Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2023 at 7:25 PM
Default Help me create the piles for the terrace, please.
I decided to make my own piles for the terrace. I'm using SimPE 0.77.69. As usual, I cloned the tall column. In the resource tree - Object Data (OBJD) I noticed 4 files. When trying to assign a GUID (I got it from a 3rd party online GUID generator) to the main file and after setting the "Update all MMATs" option and clicking "Update MMATs" I noticed that the GUIDs of the other files didn't change.
Video: https://youtu.be/4Slr7T7-tb0
In addition, I have Blender 3d editors versions 2.76, 2.79 and 3.3, but I don’t know which one is better to use and how to import, edit and export 3d models extracted from the game.
Can anyone help me please?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2023 at 8:09 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Aug 2023 at 8:27 PM.
If there are multiple OBJDs, you should assign new GUIDs to all of them, but ONLY do the MMAT step for the main OBJD/GUID. If the item already has a MMAT, and if you haven't already done anything, you can find the main GUID in the MMAT. If not, it's usually the one without any numbers/letters by the OBJD name.

For the rest, here's some info:

(3.5 - catalog sort only for buy mode, build mode has its own sort mthod in the RAW tab).

The ones I've marked in red are NOT supposed to change when you give an object a new GUID.

---

For Blender, it really just depends what you're comfortable with. I've mostly used 2.76 (which is a pain to learn, honestly), but I've heard the 3+ versions are easier. I use a mix of Blender and Milkshape, sometimes both, depending on what I'm making.

There are plugins for when you're making meshes with skeletons/morphs for Blender. Havent tried that yet (I still do those in Milkshape).

I'd think this project is one you can probably do with OBJ meshes, so no need to mess about with the plugins. Just make sure you export the meshes with the proper OBJ settings (these settings usually gives me no problems in SimPE - https://i.postimg.cc/d0bRhWRH/Screenshot-New-159a.jpg )
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 7:05 PM
Hello again)))) Does anyone know how to clone a terrace using SimPE? I looked through the entire list for cloning in Object Workshop, but I do not find anything. I need a terrace in order to look in Milkshape for the necessary mesh vertex values for the pile.