Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 5:22 AM
Default Any way to make a different choice? *CS Spoilers*
Is there any way/cheat to go back to a story point after you've finished Castaway Stories without having to replay the whole game?

I picked 'banish' for Professor Rhinehart's fate and now I want to see what the other choice gives you. I know it supposedly turns him into a toddler, but I want to actually see it.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 9:03 AM
Unless you've made a backup to the point before you enter the Tuzu house, it is not possible to go back. Once you'd chosen to Banish him, he's killed off and his character data is shredded. (Same goes with Bart from Dead Man's Cove.)

But it isn't much when you resurrect him.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 11:27 AM
Okay, thanks.

Was there a way to save Bart or were we doomed to failure there? Shredded char files does not sound good; it sounds like a precursor to neighbourhood corruption. DX
Theorist
#4 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 9:37 PM
For saving Bart, you could take a look at this mod Carrigon made. I'm not that familiar with it, so I don't know if it's essential to have Bart join a household, or he could just become a normal townie.

As for unlinkage, yes, it does mean corruption. But Felicity Island had already been corrupted before the story even started.

One of the examples to that would be the three people from the Forbidden Village. I had a stinky Sim deal with opening the chests there, when all of a sudden, a ghost of an ancestor started going "ew!" at the stinky Sim. What was strange, though, is that the ancestor had an appearance of an elder woman, yet they had a voice of an adult male (and if looked at in SimPE after the story completion, one could see that the elder woman, elder man and male child are both treated as male adults). waf

It's just... I like Castaway Stories so much because it brings up all the memories... and the overall atmosphere and everything... yet, I hate it because it's one of the least modded and least fixed Sims games, shipps with corrupted neighborhoods (pretty much as every Sims game so far), AND is built 'for laptops', therefore having ugliest textures evaar.

As for Winford and Bart being unliked, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm still playing the Felicity Island I started on February 2013, and I had both Rhinehart and Bart killed off. YMMV, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 10:58 PM
Okay, thanks again!

I have one more question that came up and I may as well ask it here. Can you use the Staff of Tuzu after Story Mode is finished? The only options I get are pick up if I place it. Nothing at all if my sim has it in her inventory.
Theorist
#6 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 9:05 AM
I was disappointed in that, too. I thought, mind as well, since my Sim has become the village shaman, the stick will help him cure people...

However, Carrigon made another mod to enable "healing" others using the stick. You can find it here. Unfortunately, it's not a standalone mod, but a part of a mod that unhides all the TCE (testingCheatsEnabled) options (basically, your Sim pie menus are going to become CLOGGED with a lot of hidden (some even potentially dangerous or non-working) features. It'll take you much longer to find a normal interaction, such as talk to, hug etc.).

If you wouldn't like that, you can mind as well modify the strings in SimPE to recategorize all the options into, say, "TCE.../" menu, so that you still have access to normal interactions.

I'm not sure whether the stick mod would work on its own, though. You could also try importing only the stick mod (part of that multi-package download) to your Downloads folder and see if it works. Don't forget to backup your game just in case if something goes wrong.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:13 PM
There is another way to save Bart you need to teleport him to your home lot and add him to the family using one of the "Teleporters" http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Teleporters.htm this must be done before the story ends.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
If you wouldn't like that, you can mind as well modify the strings in SimPE to recategorize all the options into, say, "TCE.../" menu, so that you still have access to normal interactions.

Tried Carrigon's hack, but it wouldn't work for me. What would I have to do in SimPE?
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 10:09 PM
What do you mean by "wouldn't work?" The options don't appear at all, or you don't like how options are arranged?

Unfortunately, modifying this type of mod in SimPE is very time consuming. You should rename every single string to options you'd like. If the original mod has Spawn > Tombstone of L&D, but you'd like it to be hidden deep within the Sim pie menu, you'd need to edit the instance in SimPE from "Spawn.../Tombstone of L&D" to, for example, "TCE.../Debug.../Cheat Objects.../Tombstone of L&D" etc.

(I sent you a PM.)