Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:50 PM
Default Do you think it'd be possible to replace default walk styles or add new ones?
I feel like we have quite a lot of walk styles, but only few "normal" ones. I personally don't use any of the goofy walks, they're just there. So I was thinking... Would it be possible to replace walk styles?
Now I have no idea what sims 4 walk styles are like in terms of format, but I'm guessing they could be something similar to blender's. Or am I completely wrong? Did anyone try replacing any default walk animations, or any animations in-game? Did it work?
I tried searching topics on this, but I haven't found anything. There was someone who supposedly figured out a way to change the walk styles, but they didn't reply to their topic ever since, and they didn't share how they made it. I don't know why, maybe it didn't work out that well in-game.
(I know I could use the pose player with some walking animations, but that'd stop the sim from doing what they do, they couldn't go on with thei daily activities like that)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:35 AM
I would LOVE some new walk styles! The default one seems so "stiff" to me; maybe we could get a "Casual" walk-style... ?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:34 PM
Default Walk styles:
Quote: Originally posted by Faith05201
I would LOVE some new walk styles! The default one seems so "stiff" to me; maybe we could get a "Casual" walk-style... ?
I know they already have a mod to replace the "gotta go to the bathroom" walk and I think if would be a good idea if they had a masculine walk as well inside the CAS--they have the feminine walk and the swagger walk so I don't see what the problem would be.

Lunamist2
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 9:53 AM
I know its possible to add walk styles into CAS.
What I don't know is how to add a custom animation in, I only know how to do it with the walkstyles in the game [Reaper/Ghost], But it would be awesome if someone with the knowledge could make extra walkstyles :D
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 10:16 AM
Default I want it too
Quote: Originally posted by Mary-J
I know its possible to add walk styles into CAS.
What I don't know is how to add a custom animation in, I only know how to do it with the walkstyles in the game [Reaper/Ghost], But it would be awesome if someone with the knowledge could make extra walkstyles :D

How did you do that???
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 7:45 AM
My only issue is the animations. not even to add them, it is making them. I will need so much patient to try to use blender lol

Can you share to me some of those pose player animation walk styles? to see something.