Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:55 PM
Default Foundation Bug and Route Failure
I'm having a major problem that I believe is foundation related. And my Sims keep going into this "invisible" 1/2 floor and getting stuck there. They basically get stuck in mid-air. I spent three days along with endless nights building this house and this is really dissapointing to say the least that this is happening. Is there any remedy for this situation? I have some screenshots available as well because its really hard to describe. Has anyone else had this issue as well?

The house is a sort of a split level house with a foundation inside the house along with a staircase that allows sims to go down 1/2 level to the foundation floor. And then there is sorta a lower level (Pre WA) basement with two levels of stairs, my Sims can't get to the basement they are always stuck. Sometimes the sims are running in mid-air I don't know why. As shown on the screenshot above, this sim is essentially walking in mid air. So I think this may be some sort of bug or something that is causing this problem because I don't get it. And houses like this do exist because in Twin Brook the tatoo parlor has a basement and foundation similar to this. Is there anything I can do to get this gorgeous house in use? I hate to say that I spent a whole 3 days building a house for nothing, lol.

How do I get the game to recognize that the foundation level on the first floor is the first floor? Because by the looks of those screenshots it thinks that the invisible area that they are standing on is a seperate level itself causing the sims to get stuck.

SBN 2 EYEWITNESS NEWS
SEASON III - JULY 2009
SBN 2 HD Eyewitness News, premieres in July 2009, take part in the premiere and visit www.sbn2.com for more information.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:38 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3296241, 3296243
It may be a silly question, but why do you have a floor on the area beneath the foundation?

Most of the time, when you build a foundation the area beneath it is just plain green grass. But you've put floortiles over it. Perhaps that's why your sims walk this way. I'm not sure of it, but it could be that the flooring below that foundation is somehow connected to the flooring outside of the foundation, in the walkable areas. Did you try deleting all the floortiles beneath and inside the foundation (the ones where the sim should not walk in)?

On the other hand, it can also just be a glitch. I used to have this problem with a normal basic EA house, and whenever a sim walked down the stairs, they ended up back on the first floor, hovering above the flooring and unable to move either. I just used the sim reset cheat (often!) and then eventually it got fixed after I had an update. What expansion packs do you have? I had this problem with the base game, WA expansion and the HEL stuff pack.

What might also help is the CFE cheat. Just use it experimently and drag over areas to see if there are differences in height. And if there are, then raise the lowered invisible floor to the same height as the floor above (so basically, the floor where your sims should normally walk on). Do note that when using this cheat in a finished house, all the upper floors can warp, and thus this means that you'll have to CFE those floors as well by just dragging from one corner of a floor or room to the other.

If it doesn't work, then you can still massively push the 'undo' button.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:04 AM
I've had that problem before. I resetsim-med the sim with the problem, and they were fine. I don't know what causes it, though.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 11:31 AM
I just had the glitch now
There were no floor tiles underneath it. And the undo thing wont work, it will only remove the stuff I did before that stupid glitch! 😡😡😡
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 4:00 PM
I have recently gone back to Sims 3 since I have all expansion, stuff packs and plenty of store stuff. Sims 4 is slow to match the equivalent. I'm having a foundation problem with a beach lot. This is much like getting stuck under the foundation since the simmies float in the ocean and go under the house to get stuck constantly. I was hoping for a fix for this. Does anyone know of a mod that addresses this issue? Having to reset each sims so frequently would get frustrating.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:47 PM
There are lots of theories on why these glitches happen. You should try the game help forum instead. You may find lots of others with the same kind of problems there. It's in the sims3 discussion forum, at the top.