Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#7751 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 4:14 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 7:12 AM.
Well, just when I thought I'd cured my game of random naked sims wandering the town...

I sent Cressida Fordyce to a party at her old school friend Jedadiah's house. It turned out to be his birthday, and I suppose that's why he wore his 'birthday' suit.

Jedadiah Rubie is part of a family of comic hill billies I created some while back. They're a bit like the Beverly Hill Billies really, since I moved them into a beaten up old shack on the outskirts of town, but somehow they got rich enough to move into one of the nicest houses in town. Jed is now married to that attractive young lady in the green top. I hope she knows what she's getting to!

He looks surprised doesn't he? Probably saying "Aw shucks! I thought we was all gonna get nekkid!"

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Instructor
#7752 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:16 AM
Nothing says 'fancy restaurant/lounge' quite like a waitress in a ski mask and transparent fringe skirt.

#7753 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:49 AM
Ok, Lysandre, I know you're excited to meet another king in your town but that's no excuse to play chess with Edgar Figaro until 3 am you have work in three hours.
Instructor
#7754 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:19 AM
Steps for making a mushroom omelet:
1. Slice veggies on cutting board
2. Crack egg and pour directly onto cutting board
3. Pour milk directly onto pile of ingredients on cutting board
4. Scoop with bare hands into mixing bowl
5. Stir
6. Taste (ewww)
7. Cook

It's a wonder they haven't all died of food poisoning at this rate...
Field Researcher
#7755 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Steps for making a mushroom omelet:
1. Slice veggies on cutting board
2. Crack egg and pour directly onto cutting board
3. Pour milk directly onto pile of ingredients on cutting board
4. Scoop with bare hands into mixing bowl
5. Stir
6. Taste (ewww)
7. Cook

It's a wonder they haven't all died of food poisoning at this rate...

I always loved how the Sims themselves only needed to provide half of the ingredients of a recipe. Like, the fridge automatically provides the macaroni, but if your sim can't scrape together a single slice of cheese, they're gonna starve tonight. Buttered noodles? That's crazy talk!
Scholar
#7756 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 1:27 PM
Ever notice that whatever town you are playing in there always seems to be somebody called Ethan at the school prom?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Scholar
#7757 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:05 PM
@Elynda, I thought that was just verisimilitude!
Field Researcher
#7758 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
6. Taste (ewww)

That's the part that drives me nuts. One of the biggest no-nos of cooking for a group is to taste your dish with the same spoon that you are using to stir. Sure it would have been a hassle for the animators to show the sim putting down their stirring spoon and using a clean spoon to taste with but could we not show the cook potentially contaminating every plate of food coming out of their kitchen?
Scholar
#7759 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:05 PM
Lately it's the "trashed/dirty surroundings" moodlet. My current file has swelled to include 2 adults, 6 teens, 1 child, and 4 dogs. None of the dogs have the destructive trait and some even have the "good behavior" reward and yet still destroy stuff and pee in the house. Despite all this, I as the player often can't see what they are reacting to because their house constantly looks immaculate to me. Like teach me your secrets! I have only 2 kids and my home is literally trashed all the time with actual trash and I would be so happy if it looked the way my sims does!
Instructor
#7760 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
That's the part that drives me nuts. One of the biggest no-nos of cooking for a group is to taste your dish with the same spoon that you are using to stir. Sure it would have been a hassle for the animators to show the sim putting down their stirring spoon and using a clean spoon to taste with but could we not show the cook potentially contaminating every plate of food coming out of their kitchen?

Not to mention the fact that there's raw eggs in there so you've got a salmonella risk, plus using the same cutting board for everything, I just... askdjfajslkdf. I get that it's only a game, however speaking as someone with a relative who literally came close to dying from a severe case of food poisioning... if anybody at EA/Maxis offers you food, politely decline.

(I also took a food safety class at my college as a filler a few semesters ago and my life has never been the same, lol.)

