Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 1:04 AM Last edited by sims 1 : 28th Aug 2014 at 6:15 AM.
Default State Park By: (Sims 1 RU) feedback please? Lot for TS2
Hi this has been in creator issues for a while. It is a fictional state park, I had built myself before my I messed up my game unfortunate. I had abandoned this project for a while. I am about to install this park I made back into my mega hood. I got thanks to HP and I love it HP by the way. this is an updated post of my last one the older posts are lets say before I knew what to do. I am a slow learner and mentally challenged so that is why I have had so many problems understanding the Creator guidelines, plus I'm new at creating things and making them well enough for web pages I need feed back on this again now that it is almost done. When I had this installed last time I had all expansions + the store edition. I don't have store edition installed anymore. so give me some feedback to further improve this upload and it is recommended for all expansions by the way.

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 4:36 AM
I can't tell much about it. What do you intend sims to do when they go to this park? The tents would seem to indicate that it's intended for overnight stays, but where's the check-in desk? We need a big, clear, overhead shot of the floorplan or we can't give you any useful feedback.

If a lot is made in an all-expansions environment, it will crash any game that does not have all expansions, regardless of what objects it uses. If you want to make an upload which is usable by anyone with Base Game + BV, you'll need to create it in an environment which only has Base Game + BV. The handiest way to do this is with the Any Game Starter, downloadable here at MTS.

Also, please use grammar, punctuation, and capitalization to the best of your ability! You don't have to worry about those things during composition if they hinder you, but it's essential (as well as courteous) to be as clear as possible, both to communicate with the reader, and to get read. I don't bother to download things if I'm puzzled by the explanatory text. If you won't proofread a paragraph, how can I trust you to playtest a lot, which is a form of proofreading?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2014 at 3:02 PM
To many trees for me and that bonfire thing will start the trees on fire.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2014 at 12:37 AM Last edited by sims 1 : 2nd May 2014 at 3:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
To many trees for me and that bonfire thing will start the trees on fire.

lol this lot will not catch fire I lit the big wooden thing on fire and nothing happened it is just burned and the best thing is next time I visited the lot, it was back from the ash.

there is no Smokey the bear needed for this forest

of course it was a community lot at the time I visited it but I tested the fire in the lot and no tree caught on fire so much for the sims 2 being realistic :D

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims 1
I tested the fire in the lot and no tree caught on fire so much for the sims 2 being realistic :D

you forgot to add more gasoline!! you need gasoline to make the fire burn properly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2014 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I can't tell much about it. What do you intend sims to do when they go to this park? The tents would seem to indicate that it's intended for overnight stays, but where's the check-in desk? We need a big, clear, overhead shot of the floorplan or we can't give you any useful feedback.

If a lot is made in an all-expansions environment, it will crash any game that does not have all expansions, regardless of what objects it uses. If you want to make an upload which is usable by anyone with Base Game + BV, you'll need to create it in an environment which only has Base Game + BV. The handiest way to do this is with the Any Game Starter, downloadable here at MTS.

Also, please use grammar, punctuation, and capitalization to the best of your ability! You don't have to worry about those things during composition if they hinder you, but it's essential (as well as courteous) to be as clear as possible, both to communicate with the reader, and to get read. I don't bother to download things if I'm puzzled by the explanatory text. If you won't proofread a paragraph, how can I trust you to playtest a lot, which is a form of proofreading?

HI Peni I read what you said!

just thought I let you know. I made a couple overview pics taking your advice and I appreciate your good advice sorry for the delay I'll try to make good grammar but it is not one of my strong suits. Please don't be mad at me I took your advice and read your post just thought I let you know that I was not ignoring your comments. I marked it helpful and agreed on it way before this post. I just didn't type in a response I am still a newbie to this sort of thing. thank you

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:09 PM
there is only nooks and cranny's that is not showing. but just looks the same.

This lot is a massive lot with many trees but there is lot's of sim stuff to do and sims can camp here overnight for free, play chess, throw an axe or two, use the restroom, go fishing, and take a shower too. or get a drink in the sink and eat hotdogs or burgers on a grill. AND don't forget start fires (trees won't catch on fire either) so come on to down to this community lot and let your sims take a nap for free or woohoo in a tent for free also. still awaiting admin approval. post here if your still interested

Field Researcher
#8 Old 2nd May 2014 at 4:11 PM
I like the concept, I think you're doing a good job. Only thing I noticed that really needs improvement is the shape of the pond, way too many straight edges. In fact wherever possible if you can make things not so squared off: if it's possible to turn the tents a little so they're not rigidly on-the-lines, that would be great! (I know nothing of TS2 so I'm just saying)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2014 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
I like the concept, I think you're doing a good job. Only thing I noticed that really needs improvement is the shape of the pond, way too many straight edges. In fact wherever possible if you can make things not so squared off: if it's possible to turn the tents a little so they're not rigidly on-the-lines, that would be great! (I know nothing of TS2 so I'm just saying)

thanks! I will keep that in mind glad you like it I will use your input and the pond is a little unrealistic.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:47 PM
A couple more suggestions:

I'd use a more outdoorsy sink for outside the toilets. Patterned porcelain isn't the kind of material you'd opt to put outdoors. Try something that's all metal/wood.
The pond has sand around the edges of it - I dunno why EA assumes that every water feature needs a beach, but mud would be more appropriate.
Apart from the pond, the lot looks like it's completely flat. That's not usually the case for woodsy areas. Adding some gentle rises and dips would make it look more natural.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd May 2014 at 1:48 AM Last edited by sims 1 : 3rd May 2014 at 2:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
A couple more suggestions:

I'd use a more outdoorsy sink for outside the toilets. Patterned porcelain isn't the kind of material you'd opt to put outdoors. Try something that's all metal/wood.
The pond has sand around the edges of it - I dunno why EA assumes that every water feature needs a beach, but mud would be more appropriate.
Apart from the pond, the lot looks like it's completely flat. That's not usually the case for woodsy areas. Adding some gentle rises and dips would make it look more natural.

