should conflict with eyes. They are within a folder within the mods folder, but that was working fine before. As far as I can tell my other mods are working. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:49 PM
Did you try to remove caches yet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:09 PM
I'm not 100% on how to do that. Is it safe just to delete all the caches?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:00 AM
I deleted most cache files I could find according to advice I found on another site but they're still not working
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 9:04 AM
Some general tips to try in any order you want:
1) Remove all content except for your eyes, clear cache and start game up, see if they are working.
1.a) If not try downloading a different lot of default eye replacements & see if that works. If the new set isn't working try downloading a new mod folder & see if that works. The next 2 suggestions are to do as a last resort) You may have to remove the sims 3 folder from my documents & start the game to force it to create a new folder. Or worst case scenario reinstall the game.
1.b) If they do work you'll have to start working through your cc to see what may be causing a problem.
2) Make certain you haven't accidentally deleted them, things happen when you are messing with stuff.
3) Try moving the default eyes to the override folder, this will give them higher priority within the game to be used.
4) You should just need to delete simCompositorCache and within the world cache folder anything that looks like this: worldname_sims, (you can delete the object one as well if you want.) regarding sim textures.
5) I've noticed recently that the Sunset Valley, all expansion packs incl vacation, university, future worlds, npc & townies will not automatically use default cc Your sims, store worlds & cc worlds should be fine. You'll either by using NRAAS or cheating take them into CAS, edit them in some way & go back into the game to get the defaults working. If the default eyes are not showing in CAS, the game is not recognizing/using them for some reason.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:24 AM
After all of this not working I ended up installing another eye set which works. *shrugs* Idk.