Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 6:56 PM
Default Money for teens/separate bank accounts
I get that there is only one account for the whole family but I was wondering if I'm the only one who is annoyed with it.
For example, if I have a teen in the family with a part-time job or someone on his way to becoming a writer, the money they make disappears once they move out. Wouldn't if be nice if they could keep that money so it will be added to their account when they move out?

What I normally do is move them to an empty lot, calculate roughly what they made before and add that via a money cheat. Or buy them stuff they can take with them before they move out. Still, I don't like it.
Does anyone know if it has ever been discussed to have family members have separate bank accounts?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 8:06 PM
I know a mod was made for Sims 2 that did this. It used tokens somehow. I don't know exactly how it worked or if such a system could be done for Sims 3 or how easy it would be. But I'm guessing it is possible.
I'd like to be able to keep money separate too. It is quite unfair that one person earns it and then loses it just because they move.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 9:02 PM
You can still allow your sims to keep a fair share of their income by getting them to invest in stuff and keep it in their inventory. They can sell it after they move out.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:00 AM
I like to think of Inge's method as the sims "investing in precious art"...
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
For example, if I have a teen in the family with a part-time job or someone on his way to becoming a writer, the money they make disappears once they move out.
If you want conservation of funds and accounting where money doesn't just disappear or appear out of nowhere when you move, you should get AwesomeMod for that. However, the game itself only tracks money on the household level: Individual sims don't have money independently of a household, and there's really no useful reason why you would need to, since sims can't spend any significant quantities of money on their own anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.