Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 10:34 AM
Hi Fawkes, I'm gonna try it out Thanks!

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 11:24 AM
Nouk! The revised hair is awesome! I want it really badly! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 11:43 AM
Hi again Fawkes... I totally ruined the hair XD It looks so weird... I reverted to the older one you commented on.

Instructor
#54 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 2:40 PM
Hahahaa, its totally okay Nouk! looove it the way it is! :lovestruc

Just wondering, wahts left do to in this braid pack before it gets uploaded?

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 10:29 PM
I'm gonna try again and lower the hair more to the shoulder so it looks more 'relaxed'. Tapering the ends made it look weird >.<

What I need to do is test one more style, convert all ages for all three styles, make all the colors, test everything and make ingame screenshots. Could be a while, unfortunately as I work alot... But I'll definitely finish these hairs.

Instructor
#56 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 11:28 AM
WIll do :D

I can always help with getting the colours done, if you want

Cant wait to see the up!!!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#57 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 9:01 PM
You need suggestions and here is mine. Please upload them right now. These are fantastic. Oh my God...............
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 6:55 PM
They look awesome! I think they're ready to upload. c:
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:06 PM
The braids/cornrows hairdo's have been uploaded... let's hope they get approved. I was really tired when I uploaded them so I may have missed something XD

Scholar
Original Poster
#60 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 11:37 AM

Was planning to do this (braids and tiny curl texture combo) for a while, but couldn't figure it out. This comes close to what I want. But, I need to edit the planes to be less flat and add more loose curls. Plus the braids part looks really uniform... hmmm.

Instructor
#61 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:40 PM
Love this one as well, I do agree about the braid though. I'm thinking the Happy Braids for the size would be a great fit. Are you still planning to do the afro style and the full head similar to above? I'm asking because I'd love them so much.
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:52 PM
Yes still planning for those
Should I replace the happy braids bit for this 3-d-ish one? Or should I just make this one more natural?

Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:28 PM
I like the 3D look of these braids and I admit that I like that they would look different to the happy braids, because 95% of my sims wear your hairs so variety is good .
Instructor
#64 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM
Hmm, now that you mention making it natural sort of like your headband afro, would be awesome because we can do braids, curly texture etc. It leaves more room for versatility.
Inventor
#65 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 6:14 PM
Keep those braids 3D 'cause I want them for TS3! 2D braids look so blurry! And this hairstyle is way too good to miss it :D
Instructor
#66 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:16 AM
I like what you did there and can't see any problems. However I'm hoping you didn't scrap the version of the poofy hair without corn rows since that would really resemble Hermione Granger hair if it were shoulder instead of neck length. Plus if I did a wavy instead of curly texture, I would at last have a sim hairstyle that looks like my own, minus the random tentacle-like locks protruding from my head, the uneven flip at the bottom, and the split ends. In short, a straighter, shoulder length version of the poofy hair without corn rows would resemble my hair on a good day.

I could make the aforementioned hairstyle shoulder length myself, but I'm afraid of hair edits. If I just scaled to make the various hair groups longer, would I need to adjust the UV map very much?
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 2:50 PM
No you can have the uv map remain the same
Or I could make you this hair... do you have some pics I can use?

Field Researcher
#68 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:48 AM
I have some ideas about that afro texture, but I need some sleep and a good image manip program to spell it out. Be back in nine or ten hours with some thoughts. :3
Scholar
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:32 PM
Thanks, AlfredAskew, I appreciate you taking the time

Instructor
#70 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:55 PM
the hair looks beautiful ... will there be a version with a little headband??? IMO but where the braids in this one end and the curls begin it kinda looks like it needs something there ... but of course ... it would be dependent on Poly count ... would hate for stuff to be really high

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Scholar
Original Poster
#71 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 6:55 PM
Looks like there's another 'pack' in the works, then :D

Instructor
#72 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:38 PM
The hair in post 26 is absolutely marvellous (as are all your hairs), and even with my low-end system I would make my Sims wear it. XD

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) ยท TS4
Scholar
#73 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nouk
Looks like there's another 'pack' in the works, then :D

Yay! :lovestruc I do like the idea of a pack, as it provides so much variety.

The 3D braids look a little odd to me. I'm not entirely sure why though (which is very unhelpful, sorry!). I agree with the suggestions for 2D braids and bandana/headband options. If you did want another, I would suggest removing the braids and making a full loose curls look. There are few decent curly meshes out there and yours is so beautiful so far. It would be lovely to have it as a full hairdo. A full head of curls like Noemie Lenoir's hair would be amazing

Also your ringlet textures are gorgeous and I would love to use them =D
Instructor
#74 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 9:56 PM
Ohh yes,

this style in particular could use your braid from Tyler's hair.
Instructor
#75 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 8:16 PM Last edited by slar : 27th Apr 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Since you asked Nouk, I'd like the longer region toward the back made shoulder-length. As for constructive (I hope) criticism, the hair peaks in these sort of triangular crests before transitioning further from the part of the hair toward the main body. This triangular effect bothered me slightly with your Bill Kraulitz hair, so I denoted it with green arrows. I don't know whether the triangular shape of the "bumps" results from stacks of alpha layers and thus is unavoidable with thicker hair styles. Feel free to ask for clarification if I haven't described myself clearly. Although I imagine making the bumps less angular would simply involve a few adjustments with the move tool, this problem isn't major enough to warrant rebuilding the entire mesh and most simmers probably won't notice or care. I'm so glad someone in the free community has the skills and the patience to deviate from the perfect, smooth, generic "Hollywood" hair styles that Peggy and the like obsess about.

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old/uploaded (do not delete - contains useful info for hair creation)
Page 3 of 4