Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 12:05 AM
Default Aaargh! Help please!
I have started so many new worlds in CAW I cannot count. Never had a problem. Before. I cannot get CAW to generate a new world now. I get a blue screen and nothing ever happens. I can get into WIP worlds with no problem. I cleared caches.

Any idea why this is going on all of the sudden? Even though I have at least 4 WIP darn near done, I have an idea to start a new one, of course. It never ends. LOL

Only new thing I have done in game is have tried to get that uploading issue when try to close solved by changing to not read some things. But did not touch CAW per se.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 12:38 AM
I would start by clearing virtual store, and testing without custom content. Double check that you have the 4GB patch applied to the CAW exe. Did you clear CAW caches as well as in-game caches? Also check your User Tool Data folder- do you have excessive junk in the Local Work folder? Too many heightmaps/ textures/ custom brushes? Making a backup and refreshing the userdata might help, you can copy stuff back in if you need it.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 2:03 AM Last edited by daisylee : 2nd Nov 2022 at 8:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I would start by clearing virtual store, and testing without custom content. Double check that you have the 4GB patch applied to the CAW exe. Did you clear CAW caches as well as in-game caches? Also check your User Tool Data folder- do you have excessive junk in the Local Work folder? Too many heightmaps/ textures/ custom brushes? Making a backup and refreshing the userdata might help, you can copy stuff back in if you need it.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

Thank you! I will start trying all. Wish me luck. Have never had this before.

EDIT: just pulled 1.5 gig out of CAW and will see if that makes any difference?

EDIT: no luck so far. I think may reverse those changes that were to help uploading problem and see if that is what caused issue for who knows what reason?

EDIT: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nothing is working. CAW works totally fine otherwise. Thank goodness I have my laptop at another location so hopefully can generate some new blank worlds on it and then put on flash and add to this PC. I need to go there anyway pretty soon so will see if that works?

EDIT: Am at other location and had to install base game from Origin as disks are in storage. Too long of full tale to tell. So 1.69 now on laptop with 10. So had to find and install CAW for 1.69. After a few times is working!!!!!!!!! Made some blank worlds and have on flash so hope will work when back home on PC with CAW where cannot create new worlds for who knows what reason. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Am back in business soley as was able to create some blanks on another computer. Still stumped as to why after so long I cannot create them on this PC?