Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
Default Help with glass on objects in TSRW, please?
Hi! Another snaffu, I'm afraid. I asked directly at TSR, but hopefully someone here knows what I can do.

I am VERY out of practice with glass in TSRW, and have no idea what I'm doing anymore.

I'm trying to make objects with solid parts, glass parts, and 'liquid' parts, and everything looks perfect in TSRW, and looks like crap in-game, so I can't even tell where I'm doing things wrong!

I tried several different approaches, fiddling with textures and the properties of that Materials section, and the closest I got was V4 linked below:

EW.

I got desperate and tried a different approach, by cloning objects from SN that looked exactly like what I was trying to accomplish and using the exact same Material properties.

V5? FAILURE.

I KNOW it's possible to do this without SN, but I totally forgot how--I lost my beginner's luck it seems.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  jar1 pt4.zip (453.0 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  jar1 pt5.zip (112.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 7:23 AM
Hi Murfeel!
take my scotch on the rocks and the vintage milk bottles and use those settings. I think you'll find it works then.
http://cloudwalkersims.com/scotch-on-the-rocks/
http://cloudwalkersims.com/vintage-...te-and-empties/

~Cloud
(I can't remember the exact properties, but the ones I used here work)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 9:18 AM
When I started reading that reply I thought you were advising just forget it and go get drunk!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
When I started reading that reply I thought you were advising just forget it and go get drunk!

Also a good plan.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 3:05 AM
I'll try; thanks!
Once again you see me wigging out over these transparent pieces. XD I still didn't get that veil in shape yet, and I've got another project giving me grey hairs over translucency, too. I'm cursed--I think I'll take that drink, to fortify me.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I'll try; thanks!
Once again you see me wigging out over these transparent pieces. XD I still didn't get that veil in shape yet, and I've got another project giving me grey hairs over translucency, too. I'm cursed--I think I'll take that drink, to fortify me.

Let me know if you get it!
(BTW, I used your hat without the net in the machinima. It looks fabulous.)