Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2701 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:16 AM
"Probably should've invited him over a few hours earlier."

Katelyna Rotspatz invited over Tim Rowland for a little midnight love. While they were relaxing on the bed naked, a ghost suddenly showed up in the bedroom to scare Tim. He peed on the floor, and then with a red hygiene thought bubble, immediately left, leaving Katelyna sitting on the bed still naked.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#2702 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:23 AM
"Stay classy, dude."

I was playing Malcom Landgraab, and had elected to have him get together with Brandi Broke, since they had two bolts of chemistry. They had pretty much only just got crush level, she went home, and then he called her at 9 pm for a booty call. That's not how I'd have my first time, but you do you.
Mad Poster
#2703 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:46 AM
"Glad to see the increased fire spread mod works."

I placed down a one-tile buyable fire. Within a few minutes it engulfed the entire front yard.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2704 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:05 AM
Not while playing Sims 2, but while looking for specific content for the game

(While searching for SIMS 2 content on Google, and seeing something that is exactly what she wanted. Exactly. Couldn't be any more precise!)

First thought ... "Let this not be for Sims 3 or 4. Let this not be for Sims 3 or 4. Let this ... "

Despite using Boolean terms, finds out the content is for Sims 3 or 4.

"!@#$!"

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#2705 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 3:14 AM
I've had Google explicitly ignore my search terms sometimes. Might be worth trying another search engine, DuckDuckGo or Bing or something.

Theorist
#2706 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I've had Google explicitly ignore my search terms sometimes. Might be worth trying another search engine, DuckDuckGo or Bing or something.

Bing is pure evil... I've had that awful thing install itself on my computer once, it made itself the primary search engine and took over my browser with a bing-specific starting page and everything. I had to look up an online guide to get rid of it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#2707 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:44 AM
I'm referring to the search engine, not the toolbar. @Orphalesion, you might like Unchecky.

Theorist
#2708 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:54 AM
I'm referring to the search engine, not the toolbar. @Orphalesion, you might like Unchecky.

Ooooooh...

That was years ago, it came already with the laptop I had back then. So there wasn't really a way for me to not install it. Just a way to uninstall it.

But that program will certainly be useful in the future thanks

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#2709 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 6:45 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 30th Mar 2018 at 7:36 AM.
Oh yeah, manufacturers like to bundle software. Pretty bad.

"Well, this...isn't weird at all."

I'm not even sure how Gordon Freeman (the guy in the orange suit) got in the house at all. Guess someone greeted him when I wasn't looking.

EDIT: "I don't remember installing this."

Top Secret Researcher
#2710 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania

(While searching for SIMS 2 content on Google, and seeing something that is exactly what she wanted. Exactly. Couldn't be any more precise!)

First thought ... "Let this not be for Sims 3 or 4. Let this not be for Sims 3 or 4. Let this ... "

"!@#$!"

Had exactly the same experience today complete with expletives, then "Why has no-one converted this?"
Field Researcher
#2711 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania

"!@#$!"

And of course it often takes a while to know that it's for Sims 3 or 4, despite your explicit search for Sims 2, because all the links go to pinterest.

I'm getting thoroughly fed up of having to type -pinterest as part of every search in order to get some halfway useful results back.
Mad Poster
#2712 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:51 PM
So...if I'm searching for sims 2 cc I should type something like "sims 2 purple shirts -pintrest"? That's cool. I hate pintrest. What a stupid, useless website.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2713 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Bing is pure evil... I've had that awful thing install itself on my computer once, it made itself the primary search engine and took over my browser with a bing-specific starting page and everything. I had to look up an online guide to get rid of it.

That would have probably been the evil upgrade micro$oft did last year. That important "security" upgrade was so people would no longer have a choice in web browsers or search engines.

It wouldn't install on my computer for some reason. Now, because of that, micro$oft is about to stop supporting my computer.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#2714 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:40 PM
"I do not trust any of you."

I made a new family of the worst people.
Mad Poster
#2715 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 5:56 PM Last edited by gazania : 30th Mar 2018 at 7:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
So...if I'm searching for sims 2 cc I should type something like "sims 2 purple shirts -pintrest"? That's cool. I hate pintrest. What a stupid, useless website.

Sometimes, it's pretty useful. I have an account there, so I don't get the nonsense that some might get. And Pinterest is one of the few sites where you might actually be able to see Photo*ucketed pictures that the anti-PB-hider app can't bring up (such as Dreamwidth pics). I've also found and downloaded loads of great stuff I missed.

That being written, it can also be a hindrance when you have to wade through a Pinterest site that often drops certain important search terms in the process. For instance, if you're looking up fountains and you see one is on a Pinterest site, the Pinterest search will drop the "fountains" part and just use Sims 2. Good luck trying to find those fountains then.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#2716 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:31 PM
If you have Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey, there's a few scripts that'll let you see Pinterest without logging in. Userscripts are great.

Scholar
#2717 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:49 AM
I'm playing this in a Discord call, so I'm narrating everything.

"The teenagers are surrounding Rod Humble. They're going to eat him. This is Children of the Corn."

"Wait there's an Isaac in my game now."
Instructor
#2718 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:09 PM
No no no! NO MORE CHESS!!!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Forum Resident
#2719 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 10:29 PM
*makes Daniel Pleasant cheat on Mary-Sue with the maid* Oh my GOD, what are you doing?!?! How DARE you?!?! I can't believe you did something like that, without any interference from me whatsoever!
Mad Poster
#2720 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:02 PM
"Dammit! Where are you hiding this time? I know I saw you come in the house and the house isn't even that big!"
Mad Poster
#2721 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:06 PM
@RoxEllen1965 - right-click on the Sim's portrait and the camera will follow them! I'm assuming you already know this, though...

Mad Poster
#2722 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:05 AM
right-click on the Sim's portrait and the camera will follow them! I'm assuming you already know this, though...

Yes, I usually just double-click on the portrait on the spindle to find them. What boggles my mind is how easy it is to lose track of a sim with a big bright platinum plumb-bob hanging over her head! Dina just walked into the house and disappeared among the furniture like she had super camouflage powers or something.

It's worse with a large family. I see movement out of the corner of my eye - "Oh, there you are! Oh wait, you're not the sim I was looking for. You're not even one of mine! Did somebody drag you home from work while I wasn't looking?"
Mad Poster
#2723 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:09 AM
It's really easy to lose track of visitors, too. You can't double-click their portraits to find them.

Mad Poster
#2724 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:44 AM
Well, if I get desperate, I can use this thing to find visitors. I keep forgetting that I have it though.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=245992
Field Researcher
#2725 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It's worse with a large family. I see movement out of the corner of my eye - "Oh, there you are! Oh wait, you're not the sim I was looking for. You're not even one of mine! Did somebody drag you home from work while I wasn't looking?"

It's even worse when you're trying to keep tabs on four kittens. They get around fast, and they're tiny. At least they all take after Dad and are bright ginger.
Page 109 of 169