Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 2:08 AM
Default SATs and PSATs
Anyone taking thier SATs soon? Or get their PSAT scores back? If so, whadda you think of the whole thing? Is there an equivalent to the SATs (big scary standardized test of logic and reasoning the colleges [supposedly] look at).

I'm taking my SATs in January, and it'll be the first time since eighth grade.
I got my PSATs back already, and I got a 209, which I'm fairly happy with, given that I didn't study and didn't even realize that the test was the day it was until a friend told me twenty minutes before I took it.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 2:45 AM
LOL! I took my SAT and ACT on my ACT I got a 18, on my SAT I got a 1400 I can't remember the exact number but it was good enough for me to get accepted into a school of my choice.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 3:19 AM
I don't remember my PSAT scores from when we took it last year, but I did get the highest combined score (and highest Critical Reading score) in my county, which is made up of seven school districts. I don't usually tell people that, but anyway. :err: We took the PSAT again this year, and I didn't do any of the score-raising gimmicks they recommend because I didn't care enough to worry about it. I answered every question, for example. I haven't gotten that those scores back yet...

Instructor
#4 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 4:40 AM
OMG I have to take the SAT on January 24, Im just a junior in high school, but I want to take my SAT's this year to get it out of the way, so net year I can get my college aps sent in early!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 12:46 PM
My school does a strange thing- we don't take the PSAT's, but rather take the SAT's twice and choose which score to put on our transcript. I don't remember my exact score, but it was in the highest percentile bracket... made my year :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by msp_teen
OMG I have to take the SAT on January 24, Im just a junior in high school, but I want to take my SAT's this year to get it out of the way, so net year I can get my college aps sent in early!

Eek! I'm taking mine on the twenty-fourth!
We're encouraged to take them junior year, to get them over witha nd so you have time as a senior if you epic fail.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 7:41 PM
We have CATs and SATs at our school (or we did, before they were DESTROYED! MUAHAHAA!)
But I only did Maths (not sure why lol) and I got a LEVEL 8!! Super pleased with that, one of only 3 in our year <3
In CATs I got the highest marks of our year. Awesome. :D
(Okay, I'm showing off, and now I feel bad haha)
Em
<3
#8 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emspp
We have CATs and SATs at our school (or we did, before they were DESTROYED! MUAHAHAA!)
But I only did Maths (not sure why lol) and I got a LEVEL 8!! Super pleased with that, one of only 3 in our year <3
In CATs I got the highest marks of our year. Awesome. :D
(Okay, I'm showing off, and now I feel bad haha)
Em
<3

Level 8? That's exceptional!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 8:28 PM
I know, I was very, very pleased. And I did it a year early too lol
#10 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 9:09 PM
emspp are you by any chance a year nine now? We did ours a year early too, I got two sixes and a five. Not amazing as I was supposed to get a seven for English D:

Well done on the eight though! That's incredible.
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Eek! I'm taking mine on the twenty-fourth!
We're encouraged to take them junior year, to get them over witha nd so you have time as a senior if you epic fail.

Same here!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:48 AM
I propose post SAT thread party on the twenty fourth.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:13 AM
Good luck on your SATs, Panda and Maeghan!

On an unrelated note, I just received my PSAT scores from this year, and I made an 80 (equivalent of 800) on the Writing section. I'm super thrilled.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:14 AM
I'm ready for us to get our PSAT scores back, I don't even wanna know what I got on the Algebra half I hate math with a passion!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
Good luck on your SATs, Panda and Maeghan!

On an unrelated note, I just received my PSAT scores from this year, and I made an 80 (equivalent of 800) on the Writing section. I'm super thrilled.

I hate you.
I got a 79 on my verbal section.
I don't remember what I got on writing, 76 or 77.
Out of curiosity, what'd you get over all?
Also, congratulations! That is super impressive, like jaw droppingly so. Hence my affectionate "I hate you."

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:19 AM
Thanks. You probably beat me overall, though. My overall score was 223 - 74 on Critical Reading, only 69 on the math section.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
Thanks. You probably beat me overall, though. My overall score was 223 - 74 on Critical Reading, only 69 on the math section.

Nope.
I looked and I confused my PSAT with my last SAT, (last SAT I got a 790 on the verbal, this one a 72, ouch) so I got a 72 on the verbal, 77 on writing and 60 on math for a 209 total, but I didn't study and was kind of startled when I found out that it was PSAT day.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 12:01 AM
SATs are the day after tomorrow!

Have any of you studied? I haven't. Wonder if I should...

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 9:12 PM
I just took the SAT today.
sooo effing tricky. I hate it. hahaha

I'm actually looking forward to the ACT because I know the test is more catered to the way my brain works. lol.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 9:16 PM
At my school, we take the SAT's twice- once during sophomore year, once during junior, and they're only offered in the fall. When I took it earlier this year, I thought the English and writing sections were easy, but I'm told that it's only easy if you have a large vocabulary and read often. The math was what tricked me... it's catered for students who are in or have completed Algebra II, correct? I'm taking AII next year, so hopefully the math portion will be easier the next go-round on the test.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 11:21 PM
Yeah, the writing/grammar sections were easy.
there were a couple of fill-in-the blanks that tricked me and really strangely structured sentences in the passages to analyze.

I'm not sure what the knowledge level on the math section is, but basically anything goes. The first half of the problems were do-able, but then it was like, "what!?".
Scholar
#22 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 2:59 AM
I take the SAT again (my second go at it) in a month in a half. I have previously taken 4 PSATs (7th, 8th, 9th, 10th grade) and took my first SAT last year (10th grade), so, I look to increase my score a little more. I actually need to work greatly on my weakness - the Reading section.

I don't know what it is, but, I can not keep focused on those long passages, and often find my self sitting and staring, or, skipping them all together, and answering all the questions that don't require reading the entire thing.
I find the writing section rather easy, and, now that I am taking 2 11th grade English classes, I'm sure that I will do much better on it.
The math is my favorite, because I have had all the way through Trig class thus far (even though the test only goes up to Alg. 2), and I have always been "math smart".
Oh, and the essay. I find that pretty do-able, and it is the absolute least of my worries on the test.

Onliest thing I really hate, is haveing to take it at 8 in the morning! Sooo early for a freakin 4 hr test!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.