I appreciate you trying to make me successful I could not have gotten this far if it wasn't for all you guys again thanks for your comments and suggestions. I did a make over sense the last time you saw it here I think is looks a lot better too more like a real forest with a few added crab grass and shrubs along with more sunflowers.

the sink is not needed there is sinks in the bathroom already I deleted the outside sink off the lot.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th May 2014 at 6:14 AM
I like it, but best to add something how it's only for good computers as trees add a lot to load and lag and that has a massive amount of vegetation. You might want to hide a few overhead sprinklers near the tents as you will get trees catching on fire from lightening strike.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th May 2014 at 7:04 AM
once downloaded in order to see the trees off the lot you must have decorations on in the game options and or neighbors. trees should load after you play the lot.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:06 AM
restated thread, I don't know how to do this other wise

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:16 AM
What did you want from the thread sims 1? I'm not sure what you mean by trees should load after you play the lot, there are trees all over that lot, or are my eyes playing tricks on me and that in only neighbourhood deco? Could you turn hood deco off and just show us your lot. If it does have trees all over as it looks like it, it can cause lot lag.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What did you want from the thread sims 1? I'm not sure what you mean by trees should load after you play the lot, there are trees all over that lot, or are my eyes playing tricks on me and that in only neighbourhood deco? Could you turn hood deco off and just show us your lot. If it does have trees all over as it looks like it, it can cause lot lag.

The neighborhood decor is off the lot, yes the trees load on the lot and in neighborhood view, the trees, off the lot, are the bigger trees in less detail. Also I if I am to show you any more pics they will be in another neighborhood anyone should be able to run the lot with lower graphic settings. if their ram is then 510 mbs on xp or 1 gig on windows 7, then they need to turn their game graphic settings down all together. this lot only comes to about 812 kilobytes in file size, so it is vary small but may require a videocard of good capability

here is mine below.

My specs:
main ram 4 gigs
windows 7
Nvidia GeForce GT 240 video card
2 gig video memory
quad 2 core processor

I think the video card was built in 2009, my pc was built in 2011, it is a common $600.00 pc for back in 2011. so this pc is far from the fastest one around. My granddad has a pc 6 times as fast as mine and it is at least 2 or 3 years older then mine, but cost him over $1000,00 at the time of purchase. ram is key, at so as long as the person has 1 gig of ram or more this lot should work fine this lot has shown me no lag but I do see your point Jo if a person is playing this lot on windows 7 or xp on 75% of a gig they may need to turn the settings on the sims 2 down all together for like lets say a Pentium 4 processor I'm guessing or less. post back your specs anyone who wants to know if this will work. My computer is a good pc but it is not the best either. like most of us, I got what I could afford.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
also Jo most of those trees are 1 object, multiple trees stuck together, however the main expansion pack for this lot would be Bon voyage if you are running with all expansions then you probably have a fast enough computer for this. Because a vary slow computer is just plain annoying to play any sims game on. I don't know if the file size matters but it is a small file but a big lot indeed. this lot looks stupid without neighborhood decor if you were to put it into like a desert it would look totally unrealistic. this park is for the person who adds trees to their neighborhood or if someone wanted to they could just delete the trees. like i said it don't look too appealing but I'll try to reload the lot to show this again in a completely different setting.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:01 AM
I really like outdoor lots like this. It is tree heavy something that my computer can handle but if I lose my guys in the trees I get antsy. I would suggest somewhere to shelter if it rains? I have a park with a lounge with comfy sofas and a real fire, indoor stuff like dart board and chess to keep them happy while it pours outside. plus they get to chat and meet new people. I have both a food stand and a vending machine, be sure to have an outdoor bin for the vending wrappers. It's looking good :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freeasabird
I really like outdoor lots like this. It is tree heavy something that my computer can handle but if I lose my guys in the trees I get antsy. I would suggest somewhere to shelter if it rains? I have a park with a lounge with comfy sofas and a real fire, indoor stuff like dart board and chess to keep them happy while it pours outside. plus they get to chat and meet new people. I have both a food stand and a vending machine, be sure to have an outdoor bin for the vending wrappers. It's looking good :-)

I could work on removing some of the trees and vegetation a bit, nobody even suggested the vegetation in the first place I can see now why on some PC's it can get hot if laptop and or lag a lot even if desktop PC. But I'm unsure if removing the trees will make it look as real, I live in the north with vary thick woods nearby so that is why there is so many trees I'll remove them then post some more pics soon. and the lot has dirt pathways. and as for the shelter I guess i could turn the chess area, into a Pavlovian, as what some people call a shaded place inside a park where someone eats and or uses the restroom.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 11:23 PM
You don't need to remove the trees/plants. I just meant you might want to say something like "This lot contains a lot of vegetation which may cause some lag on low end computers." Have you tried uploading it yet? The one thing I would change after looking it over again would be those Victorian type lights near the chess, they don't go with the woodsy feel to the place. I would use the small garden lights and place them on the fence.

~Call me Jo~