Also, today in WTF are you doing, that awkward moment when you can't go feed the cat... because the cat is blocking you and you route-fail.
Test Subject
#7761 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 10:23 AM
Hahaha, cool thread

One time, my sim was visiting the neighbors house. I told him to cook some hotdogs on a grill. The grill bursted into flames. One second later my sim was on fire too. The neighbor ran over and started extinguishing the grill. After doing that he went inside the house, sat on a sofa and turned on the TV. My sim died.
Lab Assistant
#7762 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 6:51 PM
I threw a Leisure Day party in my game, and old Judy Bunch kicked the bucket at it. Not only did she die thinking the "great party" speech bubble as Grim took her soul, but this popped up afterward.

Go home to where, the netherworld?
Scholar
#7763 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 4:09 AM
WTF is this gnome doing?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#7764 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
WTF is this gnome doing?

Grinding with the lamp of course

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Hanging with the Gnomies
#7765 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
WTF is this gnome doing?

You can't really tell from the picture, but I was getting ready to Dab.
Lab Assistant
#7766 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:17 AM
He does look like he's hearing music inside his head :D

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#7767 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:34 PM
I swear they're plotting something!
Screenshots
Scholar
#7768 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:04 AM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Jan 2018 at 8:49 PM.
Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of this and it was one of those one off moments that will probably never happen again. It made me laugh anyway.

I was taking screenshots for an upcoming story post and the scene involved five sims trying to use the sliding bookcase door. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but half the time when I tell a sim to open it, they will do so and then immediately throw a routing tantrum whilst the thing shuts again in their faces. And it also appears that only one sim can go through it at a time. But as I was trying to get all five of through it, another sim, who was not supposed to be in the scene, came strolling through, opened the door from the other side, and passed through it without any problems. But what made me laugh was the way the other five all stared at her with varied expressions of disbelief, bewilderment or annoyance. In story terms none of them is supposed to have met her yet, so I could just imagine them thinking "Who the f**k was that?"

Site Helper
#7769 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot of this and it was one of those one off moments that will probably never happen again. It made me laugh anyway.

I was taking screenshots for an upcoming story post and the scene involved five sims trying to use the sliding bookcase door. I don't know if anybody else has had this problem, but half the time when tell a sim to open it, they will do so and then immediately throw a routing tantrum whilst the thing shuts again in their faces. And it also appears that only one sim can go through it at a time. But as I was trying to get all five of through it, another sim, who was not supposed to be in the scene, came strolling through, opened the door from the other side, and passed through it without any problems. But what made me laugh was the way the other five all stared at her with varied expressions of disbelief, bewilderment or annoyance. In story terms none of them is supposed to have met her yet, so I could just imagine them thinking "Who the f**k was that?"
Along with "Oh! Is THAT how it works?"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#7770 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:42 PM
Sim goes dumpster diving right after spending $2,000+ at the spa on beauty treatments.
She is now filthy and only has one hunk of cheap Iron to show for it

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#7771 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 1:47 PM
Your sim sounds like a personification of a dog.

Expect getting anything of value, your dog brings you a used tuna tin.
Alchemist
#7772 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
Your sim sounds like a personification of a dog.

Expect getting anything of value, your dog brings you a used tuna tin.

Oh god you're right, all those times when my cats brought back an empty chip bag or feather after a day's hunt 😆

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#7773 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:37 PM
I'm not sure whether or not sims invited for parties just search for people in the house or whatever?? but this was a friendly reminder to start using locks (:

Scholar
#7774 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Octopuss
I'm not sure whether or not sims invited for parties just search for people in the house or whatever?? but this was a friendly reminder to start using locks (:

"Hello, blackmail-material~"
Scholar
#7775 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:32 PM
My sim got invited to Mahmoud Yavari's party so she goes and there are 4 sims there playing the freaking guitar! Every stereo in the place is on and they're each standing in a different room doing 0 level discordant strumming. I ended up clicking "take a break" on each and shift+click deleting the room guitars. Whyyy do inactives do this?!?! A party is not the right place to learn guitar.
Page 311 of 321