Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:07 AM Last edited by closetothaedge : 9th Jun 2013 at 9:04 AM.
Default Buy off homewrecker with 50 ?
So the strangest thing happened to me a while back while playing Sims 2 when my engaged couple decided to go to a community lot. I couldn't help but notice a blond sim following the couple. My theory was that she was following the male sim (Malum) as she keep showing the attraction sign. To confirm my theory I split the couple up into two different areas and I was right ! She would follow him where ever he went. I found this some what normal as I guessed it was because of ACR.

However the weird part was that the female from the couple (Aedah ) had an option to buy off the blond follower. Does this mean that the game actually suggested her intentions were bad for Adeah ? Does it really go into that much detail ? It really amazed me, and kind of creeped me out.

What do you guys think, did anything like this ever happen to your sims ?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 8:48 AM
Does your female Sim had a bad relationship with the blonde bombshell? Sometimes, Sims with a low lifetime relationship with other Sims can buy them off for $50. This doesn't do much to improve the relationship but can stop "stalking" temporarily.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 12:35 PM
As far as I know, the buy off option is meant to stop an angry sim from kicking over your trash can and/or stealing your newspaper. Is the blonde mad at the female sim? I've never heard of intentional stalking behavior like you described being included in the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
As far as I know, the buy off option is meant to stop an angry sim from kicking over your trash can and/or stealing your newspaper. Is the blonde mad at the female sim? I've never heard of intentional stalking behavior like you described being included in the game.

Nope they didn't hate each other at all, also it was at a community lot, she didn't attempt to slap or argue with Aedah. Her actual stalking was because of Malum.

Really you haven't heard of it ? That's odd because it is ALWAYS happening to my sims. For e.g. I have a school with a bunch of students attending. Once again one of my female sims does not stop following that one particular male. They then eventually start to form some kind of friendship and since he has a girlfriend I constantly have to use the "sim mod" cheat and make them neutral relationship with one another again. Once on a totally different case I even had to go to the extent of changing their personality, aspiration, turn ons and interests on sim PE <>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Does your female Sim had a bad relationship with the blonde bombshell? Sometimes, Sims with a low lifetime relationship with other Sims can buy them off for $50. This doesn't do much to improve the relationship but can stop "stalking" temporarily.

Interesting.. When Aedah did buy her off, she continued the stalking.. stubborn, earned a little money too. Haha
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 3:43 PM
Oh dear. I fear this could result in a fight between the woman and the blonde bombshell if the situation is not managed carefully...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by closetothaedge
They then eventually start to form some kind of friendship and since he has a girlfriend I constantly have to use the "sim mod" cheat and make them neutral relationship with one another again. Once on a totally different case I even had to go to the extent of changing their personality, aspiration, turn ons and interests on sim PE <>

If you have ACR 2.0 there's an option to put another Sim in the "friend-zone". I haven't used it yet myself, but it should curb romantic interactions without having to change personalities, etc.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 6:38 PM
Daniel Pleasant has the option to "buy off with 50 Simoleans" Dustin Broke right out of the gate when you first play the Pleasant household. I think Mortimer Goth also has the option to "buy off with 50 Simoleans" Don Lothario right out of the gate.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Jun 2013 at 9:12 PM
One time after Mary-Sue Pleasant caught Daniel & the maid together, the option to buy off the maid with 50 bucks came up. After I did it, a little speech thing popped up on the side saying "I'll leave you alone, for now" or something else along those lines...